Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Haha lol i am envious of people who are naturally gifted at maths! I'm the opposite, Chemistry is probably one of my strongest subjects! No doubt, it will probably be 10x harder at A-level!
    Chemistry is fun at times and I have a nice class for it next year. Looking forward to it. I think it's my banker for an A* at GCSE, if I don't get it I will jump off a cliff next Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    What is 'enrichment'? Or is it different depending on the school?

I noticed along side out frees and lessons we also have 2 periods of enrichment every 2 weeks and 2 periods of General Studies or 'Statutory' Games, or something like that....
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    True, if I find it interesting enough and not stupidly difficult I may consider keeping it... But I doubt I will, I was never amazing at it, and I heard the AS-A2 jump is killer
    Yeah but the jump from AS to A2 seems bigger than GCSE to AS in most subjects. Anything's possible if you work hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Whilst that is true I also believe American universities only do group interviews
    Are you talking about that guy that got 7 A*s but didn't get into Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    It's just extra qualifications/skills/experience intended to strengthen your uni application in my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah but the jump from AS to A2 seems bigger than GCSE to AS in most subjects. Anything's possible if you work hard enough.
    Indeed

Still not looking forwards to it! I hope the physics and maths course's are good, I love physics and am good at it, I like maths and am good at it... I just don't want it to be like GCSE and get really bored because the course content is rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Actually I read somewhere that people with blue eyes are generally more intelligent than people with brown eyes, most Asians have brown eyes But yh I'm guessing it's
    to do with the Asian work ethic which is enforced by their parents resulting in excellent grades or severe punishment Well thts my theory anyway:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you read that, Mein Kampf? ahahah :') Having blue eyes helps you seen in the dark a lot better, I haven't heard about the intelligence thing though.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed

Still not looking forwards to it! I hope the physics and maths course's are good, I love physics and am good at it, I like maths and am good at it... I just don't want it to be like GCSE and get really bored because the course content is rubbish!
    GCSE Physics is just awful. I've studied some AS and A2 Physics and I can assure you it is way more interesting but also way more challenging.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I wish I could study things like History, Philosophy and Spanish alongside the sciences but obviously A-Levels are too time consuming for that to be realistic unless you are L'Evil Fish.
    Ahaha, I see. People have different strengths!
    I hope he sees this! He's not a person though, sooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Yep I've chosen Bio, Chem, English Lit and Psychology. How about you?
    I'm doing those exact a-levels, but aiming for Medicine!
    Have you been agonising over choosing maths or not too?
    I know I don't need it but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Ahaha, I see. People have different strengths!
    I hope he sees this! He's not a person though, sooooo
    Yeah he's just too good at academics. I could have sat AS Maths and AS Religious Studies last summer but didn't so I could focus on my GCSEs but I really regret it because then I could have ended up with 5 A2s and an extra AS which would have been nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Are you talking about that guy that got 7 A*s but didn't get into Oxford?
    haha sort of

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Physics is just awful. I've studied some AS and A2 Physics and I can assure you it is way more interesting but also way more challenging.
    It is, and we had a really boring teacher too, sucked! The first unit of Maths sucked, but it got better in Unit 2 and when Unit 3 came along with proper trig and stuff I started to like it more...

I think our school is doing the OCR B course for Physics, what are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hemalgangani)
    Where did you read that, Mein Kampf? ahahah :') Having blue eyes helps you seen in the dark a lot better, I haven't heard about the intelligence thing though.
    Haha surprisingly not! I didn't read it from the daily mail, but here's 1 article about it..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...brilliant.html

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I know there will b grades im happy with but there will also be grades im disappointed in.
    I know I wont get a A in art or English language ever but im still hoping for it and wil b swd if I get a B even though that would b the highestt I shud expext. Whats everyone else expecting good bad or both

ReputationRep:
    It is, and we had a really boring teacher too, sucked! The first unit of Maths sucked, but it got better in Unit 2 and when Unit 3 came along with proper trig and stuff I started to like it more...

I think our school is doing the OCR B course for Physics, what are you on?
    OCR A

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's just too good at academics. I could have sat AS Maths and AS Religious Studies last summer but didn't so I could focus on my GCSEs but I really regret it because then I could have ended up with 5 A2s and an extra AS which would have been nice.
    Damn right.
    Where was Evil fishy when you were about to make the choice, he could have swayed you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Haha surprisingly not! I didn't read it from the daily mail, but here's 1 article about it..
    I don't read much into this... motivation will overwhelm any effect inherited benefits you get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Ooh, that's actually quite interesting! Then again it is the Daily Mail, so... ahaha, damn it, I wish I had blue eyes now!

ReputationRep:
    OCR A
    Typical :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.