The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Is anybody applying with a french baccalaureat here?

I am! I've applied to study sociology but still no offer so far :s-smilie:
Which course have you applied to?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Eleska
I am! I've applied to study sociology but still no offer so far :s-smilie:
Which course have you applied to?

Have you received the strongest applicant email? I applied for sociology too and still waiting.
Original post by CaptainJaneway
Do you have an offer? Personally I'd go with LSE. I'm applying for phil and econ too and you can tailor your degree to be more econ and econometrics orientated. Also phil would give valued analytical etc skills which I think Oxbridge really like. And they don't really like you taking a gap year if you're going for a very maths-based degree as you fall out of practice.
If you're sitting with an offer from LSE right now I think it would be a mistake not to take it. And if you're going for a career in the city then definitely get LSE on your CV. :smile:

No, I haven't got an offer. The last email I got was about "one of the strongest candidate one" What about you? May I know why you want to study Phil and Econ? Also, what are your GCSES/ASlevels/Predictions like? :smile:
Reply 4003
Original post by CG1012
I'm in China. And you?

Aw cool! I visited last year, loved the country!
I'm in Mauritius :smile:
Just curious if anyone received the "strongest email" and been rejected? It would be very cruel of LSE to send such a promising email only to disappoint one.
Reply 4005
Original post by bshrestha
what were your gcses/aslevels/predictions like ? :smile:

AS straight As
Prediction A*AAA
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4007
Original post by yogurtpot
Have you received the strongest applicant email? I applied for sociology too and still waiting.

Yes I did, on the 13th of December and didn't hear anything since. Hope its gonna be tomorrow
Original post by jonnytsc
AS straight As
Prediction A*AAA

That's amazing. What subjects? Your personal statement must be amazing too since most people getting offers for straight econ have straight A*s. what do you think made you stand out? :smile:
Reply 4009
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Econ.
I've done a year of prepa since my bac and got 18 in the bac overall (bac scientifique)
What marks did you get? Really interested in seeing whether I have any chance at all.

I am in Terminal (bac scientifique aussi!) so I just have my french and history marks (20 for both french exams and 18 in history) and I was predicted 17 overall. 18 is pretty amazing (congratulations btw) - you made me feel anxious with your high average :frown: - so I think you have lots of chance to get an offer ! However we're not applying for the same course, and sociology and eco are very different ..
Never really specified, but I received an offer for Maths with Economics a bit before Christmas. The offer is A*AA, my GCSEs are 10A*s3As, my AS grades are AAAA and my predictions for A2 are A*A*AA, any other people applying/got offers for Maths with Econ, don't think I've seen anyone :frown:
Received the "strongest email" on 6th Dec. On 20th Dec I received "add 2 weeks to wait time" email. Do you think they'll keeping me waiting till the 30th Jan? (I worked out that's when my extra 2 weeks is up). Feel like I've been waiting for an eternity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by gracelich
Received the "strongest email" on 6th Dec. On 20th Dec I received "add 2 weeks to wait time" email. Do you think they'll keeping me waiting till the 30th Jan? (I worked out that's when my extra 2 weeks is up). Feel like I've been waiting for an eternity...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're suppose to get back to me tomorrow for history so anxiety levels are going up...I have the same dates as you though, including the +2 weeks fro christmas. Did they tell you 4 weeks for a decision or 6weeks??
Blah, if I cant do maths then I'm screwed for my C3 mock tomorrow!! (The 'Hitler' paper from last summer) ! :frown:
Original post by BigDaddy202
Never really specified, but I received an offer for Maths with Economics a bit before Christmas. The offer is A*AA, my GCSEs are 10A*s3As, my AS grades are AAAA and my predictions for A2 are A*A*AA, any other people applying/got offers for Maths with Econ, don't think I've seen anyone :frown:

what subjects?? :smile:
Original post by puella_optima
They're suppose to get back to me tomorrow for history so anxiety levels are going up...I have the same dates as you though, including the +2 weeks fro christmas. Did they tell you 4 weeks for a decision or 6weeks??
Blah, if I cant do maths then I'm screwed for my C3 mock tomorrow!! (The 'Hitler' paper from last summer) ! :frown:

Oh damn! Maybe I worked it out wrong?! I didn't count the two weeks over Christmas, so maybe that's why I worked out I'd have a decision by 30th? Having a mini heart attack right now as we could both potentially have a decision tomorrow!! Arghhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puella_optima

Also, they said I'd have a final decision within 12 weeks (1st email I got from them). The 12 weeks ended on 14th Jan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4017

Dunno when they'll finally send the decisions, they're usually late (I received the "strongest email" 8 weeks after the "wait for 5 weeks"'s one) but I think they have lots of work to do now that the application process is finally closed. I hope to hear something by the end of Jan. or I'll die of anxiety !
Original post by Eleska
Dunno when they'll finally send the decisions, they're usually late (I received the "strongest email" 8 weeks after the "wait for 5 weeks"'s one) but I think they have lots of work to do now that the application process is finally closed. I hope to hear something by the end of Jan. or I'll die of anxiety !

What have you applied for? I received the "strongest email" on the exact day that my 5 weeks ended...So they've kept within the time constraints for me so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4019
What have you applied for? I received the "strongest email" on the exact day that my 5 weeks ended...So they've kept within the time constraints for me so far.

Sociology, you? I hope for you they'll keep it until the final decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending