Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    They tripled his salary for his final year (assuming he stays) which is likely because I think he has his heart set on Bayern so will end up joining them on a free next year.
    Yeah I heard they were using the CL money to up some wages as "invisible signings" but its still not a lot of money for a player like him, its not inconceivable that Bayern will triple that 60 if he goes there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Hes on 20 grand a week thats why he wants to go
    Seriously?
    Makes sense then, thought he might be earning 60k or so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love to know what ivan gazidis earn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He received a mega bonus last year when he sold nasri and fabregas, I vividly remember if being close to the 2 million mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/olivier-giroud

Nice interview with Giroud on the website. Seems especially focused and determined to kick on next season, and already I think hes been an excellent signing for what we paid(closer to 9m apparently)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Who do you think negotiates these bumper sponsorship deals many on this board have been raving about lately? Frimpong?

You could say it's wrong that Gazidis gets bonuses when we've gone so long without a trophy even if our finances and profits sit pretty. However, I'd contend that is Wenger's job to deliver trophies not Gazidis. His job is to make us rich, a job which he hasn't done too badly at apparently. Not even blaming Wenger here on our lack of silverware because I understand the reasons behind it, but it's a little unfair and incorrect to just blame Ivan for everything at the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Who do you think negotiates these bumper sponsorship deals many on this board have been raving about lately? Frimpong?

You could say it's wrong that Gazidis gets bonuses when we've gone so long without a trophy even if our finances and profits sit pretty. However, I'd contend that is Wenger's job to deliver trophies not Gazidis. His job is to make us rich, a job which he hasn't done too badly at apparently. Not even blaming Wenger here on our lack of silverware because I understand the reasons behind it, but it's a little unfair and incorrect to just blame Ivan for everything at the club.
    Tom Fox negotiates the commercial deals for arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/olivier-giroud

Nice interview with Giroud on the website. Seems especially focused and determined to kick on next season, and already I think hes been an excellent signing for what we paid(closer to 9m apparently)
    No doubt he's been a good buy despite a slow start. But still, can't be our number 1 striker next season or we won't br getting any higher than fourth.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain and Fellaini would be a really good summer tbh. Apparently Wenger wants to keep Cazorla on the left and play JW as the no.10. So I imagine if we do sign Fellaini he'd replace Ramsey in the line up.

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Arteta Fellaini

Theo JW Santi

Higuain

Giroud, Podolski, Chamberlain, Rosicky, Vermaelen don't even make the starting eleven. That's a team capable of getting 85-90 pts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Higuain and Fellaini would be a really good summer tbh. Apparently Wenger wants to keep Cazorla on the left and play JW as the no.10. So I imagine if we do sign Fellaini he'd replace Ramsey in the line up.

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Arteta Fellaini

Theo JW Santi

Higuain

Giroud, Podolski, Chamberlain, Rosicky, Vermaelen don't even make the starting eleven. That's a team capable of getting 85-90 pts
    If only Wenger and the board thought this logically...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)

Ok for one i said I would love to know what he is paid and secondly I think hes been rather poor, before this season hes been pretty shambolic in finding great deals and the way he tries to make things look all nice and rosie when they're really not annoys the **** out of me. He should be sacked and David dein should be brought back in but we all know why that wont happen.

(Original post by Zyyz)
    If only Wenger and the board thought this logically...
    because that logic includes arteta making it irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Ok for one i said I would love to know what he is paid and secondly I think hes been rather poor, before this season hes been pretty shambolic in finding great deals and the way he tries to make things look all nice and rosie when they're really not annoys the **** out of me. He should be sacked and David dein should be brought back in but we all know why that wont happen.

because that logic includes arteta making it irrelevant
    What happened with dein, why did he leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsenal turned down Zaha before he signed for United :holmes:

No idea about the reliability of this, but it does have actual quotes, so. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

No idea about the reliability of this, but it does have actual quotes, so. :dontknow:
    Why is there a turd with a face on your avatar?

And im happy we never got zaha, he seems highly overrated to me.

ReputationRep:
    TBH Zaha would probably have signed for ManU even if Arsenal had been interested.

Anyway, is it just me or why are some English players SO expensive. I mean £15 million for Zaha seems way too much, I don't know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    TBH Zaha would probably have signed for ManU even if Arsenal had been interested.

Anyway, is it just me or why are some English players SO expensive. I mean £15 million for Zaha seems way too much, I don't know?
    He's a match-going Arsenal fan and from London...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22886585

I guess that little rumour's been put to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

David Dein has no involvement in the club though. He is persona non grata as far as our board are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)

No it won't be. Still got circa 8 weeks of silly season to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)

to quote Gladiator: ''we will see you again....but not yet''

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.