Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    What' going on? I'm ill and I've just come on here and apparently posts are being deleted and people are leaving? Please don't leave, this thread has been really helpful to me when I've really needed it :sad:
    On a personal note, I don't know whether i'm leaving this thread for a bit or staying, i'm helpful or unhelpful and this and that. I haven't really been posting in this thread recently so this, I guess, is me being "back" but only because Sarah' included me in a post. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have posted on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Do you know any people who also go to the library. I knew people who always met at the library to work. They felt more comfortable to work around others and in the library they couldn't talk too much so actually got work done.

And I know what you mean about the bed, at the moment I feel like spending my whole day in bed, but sadly that's no way to live life.

And yes, exercise is the only thing at the moment that I truly enjoy. It also settles my inner unrest mostly. And I joined table tennis club so I also now get to be around people while doing it so that's nice.

But respect for your organisation! I think I will ask my mum to help me plan and kind of keep a check that I stick to it.
    I'm not sure if anyone will be going to the same library as me, because I'm switching course next year which means a new library! There aren't that many people doing psychology though so I think the faculty library should be fairly quiet and is apparently really nice (with comfy coffee shop style chairs ). Libraries are normally awful for anxiety but I'm hoping a quiet, comfortable one should be manageable. Saves me walking backwards and forwards to the department all day as well, because it's about 15 mins from where I live and there will probably be a few hours between lectures.

I'm glad exercise is helpful for you at the moment. I'm struggling a bit with the heat - yesterday I did a fairly short bike ride (just over 10 miles) and a short run (just under 2 miles) but it was 30 degrees centigrade and I burned through my t-shirt and sunscreen (my skin really doesn't like sun) and I felt so ill last night I think all of the sweating got my electrolytes more out of whack than they normally are. I think I'll have to join the gym if the heat keeps up, because it's not really doable. I'm going to the south of France for the next couple of weeks and it will probably be mid-30s, and I don't know how I'm going to manage. Will either have to run overnight () or take up swimming I think, but that's tough because I have quite a lot of scars that make me uncomfortable. Dunno. (Sorry this turned into a "how am I going to exercise!??!" post. Stresses me out that I might not be able to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    On a personal note, I don't know whether i'm leaving this thread for a bit or staying, i'm helpful or unhelpful and this and that. I haven't really been posting in this thread recently so this, I guess, is me being "back" but only because Sarah' included me in a post. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have posted on this thread.
    You are helpful fo sho and we miss you

ReputationRep:
    Why is life so hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    You are helpful fo sho and we miss you
    Thanks Although I honestly have nothing to say on this thread any more and if I did, It'll be pointless drivel I'm not leaving nor staying really, i'm at the "i'll post when I feel it's necessary" mode I guess
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm 20 today. Not sure how I feel about this, hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah')
    Hun… I don’t even know where to start. You’re the one person who could truly relate to everything, and vice versa. I know we both struggled to talk to each other, due to our situations being so similar which led to lots of triggering. However, I found comfort in knowing that you understood me, knew I wasn’t crazy for how I felt… I know first hand how s**t this situation is. How strong you have to be to continue. And I’m so insanely proud that you’re still fighting it. You never deserved ANY of this, at all. I promise you that, and I can only hope that one day you’ll honestly, deep down believe it. I promise your friend doesn’t hate you either. In fact, I bet their flippin’ proud that you’re still battling through, even though it’s tough. I am ALWAYS here for you, and I’m getting triggered less and less, so I’m sure that soon, you can talk to me, without worrying I’d be triggered. In the mean time, please feel free to PM me, whenever you need :jumphug:
    :cry2:
    Thanks for being so lovely, hun :hugs: I'm glad that you feel we had a mutual understanding, I do too Everything you've said there: it's true for you too, remember. It's not your fault, and you didn't deserve anything that happened. :nah: I'm sorry that you're leaving us, but I really hope that you choose to join us again in the near future. I'm sure I'll be sending you the occasional PM (otherwise I will worry :hmmm: ) so this isn't really goodbye at all :nah: I hope you're okay lovely. Big hugs, and I'm always here if you need me :jumphug: :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Happy birthday! :woo: :party:

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday! :hugs: I hope it'll be a happy one for you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Happy Birthday! :awesome: :party: :woo: :yeah: :danceboy:

Nothing wrong with being 20! :nah:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone? I'm still in hospital, 3G is rubbish so don't get to post much at the moment. Just thought I'd stop by briefly to update.

Had a meeting with a lady from CAB today and it looks like I'll definitely be entitled to PIP which is good. I never thought I'd be entitled to it because I never thought I was that bad, but I think a lot more makes sense now because of my diagnosis of dysthymia. Apparently sufferers often feel like a fraud because they are so used to being depressed, and it's just normal. We went through all the criteria and I scored very high which means I'll be entitled to the enhanced one as well. She's coming again on Friday to help sort it out and all our other benefits once we have the baby.

I've been having a lot of flashbacks and am always anxious/on edge. I am constantly thinking so many conflicting thoughts, and it being brought to the front of my mind with the 1:1 sessions is making them so much more vivid and frequent. It's hard but I'm in the best place. I miss my boyfriend and cat though.

I don't have a good enough connection to read through all the posts but I hope everyone is coping ok.

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday! :jumphug:

(Original post by bullettheory)
    :horse:
    Noticed on skype it was your birthday the other day as well, so have a hug too. :hugs:

(Original post by HmMusic)
    How is everyone? I'm still in hospital, 3G is rubbish so don't get to post much at the moment. Just thought I'd stop by briefly to update.

Had a meeting with a lady from CAB today and it looks like I'll definitely be entitled to PIP which is good. I never thought I'd be entitled to it because I never thought I was that bad, but I think a lot more makes sense now because of my diagnosis of dysthymia. Apparently sufferers often feel like a fraud because they are so used to being depressed, and it's just normal. We went through all the criteria and I scored very high which means I'll be entitled to the enhanced one as well. She's coming again on Friday to help sort it out and all our other benefits once we have the baby.

I've been having a lot of flashbacks and am always anxious/on edge. I am constantly thinking so many conflicting thoughts, and it being brought to the front of my mind with the 1:1 sessions is making them so much more vivid and frequent. It's hard but I'm in the best place. I miss my boyfriend and cat though.

I don't have a good enough connection to read through all the posts but I hope everyone is coping ok.
    Hey, glad to hear from you. And it sounds like you're coping well despite the flashbacks and everything, so be proud of yourself! :hugs:

Present for the sprog is coming along nicely. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    I don't think we've spoken before but welcome to MHSS if we haven't!
    I think it's really unlikely that too many people will leave, as a lot of us have never had a problem with posts being deleted.

Hope you're doing ok.
    Thanks for the welcome

Today's a bit of a mixed day. Sunshine helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Was I on the treadmill? Haha - I thought it looked like you, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to look like a **** if it wasn't you haha. Next time I'll come and say hello Did you have a good workout?
    Yep Yeah it was good, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday! :birthday: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not doing too well today. Have found it very triggering in a "you're not good enough/will never be good enough/ will never be happy..." sort of way. Even the sun does not help

ReputationRep:
    Just ran until I passed out :cry2: I just wanted to escape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah')
    Just wanted to say a special thank you to you… I know how incredibly tough things have been for you. Yet you still keep going… I’m so proud to have known you, and I’m sure we’ll definitely be speaking on Skype again, so this is not a good bye at all
    Awwwww! Will be sad to see you go hun! But if it's what you need, then go for it. But we will all really miss you! Of course we'll talk on Skype :yep: So you're right, this is not a goodbye

(Original post by IDukem)
    Somewhere in South-West Wales...can't remember the exact location though That's true and I like it when I can just relax a day away sometimes and thank you! Aww that's great, where was the holiday based? Well as you say, relaxing is always great because you can recharge your batteries before you go to uni :lovehug:
    Ooooh sounds nice. Lovely weather lately btw, reminds me of wanting to go down to the beach Just need that special someone to go walking along the shore . Yup, I've got less than 2 months left before I start back again, and I intend to just chill! Whether that will happen is another thing :ninja:

(Original post by tasha96)
    Ha we can wish. :hugs: Maybe it'll happen one day if we keep our fingers crossed.
    :hugs: Who knows what this world will come up with next :rolleyes: My sleep pattern is getting better I suppose. Going to sleep at 11, getting up at 10.. I'm just exhausted most days now!

(Original post by 08batee)
    Just ran until I passed out :cry2: I just wanted to escape
    :hugs: :jumphug: Maybe not a good idea to run till you pass out hun! :nah: Hope you're okay though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Quoted you because you might be able to explain slightly better (not for specific cases of moderation, because I know that has to happen in AAM) what generally leads to a post being deleted, so that everyone knows what to expect and isn't frightened away from posting by emotional "goodbye" posts or a seeming rift between mods and other posters.
    The first post in the thread has been updates with bullettheory's post which sums it up very well. If you have any more questions then just let one of us know

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed that I'm still getting depressed after all these years, and I'm feeling so stuck on what to do about it. I've tried many different things but nothing seems to work. I'm worried I'll never be truly happy as long as my life isn't perfect and I continue to be overwhelmed and disappointed by things :sigh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.