Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Ah okay! Thanks
    It should probably say H & R recycling bin somewhere.
    Just click unwatch thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    oh my ****ing god. I am literally done with every health professional on this ****ing planet. I am not engaging in any of this **** any more.
    :hugs: what happened?

(Original post by IDukem)
    I can't help but think I'm going to struggle to fit in when I go to Uni. I really don't want to be 'just another guy' any more :sad:
    you'd be surprised! I didn't think I'd fit in at Uni either, but when I went I quickly found people who I fitted in with for me it was through my politics but am sure you will find something too, societies and groups are a great way to meet people you will fit in with for one!

ReputationRep:
    It's lovely for you to say I'm just really worried about it. I just gotta channel in my inner David Lee Roth
    i think we're all worried about making friends at uni (i move in two weeks), but 99.9% of people manage it, so im sure we'll be fine
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by student_1995)
    I have this problem too. Try relaxation techniques/ breathing exercises and avoid too much caffeine. If this is a regular problem ask your GP about a beta blocker such as propranolol.
    Mybreathing's been all over the place all day anyway and had an asthma attack and things so wondering if that's what's making me shake I used to do it a lot, haven't so much recently (or maybe just noticed less as not at school trying to write or anything) but I will, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Does anyone know how to stop yourself shaking? Have been really badly all day and it's driving me mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya. :wavey: I dont have any suggestions but I have the same problem and wanted to give it a bump. Shakey high five. :five: :awesome:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    oh my ****ing god. I am literally done with every health professional on this ****ing planet. I am not engaging in any of this **** any more.
    Whats happened chook? :hugs: On facebook if you need.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Heya. :wavey: I dont have any suggestions but I have the same problem and wanted to give it a bump. Shakey high five. :five: :awesome:

Whats happened chook? :hugs: On facebook if you need.
    :hi: Well at least we're not alone then! :five: Hopefully someoen else will have some more- did you see student1995's post?

How are you, anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling a lot. Very anxious and depressed. Think I'm going to drop university possibly. I'm failing anyway, and can only get an ordinary degree.

I went back through for uni last night, but had to come back to my hometown by train earlier today.

ReputationRep:
    Mybreathing's been all over the place all day anyway and had an asthma attack and things so wondering if that's what's making me shake I used to do it a lot, haven't so much recently (or maybe just noticed less as not at school trying to write or anything) but I will, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you are meant to use those tablets if you have asthma, but there will be others you can try

ReputationRep:
    :hi: Well at least we're not alone then! :five: Hopefully someoen else will have some more- did you see student1995's post?

How are you, anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did indeedy.
    I'm okay- going out climbing with a friend later! :eek: Super nervous. How are you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I did indeedy.
    I'm okay- going out climbing with a friend later! :eek: Super nervous. How are you? :hugs:
    climbing rocks! i went this morning I'm going tomorrow too! Let me know how it goes!

ps which one u going to? tell me when u get back if u dont trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_1995)
    I have this problem too. Try relaxation techniques/ breathing exercises and avoid too much caffeine. If this is a regular problem ask your GP about a beta blocker such as propranolol.
    It's unlikely someone with asthma will get beta blockers prescribed as they can stop salbutamol from working.

Have you been using your inhaler a lot today or had nebulisers? One of the side effects of salbutamol (the stuff in blue inhalers) can be skeletal muscle tremor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    climbing rocks! i went this morning I'm going tomorrow too! Let me know how it goes!

ps which one u going to? tell me when u get back if u dont trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha ha a small one in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha a small one in Scotland.
    when and if u ever come to london u should go to mile end climbing wall! it's like super awesome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)

you'd be surprised! I didn't think I'd fit in at Uni either, but when I went I quickly found people who I fitted in with for me it was through my politics but am sure you will find something too, societies and groups are a great way to meet people you will fit in with for one!
    I'll probably join a society or two and I will just go around doing whether I feel like during some days in freshers week. I'll try my bets to be presentable.

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    i think we're all worried about making friends at uni (i move in two weeks), but 99.9% of people manage it, so im sure we'll be fine
    I shall have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably join a society or two and I will just go around doing whether I feel like during some days in freshers week. I'll try my bets to be presentable.
    sounds good im sure it will be okay, just remember other people there will be just as keen as you to make friends and fit in

ReputationRep:
    do any of you guys take medication for depression? and if you do does it really help? I mean it's hard to see depression as curable by an type of medication tbh, it's also a state of our own minds...? x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by GEEKHELP)
    do any of you guys take medication for depression? and if you do does it really help? I mean it's hard to see depression as curable by an type of medication tbh, it's also a state of our own minds...? x
    I take antidepressants (Sertraline, namely). It's not a solve-all cure but it certainly makes me far more functional than I would be otherwise :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I take antidepressants (Sertraline, namely). It's not a solve-all cure but it certainly makes me far more functional than I would be otherwise :yes:
    did they keep tabs on you at first? suicide unfortunately is more likely when taking anti depressants isn't it? and then it's not really possible to come off them :l sorry for the questions im just petrified by thinking about taking them

ReputationRep:
    I've wondered if I have depression for a few years now, or if I'm just unmotivated

Spoiler:
    Show
    My motivation has completely dropped off in the past few months though, everything I used to enjoy has just become boring and pointless :/ I've been really tired constantly since January time, and my doctor has said he thinks I have ME/CFS, which can cause depression, but I'm not sure if this is just depression in the first place... I also have no appetite and generally feel down a lot of the time, some nights I will just cry all night and feel like nothing is working out, and I even feel worried about my relationship and if my partner really wants to be with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    YEAH. All the coolest people in here take sertraline.
    Mine's for panic disorder, but does naff all to help with the frequency/ length of my panic attacks. Works beautifully on my mood though. Does mean I can get out of bed much easier than I did pre-meds tbh.

(Original post by GEEKHELP)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.