Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    any mid-tabled team would've beaten us 4-0 there.

oh well, a win is a win and amazingly we're somehow 5th after having the worst set of performances i've ever seen from us.
    Worst? Na, nothing beats the Hodgson era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I don't want Balotelli to be anywhere near the starting XI, I can't believe he missed that sitter. He honestly reminds me of Voronin. Rodgers needs to have a stern word with him because Balo's been very selfish in the games he has played for us. I'd rather stick up Lambert up front at least he'll give it his all and he won't be as selfish as Balotelli has been.
    i said it before and i'll say it again; balotelli is garbage.
    he doesn't score, he doesn't assist, he makes almost no runs and he creates no space for our other players.
    he's just a disruption and i seriosuly don't think we'd be much worse off going forward if he wasn't there and we had 10 men.

it's a no brainer between balotelli and lambert tbh.
    the latter may be older and slower but he puts 100% in every single games.
    he has experience, he's great for holding up play and laying it off, not to mention he can actually put the ball in the back of the net.

rodgers has given balo plenty of chances, surely now he must relegate him to the bench for the forseeable future.
    it just reminds me of wenger never wanting to drop ozil, although the difference is that the german actually does something good once in a while.

Wednesday night is gonna be fun, looks like Real Madrid will play the 'how many goals can we put past Liverpool' game.
    single figures would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    Southampton will take 4th.
    Wouldn't even rule it out. Liverpool aren't good enough, we're [man utd] far from being 'fixed,' and Tottenham look a mess under Pottechino. Hell, even Arsenal look a mess. Chelsea and City will be the top 2; past that, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Wouldn't even rule it out. Liverpool aren't good enough, we're [man utd] far from being 'fixed,' and Tottenham look a mess under Pottechino. Hell, even Arsenal look a mess. Chelsea and City will be the top 2; past that, who knows.
    maybe there will be a shock
    but until christmas i'm gonna assume arsenal, united and spurs are our main rivals this season.

ReputationRep:
    Love this tweet:

"Sterling has to be applauded for realising that passing to QPR defenders was going to be more effective than passing to Balotelli."

https://twitter.com/paulsinha/status/523842742712299520

Small positive was that we looked threatening from the counter attack (two of our goals came from it and basically forced the QPR defence to bottle it with the own goal and deflection), that is really our only hope on Wednesday.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Enough with the last minute goals now pls...it's not funny anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Enough with the last minute goals now pls...it's not funny anymore.
    Arsenal vs Palace, 90+1 winner
    Everton vs Arsenal, 90' equaliser
    Arsenal vs Hull, 90+1 equaliser

We'll stop if you stop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hell of a final five minutes.

Nowhere near good enough defensively yet again. It's madness that there are fifteen teams below us...what the **** have they been playing at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    regardless of any doubts some fans have, there's absolutely no reason, no excuse not to win tomorrow.
    personally i am nervous but i'm nervous before any game where we have striking options of balotelli or lambert...

but QPR are a whole new level of awful.
    Well **** me they won but damn do they know how to stress me out. Had my phone set to vibrate on goals in the match at work, getting nervous it would be 0-0, buzz for a goal and Liverpool score, whew...look at 85 mins, okay still 1-0, that's a wrap...few minutes later, BUZZ, BUZZ, BUUUZZZ. TROLOLOLOL BUUUZZ.

I thought my phone was playing up then I check the scoreline. :eek:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Arsenal vs Palace, 90+1 winner
    Everton vs Arsenal, 90' equaliser
    Arsenal vs Hull, 90+1 equaliser

We'll stop if you stop.
    Well...last minute own goals and penalties then
    Looking forward to RM?

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid to keep a clean sheet? Banker lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Own goal is our joint top scorer this season ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Own goal is our joint top scorer this season ffs.
    :facepalm2:

anyway, onwards and upwards - we somehow got the points today so lets look forward to the next game.
    what team do you think we should put out in which formation?
    if rodgers plays balotelli i'm gonna lose it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    :facepalm2:

anyway, onwards and upwards - we somehow got the points today so lets look forward to the next game.
    what team do you think we should put out in which formation?
    if rodgers plays balotelli i'm gonna lose it.
    Lambert will hardly give Ramos nightmares.

ReputationRep:
    lambert is our third striker (second now imo), but that's not the point.
    he isn't a top striker like sturridge or suarez but at least he tries unlike balotelli.

okay rodgers took a risk on balo and it didn't pay off, now that sturridge is injured and the guy we bought is garbage we need to give lambert a go.
    he isn't a disruption and he's much more likely to score a goal than balotelli.
    he can link up and play off other players and it's time we gave him a go on the big stage.

ReputationRep:
    He will atleast put a better shift than Balo, but I wouldn't start him against Madrid though. Should be brought on if Balo has another stinker (wouldn't matter if we are 4 nill down :P)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Whatever happens, I think Manquillo and Coutinho both need to come into the side against Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    He will atleast put a better shift than Balo, but I wouldn't start him against Madrid though. Should be brought on if Balo has another stinker (wouldn't matter if we are 4 nill down :P)
    I wouldn't consider giving balo any time on Wednesday at all.
    Honestly, I'd much rather rodgers made a statement by using Borini instead.

Although we were terrible today, he was the worst of the lot.
    Isn't like it was against Chelsea or city, it was against the bloody bottom club.

He's lucky we don't have many options because if Sturridge was fit he wouldn't be getting a game anytime soon...

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid are going to tear us a new one.

Please don't let it be by more than 3.
    0-3 I can just about handle, anything more than that is too much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bale doubtful to be fit for us on Wednesday night.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.