Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The advertisement campaign for the 14/15 season was the best though. When they just showed Arsenal being thrashed away from home by Chelsea, Liverpool and City :rofl:
    That was just amazing! :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The advertisement campaign for the 14/15 season was the best though. When they just showed Arsenal being thrashed away from home by Chelsea, Liverpool and City :rofl:
    The bitterness from the Arsenal fans was absolutely amazing. Was nice to relive the memories too

ReputationRep:
    At least we know we can score more than one goal in a match.

And we now know our defence is relegation standard.

ReputationRep:
    Sakho is a liability really. People suck him off everyday since he comes with a expensive price tag
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Am I dreaming?

We scored five times. I didn't even think we could score twice.

Milner scored. Lallana scored. Benteke broke Klopp's glasses in the best post-goal celebration of all-time.

What a time to be alive.

ReputationRep:
    5-4 bloody hell :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Did I just miss one of the all time great football matches since football was invented in '92?

I turned off at 2-1 to Norwich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    What a time to be alive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Cardiff away the last time we scored 5+ goals in PL, 2 seasons ago.

ReputationRep:
    I love Klopp's interviews, absolutely top notch. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Worrying.

It was entertaining from the neutral perspective, but as a Liverpool fan ...

Good job from Lallana though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    Worrying.

It was entertaining from the neutral perspective, but as a Liverpool fan ...
    #GlassHalfEmpty

ReputationRep:
    Went to sleep when the score was 1-1 as I thought this game was gonna be a dead rubber. Got a fair shock when I woke up and checked the full time score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* guess who missed the match because he was at a friend's birthday lunch?

ReputationRep:
    Leicester 3 - 0 Stoke

With the way things are going Leicester will surely have a CL spot.

ReputationRep:
    We win and United lose.
    The sad thing is that they aren't even the team to beat now. If we want a CL place we have to finish ahead of Spurs.

Unfortunately the loss against United pretty much destroyed those hopes.
    Spurs are scoring for fun and we're 8 points adrift with a defence like this. No chance.

We might finish about United but unless Spurs implode, I can't see us getting close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    We win and United lose.
    The sad thing is that they aren't even the team to beat now. If we want a CL place we have to finish ahead of Spurs.

Unfortunately the loss against United pretty much destroyed those hopes.
    Spurs are scoring for fun and we're 8 points adrift with a defence like this. No chance.

We might finish about United but unless Spurs implode, I can't see us getting close.
    Best case scenario is we would qualify for CL football. Next best would be for Leicester to finish 3rd and Spurs to finish 4th and get knocked out of the qualifying stage..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Alex Teixeira angling for a move, and has told Shakhtar he wants out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's very, very hard to analyse a game as absolutely mental today. It was end-to-end, phenomenal and just downright bizarre.

I didn't see a goalkeeper make a save, I didn't see a defender make a decent challenge. It was just absolutely bonkers - from start to finish. What a game.

If we're honest, our defence - once again - was dreadful. Set pieces threaten to hound me and give me nightmares until my dying day at this rate. In fact, I saw a funny tweet the other day - saying that Mignolet had a breakdown when signing his contract extension at the prospect of crossing the letter "t". Likewise, Sakho was really poor - namely for both Norwich equalisers - and we started so slow and lethargic. We were pedestrian, abject and we played with too big a gap between the midfield and Firmino.

We need to tackle our set piece frailty - otherwise it will be forever derailing us. That said, we played exciting football at times today - and I haven't enjoyed a match, bar the 4-1 and 3-1 at City and Chelsea respectively this season, since 2013/14. It was schoolyard stuff at times.

I felt Henderson was extremely good - in an understated way, at least - but Can failed to track Naismith for his goal, and Milner had an odd game and probably should have had two goals to add to that assist.

As for Firmino? And Lallana? Terrific. The pair of them. The latter's introduction changed the game, because Ibe wasn't offering a lot and faded after a bright start. The former, meanwhile, needs to be as close to the opposition's goal as much as possible.

I felt the game was there to be won, except when we went 3-1 down. Credit to our players for rallying a cry and getting back into the game, because it can't have been easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    0-0 written all over this.
    good shout

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.