Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    It's not the last year, we still have a legacy year
    How do legacy years work??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    anyone doing schizophrenia do you think it's likely that a 24 marker could come up on classification and diagnosis?
    It's really hard to say
    They repeated the same question June 12&13
    I'd say biological explanations is the least likely question to appear, but I'd recommend going over the rest
    Classification & diagnosis seems most likely if AQA are going to be fair

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how the whole psychology a level is weighted? (as and a2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyeldham)
    does anyone know how the whole psychology a level is weighted? (as and a2)
    Each exam is 25% of the overall grade

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing schizophrenia do you think it's likely that a 24 marker could come up on classification and diagnosis?
    It's quite likely. I hope so I like that one

ReputationRep:
    For anyone doing addiction- what studies are you using for the initiation for AO1 and AO2? How many do you reckon we need to know?

ReputationRep:
    HELP! Does anyone do anomalistic and have any good notes on it? my teacher thought it would be great to just leave us half way through the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    Guys doing media, what are you using for the explanations for the persuasiveness of TV? Might just use HVYM or ELM cos its less to remember
    I'm doing the same and the sequential model on which the Hovland-Yale model is based on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not been taught addiction or research methods due to my teacher leaving suddenley and a supply teacher who had no idea what to teach , and comtemplating swapping to media as i haven't learnt a second topic in anything anyway and it looks easier

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any supporting AO2 studies for the biochemical/neural/biological (not genetic) explanations of Depression? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1gg1n)
    Not been taught addiction or research methods due to my teacher leaving suddenley and a supply teacher who had no idea what to teach , and comtemplating swapping to media as i haven't learnt a second topic in anything anyway and it looks easier
    I dont know if you would get in trouble by your teachers for purposely answering a section your school didnt learn?

ReputationRep:
    yeah exactly! like so many people missed out gender schema.. but literally i just jotted something down, probably completely wrong! hoping i will scrape a C but really wanted to do well this year as i got a C last year and was disappointed

i'm not sure about the research mehtods. I've already looked at the like chi-squared stuff and am beginning to understand but the rest of it is alien to me, i also dont know how to design an exeriment or whatever they ask you to do!

do you wanna start like a chat on whatsapp or something? maybe that sounds really weird but idk maybe it'd be good to talk to each other about unit 4 and do the best we can? let me know
    sorry I literally just saw this! my phone is broken atm which is annoying (but hey, its one less distraction ahaha) but I could just pm you and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    Yeah its pretty bad :/ I haven't checked if Loopa have done predictions yet but judging by the accuracy of their ones for unit 3 this year I probs wont be relying on them for unit 4 much :' how are you revising for RM?
    Good shout I'm going to try and find past papers that aren't on the AQA website because I've done them all, or example questions from somewhere :') Make sure I'm familiar with all the definitions and processes and that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMolly)
    Good shout I'm going to try and find past papers that aren't on the AQA website because I've done them all, or example questions from somewhere :' Make sure I'm familiar with all the definitions and processes and that
    Good plan I need to work on all the things like chi-square etc, I literally have no clue atm but hey, I guess theres 5 days to revise

ReputationRep:
    For addiction, how is everyone revising? Like I find it really complicated the 'models of addiction' section or whatever you call it. Like are you learning one (or 2) studies for each separate 1)Initiation 2)Maintenance 3)Relapse of BOTH Smoking and Gambling for EACH of the 3 explanations 1) Learning/Behavioural 2) Biological 3) Cognitive. So all together that would be like 18 studies which seems too much because the question is only likely to be like 6 marks?? *Sigh*

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find PSY3? Im dreading addiction, i know next to nothing

ReputationRep:
    How many studies should we be aiming for the 10 mark questions on media to get high marks? I mean because they're short, would it be best to use like 2 detailed studies or maybe 3 and also refer to methodological issues? I mean it's quality over quantity right for marks.

Also, does anyone have notes or something for psychological explanations of schizophrenia. I really need help on this!!!

ReputationRep:
    This has already probably been covered but I can't seem to find it.

With the PSYA3 exam just gone, would an IDA count as practical applications and the methodological issues of: lacks replicability/reliability as the experiment was not standardised due to clinical interview and lacks generalisability as small sample size/children from a particular background. Just really need to put my mind to rest!

Also on the aggression question, with "outline one theory" I spoke about SLT briefly then spoke about Bandura's bobo doll experiment in relevance to learning aggression vicariously, is that still credit worthy?

Final question!! If anyone is doing aggression, is it right to say they can't ask a 24 marker, the max marks can be 12? Because my teacher has said that on the spec it states the questions are broken down and a 24 marker has never come up before!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMolly)
    Good shout I'm going to try and find past papers that aren't on the AQA website because I've done them all, or example questions from somewhere :' Make sure I'm familiar with all the definitions and processes and that
    Good plan I need to work on all the things like chi-square etc, I literally have no clue atm but hey, I guess theres 5 days to revise

ReputationRep:
    i've just written two essays for schizophrenia, aiming for 8/4 + 16 marks... but they're only like 500 words? that can't be enough... right? i think i'm lacking massively in evaluation but idk

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.