Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mental Health Support Society XVIII Watch

ReputationRep:
    Make it stop, it's becoming so frequent, I cant let anyone see me like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Forgot who mentioned secret santa, but whoever said about it I'm up for it? I can't for the life of me remember who it was :hide:

Halloween tomorrow. As my work place is rather famous for its dressing up, we're allowed to dress up for Halloween. I'm hoping that people don't think I'm not making a effort... I only had 24 hours notice. :ninja:
    Was fury face. But its just for interest atm. More infor will be out soon.

Different people will be dressed up more than others. I was the only 1 dressed up tonight at work. But there was a few of us were dressed up yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Just got off the phone and managed to get a 10:10 appointment for today with the doctor. I'm so nervous. My heart is racing already
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Just got off the phone and managed to get a 10:10 appointment for today with the doctor. I'm so nervous. My heart is racing already
    Well done for phoning up! I hate phones with a passion, so always admire those who have the guts to ring doctor's surgeries, etc. It takes me about a week minimum to psych myself up to phone my GP surgery :facepalm:

Good luck :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Happy Halloween everyone :woo: have fun with whatever you're doing for today :hugs:

OCD magical thought stuff
    Spoiler:
    Show
    October has always been a bad month for me. Over the years it's been the month that my grandpa got diagnosed with cancer and was put on the transplant list the following October, I've had my worst MH breakdowns in this month (October last year being the worst), me and my partner broke up during this month fot a few days a few years back, my evil dad was born in this month and a few other things.

Usually, this wouldn't bother people. It would be another month just like any other month but when you have OCD magical thinking, you do believe this month is cursed almost, despite your logical side telling you that is absurd. I feel almost like I hold my breath the entire October waiting for something to happen or something to go wrong and lo and behold, it did this October too. I feel like when I get to 1st November, I can breathe again and some weight comes off my shoulders even though I know that if I'm in a bad situation, the month changing won't help. It's almost like a compulsion to hold out for November. I even feel proud to make it through October every year which sounds silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Happy Halloween everyone :woo: have fun with whatever you're doing for today :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    October has always been a bad month for me. Over the years it's been the month that my grandpa got diagnosed with cancer and was put on the transplant list the following October, I've had my worst MH breakdowns in this month (October last year being the worst), me and my partner broke up during this month fot a few days a few years back, my evil dad was born in this month and a few other things.

Usually, this wouldn't bother people. It would be another month just like any other month but when you have OCD magical thinking, you do believe this month is cursed almost, despite your logical side telling you that is absurd. I feel almost like I hold my breath the entire October waiting for something to happen or something to go wrong and lo and behold, it did this October too. I feel like when I get to 1st November, I can breathe again and some weight comes off my shoulders even though I know that if I'm in a bad situation, the month changing won't help. It's almost like a compulsion to hold out for November. I even feel proud to make it through October every year which sounds silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:

Re: the last sentence of spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Show
    not silly at all. I have the same feeling everytime Easter Sunday comes around, coz the 6 weeks leading up to it are horrific almost every year without fail :cry:

Well done for getting through Oct - am proud of you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why everything has to be such a struggle. :sad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Well done for phoning up! I hate phones with a passion, so always admire those who have the guts to ring doctor's surgeries, etc. It takes me about a week minimum to psych myself up to phone my GP surgery

Good luck
    Thank you :hugs:

I just got back, and it went okay. He's doubled my citalopram, given me amitriptyline, and if I get any worse or in 6 weeks I'm not back to normal then I need a referral to CMHT
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

I just got back, and it went okay. He's doubled my citalopram, given me amitriptyline, and if I get any worse or in 6 weeks I'm not back to normal then I need a referral to CMHT

Well done on going! How do you feel about the outcome?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Re: the last sentence of spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Show
    not silly at all. I have the same feeling everytime Easter Sunday comes around, coz the 6 weeks leading up to it are horrific almost every year without fail :cry:

Well done for getting through Oct - am proud of you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks :hugs: that really means a lot to me. Hope you've been doing OK lately deary :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Well done on going! How do you feel about the outcome?
    Thanks :hugs: I think it's okay. I'm happy he's upped my medication and given me more, because the amitriptyline should hopefully be really helpful with pain management and sleeping, but 6 weeks is also quite a long time. He did make it clear that I'm more than welcome to go back at any time before that though if I'm not coping so I'm pretty happy I guess
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Glad GP was helpful. Don't hesitate to call them again within those 6 weeks if needed, though :hugs:

Thanks that really means a lot to me. Hope you've been doing OK lately deary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Not doing too great but trying to get back on the saddle or whatever the phrase is
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Glad GP was helpful. Don't hesitate to call them again within those 6 weeks if needed, though
    Yeah, I'm glad it went well. The receptionist was a bit iffy about me wanting a particular doctor, so I'm glad I didn't settle for just anyone :hugs:

------------------------------

I'm so so so happy with myself. I just managed to write 232 words without wanting to throw my laptop out of frustration. I know it's nothing, but that's more than I've managed to get done in 3 weeks. I just haven't been able to write at the moment at all and I actually just got a tiny bit of work done. I'm so glad I took today off college; I really needed it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm glad it went well. The receptionist was a bit iffy about me wanting a particular doctor, so I'm glad I didn't settle for just anyone :hugs:

------------------------------

I'm so so so happy with myself. I just managed to write 232 words without wanting to throw my laptop out of frustration. I know it's nothing, but that's more than I've managed to get done in 3 weeks. I just haven't been able to write at the moment at all and I actually just got a tiny bit of work done. I'm so glad I took today off college; I really needed it
    Go you on both fronts! :rave:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today has just been one massive struggle

ReputationRep:
    Happy Halloween everyone have fun with whatever you're doing for today

Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's an achievement getting through any month, so well done!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Today has just been one massive struggle
    :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Feeling anxious :cry2:

Halloween should be a fun time for all - adults dressing up and going out to the pub, kids trick or treating. What do we get in our close? Neds/chavs/drug users screaming and shouting(the slightest sound echos in a close so imagine how loud shouting is ffs), leaving their needles and **** (literally, I mean ****!) all over the ground and generally just being wee fannies. The sooner I make my millions, win the lottery, find out I have a rich dad or God forbid, the council finally take my doctor's advisements seriously and finally move me and Callan, the better. I don't expect to live like royalty for God sake but you do at least have to feel safe in your own home. Everyone should have that right. :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.