Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Really you think Upshaw may last all the way? Can i ask why not debating just wanting to know haha. Pats need to go get Janoris Jenkins but it looks like there are a few interested teams now in him, i hope not Bill is the man to get Jenkins in line.
    Just been looking at a few mock drafts which have him slipping to 44 or 47. There are still good D linemen in the draft; Curry, Worthy, Still. Also lots of teams with early 2 round picks will be taking OL and WR. There are probably 6 or 7 teams that would take one of those positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    Just been looking at a few mock drafts which have him slipping to 44 or 47. There are still good D linemen in the draft; Curry, Worthy, Still. Also lots of teams with early 2 round picks will be taking OL and WR. There are probably 6 or 7 teams that would take one of those positions.
    I really hope Jenkins falls to the Pats but i dont think he will. Although i wouldnt mind seeing what Josh Robinson is like the guy is an athletic specimen or Brandon Boykins.

ReputationRep:
    After seeing what happens, I reckon the Pats may try to trade up from 62 to get Upshaw, then pick Janoris Jenkins with 48. That would be an unbelievable 4 players for the Pats. Upshaw may actually last to 47 at the Jets so we may not need to trade up that much.

I don't think we can miss out on the potential to get Upshaw. He could be extremely effective for us and would be a steal in the 2nd round.

Think a WR is next for them then? Rueben Randle and Stephen Hill are still left I think.
    I've been saying a WR's the next pick for 2 years :P I'm happy with either of them or OT/OG at 37, I'd like another trade up into the 2nd so we seal both positions with high-quality talent.

On the one hand I want to keep McCoy because he's a great guy, and still has the chance to compete or at least be our best backup, and he wants to be here. But I think he'd be better traded somewhere else with a real chance, although I don't know who'd give him it, and we're unlikely to get any real value from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    I've been saying a WR's the next pick for 2 years :P I'm happy with either of them or OT/OG at 37, I'd like another trade up into the 2nd so we seal both positions with high-quality talent.

On the one hand I want to keep McCoy because he's a great guy, and still has the chance to compete or at least be our best backup, and he wants to be here. But I think he'd be better traded somewhere else with a real chance, although I don't know who'd give him it, and we're unlikely to get any real value from him.
    Apparently the Packers are trying to get McCoy as their backup.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Jenkins falls to the Pats but i dont think he will. Although i wouldnt mind seeing what Josh Robinson is like the guy is an athletic specimen or Brandon Boykins.
    Your dream of Jenkins is now over :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting me a Jenkins jersey haha
    Fisher and Williams will straighten him out for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Tavon Wilson for the Patriots i am thinking what the actual hell has bill gone and done this guy was not predicted to go till 6-7th round, the draft started off as A for me now its a D...

I want to say in Bill we trust but im just lost here :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Happy with Martin to play RT, makes a lot of sense.

ReputationRep:
    Man, do I support the wrong team? Jags went with a punter in round 3, albeit a very good punter. Surely he could've been taken in a later round. Seems like a waste of a pick. After a great day yesterday for the Jags it's back to business as usual. And a good job too. I was getting a little worried that things might actually be all right.

ReputationRep:
    Tavon Wilson for the Patriots i am thinking what the actual hell has bill gone and done this guy was not predicted to go till 6-7th round, the draft started off as A for me now its a D...

I want to say in Bill we trust but im just lost here :confused:
    Very odd picks, Curry was still on the board at 48.

We will see next season how he plays. I trust Belichick over draft experts.

ReputationRep:
    Very odd picks, Curry was still on the board at 48.

We will see next season how he plays. I trust Belichick over draft experts.
    Definitely a bust for this round, there must be a reason why he was projected 6-7th and no one else wanted him. I just dont feel good about this pick

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a bust for this round, there must be a reason why he was projected 6-7th and no one else wanted him. I just dont feel good about this pick
    Other teams must have wanted him if we picked him in the middle of the second round. Otherwise we would have just used the 5th rounder we got from the Packers. Belichick wouldn't have been so stupid to use a 2nd round pick on someone he could have picked later, he must have seen something and thought that other teams may pick him.

Remember Mankins was a reach and he has become an All-Pro guard, Vollmer as well, and McCourty was a a bit of a reach where we took him.

It is probably the versatility that he liked (plays CB or FS). There are a lot of NFL stars who were called average at best in college, none more famous than one of Belichick's other picks

Anyway, I agree he is a surprise pick but I wouldn't knock it until we have seen what he can do. TJ Ward was called a reach for the Bengals but he has looked pretty solid.

edit: excited for our front seven, get Carter back and go 3-4:

Carter and Jones at end with Wilfork in the middle. Then Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Bequette.

Secondary of Arrington and Dowling at CB. Chung and McCourty safeties. Honestly our D is looking good.

ReputationRep:
    Very happy with Upshaw and Osemele in the 2nd round. The Wizard of Oz does it again.
    Wouldn't mind Ben Jones out of Georgia tonight for Matt Birk to teach.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty bored of Madden 12 on the PS3 - would really like to do an Online Franchise mode with some people from the UK lasting up until the new season. Would be pretty fun. Anyone else interested? We'll work out some house rules to make it as "realistic" as possible. Would be great to start this as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Kellen Moore not an NFL prospect? Unbelievable college career, 52-3. If it is just his size, what about Drew Brees? He was selected in the 2nd round, I thought Kellen Moore was supposed to be an amazing college player so purely on seeing how Brees has succeeded it is worth taking a risk on Moore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobius323)
    I'm pretty bored of Madden 12 on the PS3 - would really like to do an Online Franchise mode with some people from the UK lasting up until the new season. Would be pretty fun. Anyone else interested? We'll work out some house rules to make it as "realistic" as possible. Would be great to start this as soon as possible.
    I'd be up for it if there is enough people. Although I am terrible at Madden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)
    I'd be up for it if there is enough people. Although I am terrible at Madden
    Haha, I can't imagine I'm any better, mate. Still selecting plays on the playbook by Play Type as opposed to Formation!

Okay, I've made the League and I've also made a social group, which we can use for discussions and applications to join the League. Once that's been accepted, I'll post the link here. I've set it up so we can have 32 human members in the League, difficulty as All-Pro, 8 minute quarters with 20 seconds accelerated clock. Everything else is standard, including no trades with the CPU.

I'm open to House Rules suggestions, though I think we should make them as credible as possible. We don't want people doing squib kicks and onside kicks all the time. Same with fourth down and two-point conversions. All in all, we want to make this fun so we don't want people taking the piss, so using time-outs and running out of play when you're 28 points ahead inside the two minute warning will be frowned upon. But we'll agree on that sort of thing when the group is set up.

Anyway, let's get to picking teams! I'm going for the Indianapolis Colts.

ReputationRep:
    Man I hate wide receivers. Whenever they block it's usually a blindside, so they knock people down quite a bit, and when they do they're always jumping around and think they did something amazing even when it doesn't have any effect on the play. I'd rather get blocked by a lineman. They're better at it and stronger, but at least they do it all the time so they don't think it's like the football equivalent of climbing Mount Everest. And they don't stop blocking you after the first time you engage them heads up. It's like the receivers think they're more than a peripheral part of the game in this country. Delusional man. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobius323)
    Haha, I can't imagine I'm any better, mate. Still selecting plays on the playbook by Play Type as opposed to Formation!

Okay, I've made the League and I've also made a social group, which we can use for discussions and applications to join the League. Once that's been accepted, I'll post the link here. I've set it up so we can have 32 human members in the League, difficulty as All-Pro, 8 minute quarters with 20 seconds accelerated clock. Everything else is standard, including no trades with the CPU.

I'm open to House Rules suggestions, though I think we should make them as credible as possible. We don't want people doing squib kicks and onside kicks all the time. Same with fourth down and two-point conversions. All in all, we want to make this fun so we don't want people taking the piss, so using time-outs and running out of play when you're 28 points ahead inside the two minute warning will be frowned upon. But we'll agree on that sort of thing when the group is set up.

Anyway, let's get to picking teams! I'm going for the Indianapolis Colts.
    'Ask Madden' myself
    I'll join once I've practiced a bit, atm I can't read the defense, and I pretty much run the same plays which I know will beat the cpu repeatedly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)
    'Ask Madden' myself
    I'll join once I've practiced a bit, atm I can't read the defense, and I pretty much run the same plays which I know will beat the cpu repeatedly
    Haha, I'm way past Ask Madden - I just tend to avoid Play Action because it's so terrible on Madden 12. I hear they're improving it for Madden 13, though, which is great. I'm the same against the computer with my money plays though, but that's only because I often switch teams. I'm yet to do a Franchise Mode which I've done for more than two seasons because I just get bored really quickly. If anyone can suggest a decent setup for Franchise Mode which doesn't get boring easily, let me know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.