Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ARGGGHH I hate finals. SO much
    OSCEs next week and then a week of dread before results. Whyyyy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    ARGGGHH I hate finals. SO much
    OSCEs next week and then a week of dread before results. Whyyyy?
    Where have you been? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_)
    Loads chose it this year even though its no longer a holiday, but I thought the S&P fiasco may dissuade people...
    Oh possibly but that wasn't really a haem problem more a, 'our year don't remember how to do a practical properly we did once last year without any instruction'

(Original post by Ali_)
    Im afraid not, but I know that as of last month there were still places left on cardio, endo, haem, global health, immunology, repro, resp and surgery, and that gastro, management and neuro were oversubscribed by internal students.
    This makes me happy as I don't have interest in either neuro or management so I have pretty much the pick of whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Where have you been? :O
    I've been asking myself that very question! Nyah, just placements and...stuff. I'm really not sure!

I can't believe how quickly the 5 years have gone by - I joined TSR when I was writing my personal statement!

Is everyone else exam free already?

ReputationRep:
    I am exam free.....and I think I just passed all my assessments of my final year....
    Many people are now bandying about the D word today but it just doesn't seem real/possible/plausible/sensible....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortysixandtwo)
    Good tip, though I don't have access to A&E right now. One for the future.
    To be honest, I wouldn't bother until you're doing clinical stuff. It's not a tough skill to learn (albeit tough to 'master').

ReputationRep:
    I'm so very bored...

I think I may research my plan to pack in medicine and become a cake maker in Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    I am exam free.....and I think I just passed all my assessments of my final year....
    Many people are now bandying about the D word today but it just doesn't seem real/possible/plausible/sensible....!
    Well done Is there a Graduation Review this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhKickWipk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    Is it bad it took me a while to work out what you meant by that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Ah I was the first volunteer.. I'm pretty chillax though I kind of just stuck both my arms out and was like "knock yourself out guys"

I found it fun too
    I was worried he was going to go in the vein and then out again! Still, all was okay and nice to experience, I imagine patients worry similar things when they're having blood taken from a junior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I was worried he was going to go in the vein and then out again! Still, all was okay and nice to experience, I imagine patients worry similar things when they're having blood taken from a junior.
    Only if you're crap

I took shed loads in last year and as such managed to be able to get it from fat women with reasonable ease.

Some people did like 1 or none! I was like :O

But that said I do like the practical stuff (more than the actual theory tbh) :O

Probably gonna be a good surgeon therefore ;D

ReputationRep:
    By 1pm, my finals will be over!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    By 1pm, my finals will be over!
    Good luck

I just realised my SSS is tomorrow and I haven't practised it at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Good luck

I just realised my SSS is tomorrow and I haven't practised it at all
    Thanks, I'm really going to need it!

I only ever practised my SSS by running through it a couple of times the morning I had to do it!

ReputationRep:
    testcles, got delayed on the tube, then walked into the wrong seminar - something about wierd cell signalling, they had the room all darkened out to show their nice flourescent stuff, so I walked in, blinded everyone and walked out. Fun. The strangest thing happened on the tube though - bloke next to me just started sagging, as in upper body leaning forward, bit like the ? in ank spond, but just kept leaning forward. I stopped him falling, held the bloke up until we got to the next station, asked if he was ok with no response. looked up into his eyes and they were wide wide open. We had to drag him out - to the point his shins were scraping the floor, then just as we were about to lie him down he kind of just perked up and walked off. ?wtf? abscence seizure, narcolepsy? faking? just strange?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)

Yep, that happened to me - it's like pain, tunnelling, then more pain, followed by a respectably purple bruise.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    testcles, got delayed on the tube, then walked into the wrong seminar - something about wierd cell signalling, they had the room all darkened out to show their nice flourescent stuff, so I walked in, blinded everyone and walked out. Fun. The strangest thing happened on the tube though - bloke next to me just started sagging, as in upper body leaning forward, bit like the ? in ank spond, but just kept leaning forward. I stopped him falling, held the bloke up until we got to the next station, asked if he was ok with no response. looked up into his eyes and they were wide wide open. We had to drag him out - to the point his shins were scraping the floor, then just as we were about to lie him down he kind of just perked up and walked off. ?wtf? abscence seizure, narcolepsy? faking? just strange?
    Sort of sounds like the patient I was taking a history from. He went into an absence seizure, but the way he was staring at me I was absolutely terrified that he was just going to leap up and hit me Didn't help that I'd already read his notes, where it said that he was suffering from agression due to alcohol withdrawal whilst in hospital :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Good on you sir for doing something. I like to do so too - but a lot of people don't!

ReputationRep:
    OCSE in 2 1/2 hours.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can we have our own Medical Word Association thread?

I'm fed up of applicants wikipedia-ing something they've never heard of and choosing the first related medical word they see/have heard of. It makes it boring :huff::p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.