Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Probably actors and footballers. :rolleyes:
    Ah, well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most actors aren't actually stupid (shock/horror).

Besides, I never said dumb people can't be wealthy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilgamesh)
    Well, I'm certainly an exception to that. Although that remains to be seen until Thursday...
    Indeed, hence why I was arguing that wealth is unimportant with regards to education and academic success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    I'm glad you didn't take English as an A-Level subject.
    I'm glad I didn't either. Got a C at GCSE, but I did take history so woops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I'm glad I didn't either. Got a C at GCSE, but I did take history so woops
    Hahahah! How is your internship? I suppose it's distracting you nicely from all the pre-results furore?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah! How is your internship? I suppose it's distracting you nicely from all the pre-results furore?
    It's going great, though I nearly fell asleep at a meeting today . Learning how to program using matlab but a lot of the time I end up having free time and that means, TSR :lol:. I'm constantly reminded about results, I worked so damn hard (probably too hard) that its 1 of the only things on my mind

ReputationRep:
    Just looked on my college website and it says after picking up my results i have to go to the sports hall and confirm my destination?

What the hell is this bull**** about? I was hoping to just grab them and get the **** out of there as quickly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I better get my Telegraph clearing app downloaded because that's where I am headed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Oh yes, I also considered UEA, I'd hate to live in Sheffield for 3 years though, judging from what my dad said, it's virtually the countryside lol but I guess it must be good in terms of the syllabus and stuff . I know how you feel, I'm worried I won't be taken seriously, but the weird thing is that I'm not worried about results day yet, I'm too relaxed! Ugh, my sixth form are favouring the oxbridge wannabes :rolleyes: its a bit annoying now.
    Yeah, Sheffield is the greenest campus in the UK, but when I went to the open day I didn't see any greenery and the accommodation was beautiful. I live in Newcastle though so I'll he to travel really far to my current favourites! ahh!
    Fortunately there are no oxford or Cambridge wannabes at my school, because my year group has less than 50 people in it .

ReputationRep:
    It's going great, though I nearly fell asleep at a meeting today . Learning how to program using matlab but a lot of the time I end up having free time and that means, TSR :lol:. I'm constantly reminded about results, I worked so damn hard (probably too hard) that its 1 of the only things on my mind
    Sounds good, glad you're having fun. In the second week of mine I was almost falling asleep in the morning too... and having breakfast there because I couldn't get up that early... :') I'm sure results will go the way you want them to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Just looked on my college website and it says after picking up my results i have to go to the sports hall and confirm my destination?

What the hell is this bull**** about? I was hoping to just grab them and get the **** out of there as quickly as possible.
    :lol: they're not letting you get away that easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    6-8is the time it will update, with e-mails being sent at 8.10.

Wednesday.
    God I feel sick at the thought! Now I need to plan what time to put my alarm on. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can feel myself falling ill. I at least wanted to feel well for Results Day.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, glad you're having fun. In the second week of mine I was almost falling asleep in the morning too... and having breakfast there because I couldn't get up that early... :') I'm sure results will go the way you want them to!
    Haha cheers. Do you ever feel that when you go to work you really don't have much work at all? This is mainly because a lot of my work is very technical and crucial so they wouldn't let an internee deal with :P

Hopefully, Economics and History though feel so random.

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ReputationRep:
    OMG 3 days left! Good luck guys! Hope all goes well

ReputationRep:
    Need Advice.
    My offer is 260 however the course which is higher (With a work placement) is 280. If I got 270 would I have to risk clearing to go to this course?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Every exam has a slight change in terms of grade boundaries as the difficulty tends to change slightly. But by how much depends on the performance of every student. But good luck anyway.

Yeah true well it's AQA, hopefully it'll go down by 2 marks and then I can get my B aw thank you, you too with your results!

ReputationRep:
    Haha cheers. Do you ever feel that when you go to work you really don't have much work at all? This is mainly because a lot of my work is very technical and crucial so they wouldn't let an internee deal with :P

Hopefully, Economics and History though feel so random.
    Well I was the opposite, they actually gave me real work to do! I had to sign a whole confidentiality thing of course.. but what are they getting you to do?

Yeah, I was the same last year. I was convinced History was pretty average, I ended up getting a solid A, so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Terrific! We'll be deluged with money
    See! We don't need good results! We just need wit and quick thinking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily27x)
    For sure! Forget uni, hello bright lights & big cities! LOL!
    Haha agreed! See, I knew this was a good idea!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.