Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Just received a conditional offer for primary soooo happy ! best thing ever!!
    Well done! It's a great feeling isn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Edinburgh!!!!!! Christmas is going to be SO good now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    I just received a conditional offer from IoE so happy!!!!!!!!! Ive just gotta pass the numeracy skills test now, dreading it. How long do they give you to pass the test? I gotta do some serious revision over the holiday! Ahhhh yaaaaay
    Well done! The numeracy test isn't as hard as the practice ones (well in my opinion anyway) so I'm sure you'll be fine. Just practise your percentages/fractions/decimals as that's mostly what comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Well done! It's a great feeling isn't it?!
    Best feeling ever! Sooo happy! literally screamed when i saw it! Buzzing! Best early christmas present EVER!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! The numeracy test isn't as hard as the practice ones (well in my opinion anyway) so I'm sure you'll be fine. Just practise your percentages/fractions/decimals as that's mostly what comes up!
    Thank u darling! Its more my phobia against it than my ability! Lol but ive got real motivation to do it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Best feeling ever! Sooo happy! literally screamed when i saw it! Buzzing! Best early christmas present EVER!!!
    Me too! I think I was jumping up and down in my living room for a good five minutes...before I cracked open the wine and started really celebrating!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I think I was jumping up and down in my living room for a good five minutes...before I cracked open the wine and started really celebrating!
    Now that does sound nice haha! I was making great progress on my dissertation this morning, until a certain update on track.. safe to say the dissertation is saved and closed down for today! haha! AHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Happy for you all and extremely jealous :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey My application was sent this Wednesday due to late references and am waiting for a letter from UCAS with track login details. Are the details just the same as apply with the personal id from apply as well? How long does it take from when your application is sent to when you get your track letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew240)
    Where for? How you think it went?

Yeah, will let you all know when I get a response....fingers crossed haha
    At Nottingham University. I've just received a conditional offer for History PGCE! (Via email and track) Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Yay 3 interview offers!

Feeling very excited, thought I'd be a bag of nerves but maybe that will come closer to the interview dates which are in 3 days of each other!

Congratulations to everyone else being offered places/ interviews!

ReputationRep:
    How do apply to do the skills test? Does it cost anything?

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted an offer from London Met... anyone else going there?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to write a separate 20 lines for school and work experience. I thought that was included in the personal statement?

So confused :'(

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Oxford Brooke's for primary? At my interview on Monday they said they should have responses on track by Christmas but seeing as it's nearly 5 I've given up hope of hearing until January!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feartheunknown)
    Anyone else thinking of applying for a PGCE commencing in 2014?
    I'm in the process of gaining experience for my application and thought it would be useful to chat to to others in the same boat!
    I have just returned from my PGCE RE with Philosophy. My problem is how to get classroom observation. Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm26)
    How do apply to do the skills test? Does it cost anything?
    You have to register here:
    https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtake.../TDAENTRYTESTS

The first attempt at both tests is free of charge. If you fail those/miss your appointment then you need to pay for the next attempt. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    Why do you have to write a separate 20 lines for school and work experience. I thought that was included in the personal statement?

So confused :'(
    I think in the personal statement you talk about relevant work/school experience and what you learnt from it. The separate 20 lines is to literally list your experience like this:

May 2012 - June 2013 - Volunteered at XXX School. School address...

3rd March 2012 - 7th March 2012 - One week at XXX School, observing.

That's the way I did mine anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from my final uni - so I have three offers now!

I'm pretty sure which one I want to go with but going to really make sure over the weekend and will accept on Monday

ReputationRep:
    I think in the personal statement you talk about relevant work/school experience and what you learnt from it. The separate 20 lines is to literally list your experience like this:

May 2012 - June 2013 - Volunteered at XXX School. School address...

3rd March 2012 - 7th March 2012 - One week at XXX School, observing.

That's the way I did mine anyway!
    So its like a CV then? Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

Good luck with your application :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.