Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Craig Mackail Smith on trial with Luton Town. Great signing for the Hatters if it comes off.

Brentford have just signed Philipp Hofmann and Lasse Vibe, a couple of strikers. Hofmann has a decent scoring record for a club who don't typically get many goals but his international U-21 record for Germany seems excellent. Vibe was the top scorer in the Allsvenskan last season and had 13 goals there so far this season before transferring. I think that's probably us done for the season with 8 signings for £5 million, all researched under the new mathematically modelling system. It should be a good indication of how well the system works! I'm confident we've spent much better than the clubs in the league who jam £5m on a single player well known to the English leagues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Brentford
    Yeah step dad supports them (lol his rage in the play-offs) so I follow their progress a bit. I do ante-post bets for the season and keep erming over whether top 6 finish is a good chance, theoretically looks like the team is only better than it was last season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Burnley agree £2.5m deal for Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tony_LeaS)
    Interesting find to see Tranmeres season tickets for Conference football, cheapest at £414 (four hundred and fourteen) pounds for an Adult.

Now to consider you could see Derby County all season for just five quid more, that's beyond disgraceful.
    My friend is a Watford fan and his season ticket cost less than that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Northampton Town launch a pink away kit with 10% of the proceeds going to a breast cancer charity.

ReputationRep:
    Only a week and a day until Barnet play in the Football League again!

ReputationRep:
    Any Bees fans out there? Leeds apparently signing Stuart Dallas, any good? Played most games for you last season and scored a cracker against Fulham, but that's all I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    That Bradford home kit is dreadful.
    Why ? Fancy a game of checkers ? Tbh the colours are actually decent pretty vibrant. I prefer stripes tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Any Bees fans out there? Leeds apparently signing Stuart Dallas, any good? Played most games for you last season and scored a cracker against Fulham, but that's all I know.
    Yeah, he's excellent and will do a good job for you. From our point of view, we've signed plenty of players who can play in his position and we're going to get more than the market value for him. He's reached his peak, which is very good, but it makes sense for us to sell and reinvest having made a massive profit on him. I'll miss him. But he's just a footballer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Paddy Madden to sign a new deal at Scunthorpe amid interest from Barnsley.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's excellent and will do a good job for you. From our point of view, we've signed plenty of players who can play in his position and we're going to get more than the market value for him. He's reached his peak, which is very good, but it makes sense for us to sell and reinvest having made a massive profit on him. I'll miss him. But he's just a footballer.
    What does he bring? Pace? Assists? Goals?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Five days and counting.

(Original post by The Wavefunction)
    What does he bring? Pace? Assists? Goals?
    A good football brain, teamwork, passing, build up play, pace and the occasional goal. He did a lot of work for us and I hope he fits into whatever Rosler decides to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    A good football brain, teamwork, passing, build up play, pace and the occasional goal. He did a lot of work for us and I hope he fits into whatever Rosler decides to do with you.
    Sounds like a very good signing then! Thanks, best of luck in the season.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be less optimistic about Derby away on Saturday. Not seen anything this preseason to fire me with confidence. 14th-20th we will finish again this year.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you support? Derby play away not home?

ReputationRep:
    Bolton. I must have been misinformed. Thought it was away.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty optimistic (as per) about the upcoming season, especially as Rowett is in charge from the start looking forward to starting with a win against Reading...it'll be nice to be back home.

ReputationRep:
    2 days, 23 hours and 31 minutes to first kick off. Never felt so optimistic about a season!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.