Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Hopefully I'll pass my maths in November and get results before ucas deadline. I don't wanna put the embarrassing exam results that I failed horribly in lol so stressful walahi.
    Just keep relaxed. You'll do fine, insha'Allah. My GCSEs are also below par and I still got into uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Just keep relaxed. You'll do fine, insha'Allah. My GCSEs are also below par and I still got into uni.
    Are you applying this year? What course?

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying this year? What course?
    No, I'm first year, BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management. Applied last year and got all offers.

GCSEs: AAABBBBBC

A levels: A*A*A

so aslong as you have decent A level grades, you needn't worry too much. Just get the grade requirements. i.e I needed A in Maths and B in english, the rest doesn't even matter.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll pass my maths in November and get results before ucas deadline. I don't wanna put the embarrassing exam results that I failed horribly in lol so stressful walahi.
    I retook maths in november to get a B (wanted higher than a C for ucl) and te results came back like a week before the deadline. I paid £40 and i got a C again and was 3/4 marks away from a B lmao. Ah well , I was always better at english than maths anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I don't know any.
    Ok and Eid Mubarak:hi: hope you have a nice time

ReputationRep:
    Hey, karim.

In AQA Econ, can you use a calculator for the exam?
    Or is it mental.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Hey, karim.

In AQA Econ, can you use a calculator for the exam?
    Or is it mental.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can bring a calculator.

ReputationRep:
    You can bring a calculator.
    Made friends at uni or been stuck in your room since day1?

ReputationRep:
    A guy at my uni who studied economics got killed by a car right in front of the uni last sunday
    Be careful when crossing the road peeps. Hit and runs are so common nowadays. I should know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Made friends at uni or been stuck in your room since day1?
    i made some but i fallen out with em, dont like some of their sueriority comlexes. thinkin they dictator

ReputationRep:
    i made some but i fallen out with em, dont like some of their sueriority comlexes. thinkin they dictator
    Guess your personalities were too alike :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Guess your personalities were too alike :teehee:
    it was a girl who led the whatsapp group. i dared her to kick me out, she did and then said jk pls come back. never talkin them again. dpmo. when you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action.

ReputationRep:
    it was a girl who led the whatsapp group. i dared her to kick me out, she did and then said jk pls come back. never talkin them again. dpmo. when you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action.
    She was clearly joking
    Lighten up will ya

ReputationRep:
    A guy at my uni who studied economics got killed by a car right in front of the uni last sunday
    Be careful when crossing the road peeps. Hit and runs are so common nowadays. I should know..
    Omds subhaanA most of the time death takes you when you least expect it

ReputationRep:
    Omds subhaanA most of the time death takes you when you least expect it
    I know so sad. He said bye to his family in coventry on fri/sat and came back to london and sunday he was killed

Makes you realise how short life is

ReputationRep:
    I retook maths in november to get a B (wanted higher than a C for ucl) and te results came back like a week before the deadline. I paid £40 and i got a C again and was 3/4 marks away from a B lmao. Ah well , I was always better at english than maths anyway
    I like English allot better too lol. If having more btecs than gcse is a big deal I'll retake like three gcses in uni so I have five solid gcses not btecs-_- inshallahh

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm first year, BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management. Applied last year and got all offers.

GCSEs: AAABBBBBC

A levels: A*A*A

so aslong as you have decent A level grades, you needn't worry too much. Just get the grade requirements. i.e I needed A in Maths and B in english, the rest doesn't even matter.
    Mashallahh your very good at maths clearly. I wish I did more gcses uff -_- btecs at gcse level aren't good at all and such a disadvantage-_-. I just need to focus on maths that's it tbh

ReputationRep:
    She was clearly joking
    Lighten up will ya
    I weren't. She failed to analyse the situation. When people want to act authorative, I'd rather not be around them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I know so sad. He said bye to his family in coventry on fri/sat and came back to london and sunday he was killed

Makes you realise how short life is
    Did you know him?

I weren't. She failed to analyse the situation. When people want to act authorative, I'd rather not be around them anyway.
    You dared her too. If I dare someone to slap me I should realise there is a strong possibility that I'm going to get slapped.

ReputationRep:
    You dared her too. If I dare someone to slap me I should realise there is a strong possibility that I'm going to get slapped.
    Not my problem anymore

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.