Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Probably the one thing about Sanogo that impresses really.

His first touch, composure, link up etc though is much much worse than Bendtner/Adebayor at the same age just for a reference point. Definitely doesnt look like a goalscorer either.

If we wanted to to get a project like that, then we should have signed Origi.
    In fairness, I don't think the Palace game gives a good reference point. He looked good counter attacking vs Benfica, but when Palace put 10 men behind the ball he couldn't really do much. Think he needs a run of games, but equally think Campbell should be ahead of him.

Yeah his first touch etc. is terrible, but I swear he came out of some U21 tournament in Turkey or something being revered for a great first touch and link up play?

And I do think he would have got his first goal against Bayern if Neuer didn't make a Neuer save:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Vargas rumours picking up. Hopefully that means Sanogo never has to play in anything but the league cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    He is not a prolific goalscorer yes, but he is a better version of Giroud imo. Certainly a tougher character that does not does not do that daft look after he messes up a chance (ala Giroud).
    The tongue one?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    In fairness, I don't think the Palace game gives a good reference point. He looked good counter attacking vs Benfica, but when Palace put 10 men behind the ball he couldn't really do much. Think he needs a run of games, but equally think Campbell should be ahead of him.

Yeah his first touch etc. is terrible, but I swear he came out of some U21 tournament in Turkey or something being revered for a great first touch and link up play?

And I do think he would have got his first goal against Bayern if Neuer didn't make a Neuer save:unimpressed:
    Didn't he score a goal which was unfairly given offside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    The tongue one?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, that one. It feels like he is taunting us with how **** he is at times.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't he score a goal which was unfairly given offside?
    i dont beleive so.

i was referring to his shot at 0:58

panic in the box (recurring theme with him?) and a shot out of nowhere, decent power too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that one. It feels like he is taunting us with how **** he is at times.
    It's like he was learning English and thought ':P' was a legitimate emotion to show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    i dont beleive so.

i was referring to his shot at 0:58

panic in the box (recurring theme with him?) and a shot out of nowhere, decent power too.
    I am pretty sure he scored a goal which was given offside against someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Vargas rumours picking up. Hopefully that means Sanogo never has to play in anything but the league cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is he any good?

Never seen him play, and stat/history wise, he does not look great, and at 24 he is not exactly very young..

though if he brings the best out of sanchez/they work well together? is that what wenger is thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    is he any good?
    Can't be worse than Sanogo and it's still just rumours. Might not happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fernando is the type of player we require

ReputationRep:
    Just asked Hayles out for a Nandos on Man Utd thread. Don't worry guys, I won't be switching allegiances.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure he scored a goal which was given offside against someone
    Probably thinking of Abou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Probably thinking of Abou.
    Definitely not Abou, I remember being pissed off because it was Sanogo's first official goal and it was called offside.

Found it: Everton 3-0 Arsenal, Sanogo scored in the 93rd minute.

ReputationRep:
    Just asked Hayles out for a Nandos on Man Utd thread. Don't worry guys, I won't be switching allegiances.

ReputationRep:
    is he any good?

Never seen him play, and stat/history wise, he does not look great, and at 24 he is not exactly very young..

though if he brings the best out of sanchez/they work well together? is that what wenger is thinking?
    I was initially excited because I thought he would link well with Sanchez, as I remember them tearing it up at the world cup. However, when you consider his league performance (0 goals in 19 games for Napoli) I don't really want him now.

I think we are getting the best of both worlds by getting him on loan, and look forward to the prospect, even if he does turn out terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
    What was Wenger thinking bringing on Walcott that early?
    The thing about Arsenal is that they always trying to walk it into the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DErasmus)
    Sure did
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408322657.749979.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  8.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DErasmus)
    What was Wenger thinking bringing on Walcott that early?
    The thing about Arsenal is that they always trying to walk it into the net.
    What are you talking about? Arsenal didn't play last night and Walcott is out injured.

I think your computer might be broken, have you tried turning off and on again?

ReputationRep:
    is he any good?

When he was at Valencia he scored 5 goals in 25 appearance, and at Napoli he scored 3 in 28. He hasn't exactly set these league alight. It's kind of weird because he looked great the World Cup and has a decent record for Chile 15 in 32 which isn't bad.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.