Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yes, but all that assumes Everton perform like they have the last few seasons. They have been well under par this season. Not as many clean sheets, Mirallas now first choice for FKs/corners, Lukaku under performing who is their main target man for wingers/wingbacks. Both his defensive and attacking potential has taken a massive dent since November.
    I'll be back in a few weeks

I hope Toure over Silva is going well for people. And Ramsey over Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)

What do you mean? Are you back to playing now? Or were you talking about Baines being back lol.

Silva is a crock though, he's on fire when he does get to play.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Is there anyone who still owns Ramsey?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baines attacking /central midfield. Baines always comes good, but in midfield he's FPL gold. Defenders offer the best value in the game, and Baines is always top 3 overall for defenders.

He'll always have at least one midfielder sitting behind him, generally two as Barry seems to somehow be undroppable with Martinez. I'd definitely keep him if I owned him - and another game in midfield vs. Hull and I'd rush to buy him (especially with all the money floating about until Aguero returns).
    I'm not WCing until end of the month, so there are at least 3 GWs for him to prove himself. Hope he does, but if he doesn't by then he's gone.

ReputationRep:
    Sig making me regret taking him out. Will be dropping further with the boyd subs to happen yet too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Sig making me regret taking him out. Will be dropping further with the boyd subs to happen yet too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sigurdsson is such a good player he is guaranteed to do well over a season. It's going to take something big to remove him from my side again. Consistently quality for the Swans this season.

ReputationRep:
    35 points

Hutton & Sigs 8 points each 1st & 2nd on the bench

Played Sigs every single gameweek until this week... Serves me right I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I'm not WCing until end of the month, so there are at least 3 GWs for him to prove himself. Hope he does, but if he doesn't by then he's gone.
    That's good. I think he'll do well in those three games.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    What do you mean? Are you back to playing now? Or were you talking about Baines being back lol.

Silva is a crock though, he's on fire when he does get to play.
    Baines of course. When Villa are in the Championship next season I'll be back with FPL, just to keep me in touch with proper football.

Silva is alright - generally alright with injuries.The only issue is he's so good that he needs protecting, and this is when Toure comes to life and decides to run once a game when everybody else is tired.

Just checked and my GW1 team is on about 1000 points without touching it :lol:. Guessing that's half decent?

ReputationRep:
    Sigurdsson is such a good player he is guaranteed to do well over a season. It's going to take something big to remove him from my side again. Consistently quality for the Swans this season.
    Yeah knee jerkd eriksen in few weeks ago ffs :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ditched Siggy for Silva 2 GW ago. Overall it's come out alright but maybe should have lost Sterling instead. Nice to have a differential I suppose and I can't have everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Yeah knee jerkd eriksen in few weeks ago ffs :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Eriksen is great value too really. I got him at 7.8 and he often gets big hauls. It's difficult to maintain a midfield as Hazard and Sanchez are must haves. And Downing is excellent value too, but it's difficult to use a quality midfield 5 as you can't play a front 3 then, meaning you bench often someone who is worth around 5.0. Until I wildcard, I've inputted a midfield 5 of the players I've said (putting Downing in now with some nice fixtures where he usually delivers as he is a flat track bully in terms of point getting), plus with Austin and Kane with Costa. Meaning if Kane and Austin look to go off the boil I'm happy to bench one temporarily, whilst playing an expensive back 3 of Azpi, Demichelis (City have nasty fixtures after the next one though), Baines and Hutton as useful backup.

I've massively messed up by using wrong captain choices past 5 GWs, and also not using Clyne/Bertrand, Sanchez earlier and a good GK. But hindsight eh.

ReputationRep:
    I think Eriksen is great value too really. I got him at 7.8 and he often gets big hauls. It's difficult to maintain a midfield as Hazard and Sanchez are must haves. And Downing is excellent value too, but it's difficult to use a quality midfield 5 as you can't play a front 3 then, meaning you bench often someone who is worth around 5.0. Until I wildcard, I've inputted a midfield 5 of the players I've said (putting Downing in now with some nice fixtures where he usually delivers as he is a flat track bully in terms of point getting), plus with Austin and Kane with Costa. Meaning if Kane and Austin look to go off the boil I'm happy to bench one temporarily, whilst playing an expensive back 3 of Azpi, Demichelis (City have nasty fixtures after the next one though), Baines and Hutton as useful backup.

I've massively messed up by using wrong captain choices past 5 GWs, and also not using Clyne/Bertrand, Sanchez earlier and a good GK. But hindsight eh.
    Yeah I'm just venting my anger at a really below par gameweek. Just got to pick myself up and go again :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going to activate my WC om the 1st and then just leave enough to upgrade 1 striker to Kun when he comes back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Such a bad week with only 27 points (23 after the penalty)

Lost the ground I'd recently made up ugh..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Badly need to change my defence around. Resisting the urge to play the Jan WC as soon as it's available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Badly need to change my defence around. Resisting the urge to play the Jan WC as soon as it's available
    What's wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    Who should I captain out of Sterling, Yaya, Austin and Benteke?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oxlade or Barkely? An I feel cheeky to bring in theo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Who should I captain out of Sterling, Yaya, Austin and Benteke?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rodgers has said he is gonna give sterling a rest soon so might be this week. Benteke could be explosive but villa don't score much. I'd say a toss up between Yaya and Austin. Yaya fresh and raring to go whilst Swansea just conceded 4 so Austin could be in the points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spookz)
    Oxlade or Barkely? An I feel cheeky to bring in theo
    Barkley. Everton won't get any worse than 21 points from 19... only problem is that Martinez has a dodgy rotation policy, he likes to rest Lukaku/Barkley even when his team has just lost 3 in a row.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.