Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 13 thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I love the product description :lol: for those days when you're feeling like shiitake :rofl:

Made from durable rubber, they even feel like the real thing
    Four different and slightly phallic fungi to choose from
    All I'm saying is that GiF can be looked at another way :lol:
    Other than that seems like a good buy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Anyone resitting Maths here?
    Do you mean a module or the whole A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    Do you mean a module or the whole A level?
    The whole A level.I am doing CIE Maths;pretty forced to resit the entire thing.
    P.S Got a B at AS levels!

ReputationRep:
    The whole A level.I am doing CIE Maths;pretty forced to resit the entire thing.
    P.S Got a B at AS levels!
    Why do you have to resit if you got a B at AS? Is it not so good A2's? and If so why not just resit that instead?
    P.S. I'm doing AQA

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to resit if you got a B at AS? Is it not so good A2's? and If so why not just resit that instead?
    P.S. I'm doing AQA
    In the Cie board,you can't resit a component!Well,I am pushing myself to get that A*!

ReputationRep:
    In the Cie board,you can't resit a component!Well,I am pushing myself to get that A*!
    That's the mindset! Try and push for full marks, so you'll always have a feel for improvement unless you get everything right!

ReputationRep:
    That's the mindset! Try and push for full marks, so you'll always have a feel for improvement unless you get everything right!
    Well from what I've read you can get an A* if you get a B at AS levels(you need to meet two conditions),
    However,I don't have much faith that I'll be able to do that!What if I get full at A2 and get an A overall.Will be disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    Well from what I've read you can get an A* if you get a B at AS levels(you need to meet two conditions),
    However,I don't have much faith that I'll be able to do that!What if I get full at A2 and get an A overall.Will be disappointed!
    Not sure if it's different for your exam board but, if you get 90% average between C3 and C4 at A2 and 80% overall between your whole A level syllabus, you're awarded the A* grade.
    So a B at AS and 90% at A2 would meet both conditions as the average between the two is 80% and you have 90% in your A2's.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    All I'm saying is that GiF can be looked at another way :lol:
    Other than that seems like a good buy
    :sexface::perv:

A Change of Seasons is such an amazing song :music:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    :sexface::perv:

A Change of Seasons is such an amazing song :music:
    Have you listened to Lindsey Stirling before?

ReputationRep:
    You've mentioned her before - I've listened to one of her songs quite regularly in the past, but nowadays I'm listening to Dream Theatre, John Petrucci and Crossfaith mainly :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's different for your exam board but, if you get 90% average between C3 and C4 at A2 and 80% overall between your whole A level syllabus, you're awarded the A* grade.
    So a B at AS and 90% at A2 would meet both conditions as the average between the two is 80% and you have 90% in your A2's.
    :yep:
    I am not sure whether this applies to CIE!This is the thing that scares me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    You've mentioned her before - I've listened to one of her songs quite regularly in the past, but nowadays I'm listening to Dream Theatre, John Petrucci and Crossfaith mainly :lol:
    That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later.

You'll have to ask someone in the maths thread who has done CIE, I can't seem to find relevant information on the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later. I've been playing around with Cash Cash, and I've replayed Robert Mendoza's Cover of John Legend like a hundred times already:lol:

You'll have to ask someone in the maths thread who has done CIE, I can't seem to find relevant information on the net.

ReputationRep:

Can you send me the link to the maths thread?
    That's the problem with CIE!You can't seem to find much information relevant to the board!

ReputationRep:
    That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later. I've been playing around with Cash Cash, and I've replayed Robert Mendoza's Cover of John Legend like a hundred times already:lol:

I feel like I should inform you about what genres they are :lol:
    Crossfaith is metal with synthesizers
    John Petrucci's solo album Suspended Animation (Glasgow Kiss is my favourite and one I'm learning to play) is just really nice guitar tracks, nice variety though; there are some more emotional songs as well as lively ones
    Dream Theater has a huge variety - pop, metal, rock, jazz... I've only listened to like 4 of their songs but I really like them

I've actually realised how many sounds I used to miss... After starting to learn the guitar and focusing on actually 'listening' to music and all the sounds, you hear a lot more things :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Are any of you lot doing/have done the EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me biggest regret ever but hey it filled out most of my personal statement so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I feel like I should inform you about what genres they are :lol:
    Crossfaith is metal with synthesizers
    John Petrucci's solo album Suspended Animation (Glasgow Kiss is my favourite and one I'm learning to play) is just really nice guitar tracks, nice variety though; there are some more emotional songs as well as lively ones
    Dream Theater has a huge variety - pop, metal, rock, jazz... I've only listened to like 4 of their songs but I really like them

I've actually realised how many sounds I used to miss... After starting to learn the guitar and focusing on actually 'listening' to music and all the sounds, you hear a lot more things :holmes:
    I've been testing out EDM recently, theres this one song off SoundCloud app (I can't remember it) it's pretty good! I'm hunting for this song haha.
    That's definitely a variety, I havn't really listen to jazz or metal before, and for guitars, "Hey There Delilah" is what springs to mind:lol:

I feel like that last sentence of yours is some sort of quote from a famous person

ReputationRep:
    I've been testing out EDM recently, theres this one song off SoundCloud app (I can't remember it) it's pretty good! I'm hunting for this song haha.
    That's definitely a variety, I havn't really listen to jazz or metal before, and for guitars, "Hey There Delilah" is what springs to mind:lol:

I feel like that last sentence of yours is some sort of quote from a famous person
    I don't know if it is, but have a listen to Glasgow Kiss. Then listen to the backing track. Then listen to Glasgow Kiss again you can find them all on YouTube :lol:

Maybe the 1st minute only of each, and you'll see what I mean
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Minimal Beat and Crystallize... :moon:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.