Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone see Madrid letting us playing around their box and ripping us apart on the counter?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Genuinely think we are going to be destroyed on Wednesday. Expecting 6-0ish. Hate to be so pessimistic but this season's Liverpool have not inspired me whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bale doubtful to be fit for us on Wednesday night.
    Don't think that'll make much of a difference but I guess it's slightly better for you guys that he might be out. Real Madrid are in red hot form and they're scoring goals for fun and seemed to have carried on from after the international break with dismantling Levante 5-0. One thing I'm dead certain about, Ronaldo will score. He'll tear your defence single handedly.

(Original post by samir12)
    Could anyone see Madrid letting us playing around their box and ripping us apart on the counter?
    Yeah pretty much this tbh. It's an away game and RM will set up to counter. I think they'll win 3-0 tbh. I shudder to think what would have happened to you guys if you went to the Burnabeu in the form you lot are in right now :eek:. Genuinely would have ended in double figures.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Don't think that'll make much of a difference but I guess it's slightly better for you guys that he might be out.
    Won't make a difference at all - just means I won't have a heart attack seeing Glen Johnson start.

ReputationRep:
    Well at least Victor Moses isn't playing for us anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy)
    Well at least Victor Moses isn't playing for us anymore
    True, it was refreshing to see us bringing on Coutinho today as opposed to bringing on Moses last season...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether attack or defence is worse at the moment tbh. We're absolutely ****ing useless and don't deserve to be here in the table. Not been a convincing performance all season bar Spurs game.

So reliant on Sterling and Sturridge atm, it's ridiculous given the number of signings made.

Really hope things pick up soon or god knows where we'll finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Not sure whether attack or defence is worse at the moment tbh. We're absolutely ****ing useless and don't deserve to be here in the table. Not been a convincing performance all season bar Spurs game.

So reliant on Sterling and Sturridge atm, it's ridiculous given the number of signings made.

Really hope things pick up soon or god knows where we'll finish.
    Would Rodgers get the sack if he finished 5th and got knocked out in the CL groupstages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bale doubtful to be fit for us on Wednesday night.
    oh yay, we're gonna win now.

ReputationRep:
    Would Rodgers get the sack if he finished 5th and got knocked out in the CL groupstages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens, I think Manquillo and Coutinho both need to come into the side against Madrid.
    Manquillo and Moreno will definitely come in, they were just being rested today. Coutinho or Allen will come in for Can. I'm undecided on whether I'd prefer Borini or Lambert to start. Probably Borini, because it's movement up top that we're really lacking atm and that's what Borini provides. Balotelli shouldn't even be in the 18.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, and he shouldn't be either. I definitely have faith in Brendan but things aren't going well at the moment. Let's see how things pick up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    no
    Fair enough, ive been seeing Liverpool fans calling for Rodger's head and some even predicting he'll be sacked by Christmas. Tbh he did buy poorly in the summer (although its only 8 games in and a bit harsh to judge them since its still early into the season).

Just seen your post saying Balo shouldnt be in the 18 :lol:. You think he'll be gone by January? He has so much promise but he's fast becoming known for his reputation rather than his talent. He has everything to become one of the world's best players but i guess he's mentally ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, ive been seeing Liverpool fans calling for Rodger's head and some even predicting he'll be sacked by Christmas. Tbh he did buy poorly in the summer (although its only 8 games in and a bit harsh to judge them since its still early into the season).

Just seen your post saying Balo shouldnt be in the 18 :lol:. You think he'll be gone by January? He has so much promise but he's fast becoming known for his reputation rather than his talent. He has everything to become one of the world's best players but i guess he's mentally ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can forgive a striker for being out of form or missing the occasional sitter. These things happen. I can't forgive a striker who just stands on the halfway line and watches whilst the rest of our forwards are counter-attacking. It's pure laziness.

ReputationRep:
    lol just the idea of Johnson starting on Wednesday, or Enrique for that matter.

What's going on with Sakho now?

ReputationRep:
    No, and he shouldn't be either. I definitely have faith in Brendan but things aren't going well at the moment. Let's see how things pick up.
    Yeah i guess we can judge after Christmas. Heck you guys have been woeful but you're still sitting 5th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I can forgive a striker for being out of form or missing the occasional sitter. These things happen. I can't forgive a striker who just stands on the halfway line and watches whilst the rest of our forwards are counter-attacking. It's pure laziness.
    This.

the thing that frustrates most of us liverpool fans about balotelli is exactly what you said - he just doesn't put the effort in.
    even his reaction when our winning goal went in.
    he wasn't really celebrating; he doesn't seem to care if we win or lose, he doesn't seem to care about being a team player, he seems to only care that he scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I dont seem to understand him tbh. It really is his last chance at a big club and if he fails at Liverpool i cant see many other top clubs taking a risk on him. He plays for himself instead of the team. Although he did say before the game that he prefers playing with someone up front and maybe Rodgers should have made changes? However you dont make changes for one player and definately not for Baloletti.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol just the idea of Johnson starting on Wednesday, or Enrique for that matter.

What's going on with Sakho now?
    Didnt he have a row with Rodgers? He's either injured or is being left/frozen out intentionally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didnt he have a row with Rodgers? He's either injured or is being left/frozen out intentionally

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well he stormed out of the stadium after not being picked at the end of September I think. Don't think he is injured but admittedly I haven't been keeping track.

He's apologised for his behaviour and tbh I think we should now try to move forward. The hope was that Lovren and Sakho could develop a partnership but that seems to be quickly going to ****. Need to bed down a solid back four who know and understand each other. (In case it wasn't obvious that should be Manquillo - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.