The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
Apologies everyone for the sporadic appearances on here, and if I'm seeming a bit off handed with anyone. If I'm honest, I'm not doing the best.
:hugs: Let us know if there's anything we can help with, okay?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
You're a liberal. "The government who governs least governs best". You're doing what you're supposed to
"A government is at its most perilous when it seeks to change its ways." At least I'm not changing mine.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
:hugs: Let us know if there's anything we can help with, okay?
I'll PM you, it's a story.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
I'll PM you, it's a story.
Okay.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
'socially left' is a label. If I, as a left wing individual, did something right wing would my actions change the definition of being left wing? Of course not.

It is very clear what left and right are both economically and socially.

I'm confusing nothing, your confusing me with the other people you've had this discussion with - I never said anything about conservatives being right wing.

You're getting away from the point; I'm talking about authoratarian vs liberarianism as being opposed to left and right.

Define "socially left".
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Totally (semi-) serious final policy announcement in my last few days in office as foreign sec. We in the UK are so desperate to host Eurovision that should we not win we will declare war on the victors and host it when we win the war:cheers: the queen will see Eurovision once more in this green and present land before she dies:woo:
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're getting away from the point; I'm talking about authoratarian vs liberarianism as being opposed to left and right.

Define "socially left".
No I'm not, you satrted talking about socially left countries. What was the definition you used?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Totally (semi-) serious final policy announcement in my last few days in office as foreign sec. We in the UK are so desperate to host Eurovision that should we not win we will declare war on the victors and host it when we win the war:cheers: the queen will see Eurovision once more in this green and present land before she dies:woo:
We could create an all-star band of One Direction, David Bowie, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Kate Bush, Rod Steward, Adele, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Robbie Williams, Sting, Pete Doherty, Noel Gallagher, Sam Smith, Shirley Bassey, Brian May, Ringo Star, Slash, and Madness, that would really turn some heads.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
We could create an all-star band of One Direction, David Bowie, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Kate Bush, Rod Steward, Adele, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Robbie Williams, Sting, Pete Doherty, Noel Gallagher, Sam Smith, Shirley Bassey, Brian May, Ringo Star, Slash, and Madness, that would really turn some heads.
That sounds great!!! Gotta get McBusted in there too though. Only thing is we are only allowed 6 people on stage as per the rules:sad:
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
No I'm not, you satrted talking about socially left countries. What was the definition you used?
You were the one who started talking about the attributes of social left people and i just treated it as a synonym. If you define social left/right, then we can see why they're social left and right, and try to reconcile that with economic left and right.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That sounds great!!! Gotta get McBusted in there too though. Only thing is we are only allowed 6 people on stage as per the rules:sad:
It should be One Direction on stage to attract all of the young girls who are more likely to vote with the rest on the TV screens behind singing along, or there could be holograms on stage of them all.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It should be One Direction on stage to attract all of the young girls who are more likely to vote with the rest on the TV screens behind singing along, or there could be holograms on stage of them all.
Holograms would be interesting but I'm pretty sure that it breaks some kind of competition rules. Anyway one direction don't attract the classic Eurovision audience:erm:
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Holograms would be interesting but I'm pretty sure that it breaks some kind of competition rules. Anyway one direction don't attract the classic Eurovision audience:erm:
No matter who we pick, we'll come last xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
No matter who we pick, we'll come last xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
No!!! I love electro velvet this year!!!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
No!!! I love electro velvet this year!!!
Who??

To be fair, I don't bother watching it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who??

To be fair, I don't bother watching it

Posted from TSR Mobile

this years entry.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

this years entry.
Yup, we've lost.....

Only an Oasis reunion would see us win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup, we've lost.....

Only an Oasis reunion would see us win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone else this year are doing love ballards!!! And they are great.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't stand Eurovision. It's just a way for irrelevant European countries to pretend they have some significance which they don't. Plus the musics crap.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You were the one who started talking about the attributes of social left people and i just treated it as a synonym. If you define social left/right, then we can see why they're social left and right, and try to reconcile that with economic left and right.

But we don't need to do that if we expect they're different things and use the political compass with its 4 points.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads