Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    got an offer on the 22nd of march and got allocated to collingwood on the 29th
    (Original post by NR_898)
    I received an offer on the 22nd of March and I still didn't get allocated a college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnekaa)
    got an offer on the 22nd of march and got allocated to collingwood on the 29th
    did you get an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    did you get an email?
    yeah I did

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my nottingham offer!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentACMW10)
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what got got at AS, predictions for a2 and lnat

ReputationRep:
    Guys law LLB at university of manchester or QMUL? Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what got got at AS, predictions for a2 and lnat
    I'm doing the IB so it's slightly different, but I'm predicted at 38 and I think thats equivalent to A*AA in A levels. I got 21 in LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got offer from Exeter. Doubt I'll be going, but if you're still waiting for offers all hope is not lost

ReputationRep:
    Wishhhh I had applied to Notts too, though! Lovely campus and course, just didn't like the combined risk of LNAT plus only 4 places open for the course :/. (LLB Senior Status)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punisher95)
    Law LLB at university of manchester or QMUL? Please help
    Look closely at each course (all 3 years) and think about the optional course choices on offer at each Uni - which ones would you actually go for? If you don't have enough info on the course structure etc online - email the Uni and ask for it.

Think about the reality of living in each city and being at that Uni. Did you go to an Open Day - think back to your impressions. Think about the cost of living and practical stuff in terms of housing, travel etc - not just 1st year but when you move out of Halls after your 1st year.

Any 'extras' on offer? Work placements, Study Abroad, optional units in other subjects etc. All of this adds to your eventual CV.

Ultimately what anyone says here will be their opinion based on their needs, interests etc. You really have to decide this one yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Look closely at each course (all 3 years) and think about the optional course choices on offer at each Uni - which ones would you actually go for? If you don't have enough info on the course structure etc online - email the Uni and ask for it.

Think about the reality of living in each city and being at that Uni. Did you go to an Open Day - think back to your impressions. Think about the cost of living and practical stuff in terms of housing, travel etc - not just 1st year but when you move out of Halls after your 1st year.

Any 'extras' on offer? Work placements, Study Abroad, optional units in other subjects etc. All of this adds to your eventual CV.

Ultimately what anyone says here will be their opinion based on their needs, interests etc. You really have to decide this one yourself.
    Leaning towards UoM. Only thing that troubles me is the lower ranking of manchester university for law. Any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Leaning towards UoM. Only thing that troubles me is the lower ranking of manchester university for law. Any idea?
    Please see all the responses above about why you should not base this decision on nebulous stuff like League Tables, rankings etc. and debunking the idea that if you don't go to X Uni to do Law you wont be able to get a job. Etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester seems to have good employability, based on the various student employability studies floating around. They seem to be doing something right.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the IB so it's slightly different, but I'm predicted at 38 and I think thats equivalent to A*AA in A levels. I got 21 in LNAT.
    I do IB too but still waiting... What was your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Firm Bristol (Law) or Warwick (Law w/ Social Sciences) ? International student so reputation and graduate prospects most imp for me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ArsalanBac)
    Firm Bristol (Law) or Warwick (Law w/ Social Sciences) ? International student so reputation and graduate prospects most imp for me.
    Neither choice will hinder you for the requirements you've set out. If it's really that hard (and you've considered location, modules, societies, cost of living etc), flip a coin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconuticecream)
    The offer was 36 and 5 in English HL

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconuticecream)
    Hey Coconuticecream,
    Have you received a offer yet? Which Unis have you got offers from?
    =My sister does IB and shes waiting to hear too, she got a 26 on her Lnat and SHE WAS HUNGOVER LOL, shes predicted 38 points I think , not sure, im in my AS year so Ive got a while to figure this stuff out and ive never understood IB points lol.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrad)
    When did you apply?
    I applied in mid December

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.