Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    Oh ****. I did exactly that except I said Kw/10^-7 is H+ and not OH-. Oh dear haha.
    Easy mistake. Don't worry- think it was just like 1 or 2 marks. Everyone is going to make silly mistakes somewhere XD

ReputationRep:
    In comparion to 2015. Harder or easier? Am I retarded to think the grade boundaries will be 75 for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****. I did exactly that except I said Kw/10^-7 is H+ and not OH-. Oh dear haha.
    wanna know a worse mistake? I worked out [OH-] and [H+] then decided that 9.4x10^-7 was a smaller number than 10^-7......

(Original post by k.russell)
    you're right, CuI is insoluble in water dw
    I was doing it right at the end cos I was doing the ionic equation for the question above (which asked for some other full equation) and realised my mistake with about 10 seconds left lol
    What question is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slenderman)
    In comparion to 2015. Harder or easier? Am I retarded to think the grade boundaries will be 75 for an A?
    slightly harder, 85-A*, 77-A just what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 10.76 instead of 10.68 for one of the ph calculation... not sure where I went wrong tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrZebraCookie)
    What question is this?
    excess KI + copper (II) ions --> solid copper(I) iodide + iodide ion i think.
    the same experiment come up a couple years ago i think.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to the arguments occurring in the forum.

But yes it was alkaline and I still don't understand why.
    Yeah I know sorry, I was just trolling

(Original post by lai812matthew)
    excess KI + copper (II) ions --> solid copper(I) iodide + iodide ion i think.
    the same experiment come up a couple years ago i think.
    I don't even remember this being asked. Do you know where it was in the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo11)
    Easy mistake. Don't worry- think it was just like 1 or 2 marks. Everyone is going to make silly mistakes somewhere XD
    wanna know a worse mistake? I worked out [OH-] and [H+] then decided that 9.4x10^-7 was a smaller number than 10^-7......
    Haha, upon reflection I lost 4 marks to stupid mistakes (and 2 marks I didn't genuinely know).

Oh dear, this paper got a bit harder all of a sudden :laugh:

Concentration levels are bound to drop during a pressurised 2 hour exam tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrZebraCookie)
    I don't even remember this being asked. Do you know where it was in the paper?
    last question when they ask you ionic equation with state symbol

ReputationRep:
    Haha, upon reflection I lost 4 marks to stupid mistakes (and 2 marks I didn't genuinely know).

Yeah I for sure dropped 1 mark on that [OH-] question, and another for the equation with Cu+ and I-, I reckon I may or may not have dropped one for the question about the rate equations so am hoping (fingers crossed) for around 93/4 as I'm sure there was a few more marks of bs I lost in there. Sounds like you might be in the same boat, hopefully we still hit dat 1 fiddy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I for sure dropped 1 mark on that [OH-] question, and another for the equation with Cu+ and I-, I reckon I may or may not have dropped one for the question about the rate equations so am hoping (fingers crossed) for around 93/4 as I'm sure there was a few more marks of bs I lost in there. Sounds like you might be in the same boat, hopefully we still hit dat 1 fiddy
    Doubt we'll hit 150. I'll probably have dropped more marks (not sure about you). There's always something

ReputationRep:
    there are 2 ways to prove that pH=7 is alkali in 60 degree celsius. is a bit easier to see the picture by neutral pH calculation imo. Kw=[H+(aq)][OH-(aq)], so square root of Kw equal to [H+(aq)], and find the pH equals 6.52. anything above 6.52 is alkaline, vice versa. 7>6.52, so it is alkali.

ReputationRep:
    Do u remember if the Au equation was 1 or 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt we'll hit 150. I'll probably have dropped more marks (not sure about you). There's always something
    hmm my coursework is poor so need a 95% ums average (there abouts) from the exams to get an A*. It's gonna be really really close as to whether I've done enough, a 150 would help me out so much
    deffo dropped 2 marks on both papers and I am sure there are more mistakes I can't remember. ****ing wish I had 40/40 coursework could've probs got that without too much sweat as well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilkFriend)
    Got 10.76 instead of 10.68 for one of the ph calculation... not sure where I went wrong tho...
    Anyone got 10.76... no idea about what happened.

ReputationRep:

dropped at least 7 marks, got cis and trans the wrong way round, charge of complex ion wrong way round (i written 2+), don't know that starch is used to give color change, don't know what is standard form, and the most idiotic mistake comes to......i written down that i am using redox system 5 and 6, but used redox system 6 and 7 and write equations and explain from it. !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slenderman)
    Not retarded but very optimistic my friend. I would say 80 = A

ReputationRep:
    [H+]= square root of Kw at 60c
    [H+]= square root 9.313*10^-14
    [H+]= 3.05*10^-7
    -log 3.05*10^-7= 6.5
    Since 6.5<7 so pH 7 is alkaline

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.