The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Thanks

It went well. He doubled my citalopram and gave me a new medication as well and I'll see him again in 6 weeks, or earlier if I'm struggling. If I'm still not better then he'll refer me to the CMHT

No worries :hugs:

Aw glad to hear it! :smile:
Ah nice one, hopefully the new mess will help then! :smile:
I hope everything goes smoothly with the new dosage and meds :hugs:
Original post by FireFreezer77
No worries

Aw glad to hear it!
Ah nice one, hopefully the new mess will help then!
I hope everything goes smoothly with the new dosage and meds

Hoping so :biggrin:
Aw what's up? :hugs:

What isnt up? Haha

But today would have been my first anniversary of being engaged :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today's been hard.
I feel like I'm stupid. I feel like that people only have me around so that they can get things off me. I'm a worthless pathetic person.

I'm struggling with my joints. I'm struggling keeping up at work. I'm struggling managing my hours. I'm struggling to keep myself together and it's starting to take it's toll.

And I honestly don't know what to do. I don't have the time to make time for myself anymore. I don't have the time to just relax. Something always needs doing and it's just getting too much. :cry:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry if the spoiler wasn't clear: the answer to the first question above is/was essentially no :nah: With the second q, my mind was much clearer once I started it 5.5 years ago. It's had less impact for me the past few years and my psychiatrist questioned on Weds whether there's any point/use in me taking meds (since it's becoming increasingly apparent that I'm not - and perhaps never have been) psychotic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok then :smile:
Original post by Airmed
I took it and about 20 minutes later I collapsed at home. My daddy had to lift me into bed. I could barely stand on it, I showered sitting down.

Oh no :frown: that sounds horrible. I hope you found a medication that suits you. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
I took it and about 20 minutes later I collapsed at home. My daddy had to lift me into bed. I could barely stand on it, I showered sitting down.

Oh no :frown: that sounds horrible. I hope you found a medication that suits you. :hugs:
I started the amitriptyline last night and damn I'm tired but honestly it's so nice to have actually gotten a full night's sleep. I got about 11 hours and only woke up 3 times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Indieboohoo1

Yeah, it was pretty horrible. We're still working on the medication thing, but thank you :hugs: I hope it works for you!
Just had a Snow White moment :tongue: was out taken a walk and I found three grey squirrels, two ran away but one let me get about two feet away and I was about to take a pic and was talking to it and it moved closer to me until an evil meanie car drove up and then it ran away.
Least I know I never scared it away :tongue: makes me really want to get into pet and wildlife photography. Been considering it as a hobby for a while now :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
What isnt up? Haha

But today would have been my first anniversary of being engaged :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry I couldn't reply sooner :hugs:

Aw, I Hope things improve soon for you. You're lovely and deserve good things in life :smile:

Would've been?
I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been :frown:
Just try to think positively and good things will happen :smile:
I'm here if you want someone to talk/vent to :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Just had a Snow White moment :tongue: was out taken a walk and I found three grey squirrels, two ran away but one let me get about two feet away and I was about to take a pic and was talking to it and it moved closer to me until an evil meanie car drove up and then it ran away.
Least I know I never scared it away :tongue: makes me really want to get into pet and wildlife photography. Been considering it as a hobby for a while now :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, that squirrel liked you :smile:
That's so cute, maybe you'll get an image next time, evil car!
You should defo take it up :biggrin: You'd be really good at it, plus you share your findings with us all :biggrin:
First IPT session tomorrow, second attempt. Worried about it being with someone new and really ill physically but oh well. Will give it a go I guess.

Kind of realising how much i'm just trying to cover everything up and keep going. Everyone thinks i'm coping and I'm really not. All going to come crashing down and i dont know what to do. Not even like i'm just trapped any more, drowning and fast
Original post by furryface12
First IPT session tomorrow, second attempt. Worried about it being with someone new and really ill physically but oh well. Will give it a go I guess.

Kind of realising how much i'm just trying to cover everything up and keep going. Everyone thinks i'm coping and I'm really not. All going to come crashing down and i dont know what to do. Not even like i'm just trapped any more, drowning and fast

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:
Aw just got to try and stay calm and think positively.

You are fighting it well! A lit of people wouldn't be able to deal with it! You're dealing with it and dealing with it well!
No its not! All will end up well!
Please dont say that, Things will get better! Trust me!
It takes time but you will get there! You're a strong individual! Were all here for you!
Hey, sorry I couldn't reply sooner :hugs:

Aw, I Hope things improve soon for you. You're lovely and deserve good things in life :smile:

Would've been?
I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been :frown:
Just try to think positively and good things will happen :smile:
I'm here if you want someone to talk/vent to :smile:

Its ok, yeah im not too sure coming off meds is a good idea but also i want a med free 2017.

Yeah he left me back in may :s-smilie: still get down about it now. But ill get there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a park by the ferry dock to the statue of liberty in new york city and the squirrels there are so friendly. I fed one by hand and another climbed up my jeans' leg. I love squirrels. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline has loads of squirrels that come right up to you and let you touch them if you bring food for them! :woo: Well worth a visit if you're ever down that way. :smile:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline has loads of squirrels that come right up to you and let you touch them if you bring food for them! :woo: Well worth a visit if you're ever down that way. :smile:

Aww that sounds brilliant :h: never been to Dunfermline :colondollar: It seems pretty near Edinburgh though and I stay over there a couple of times a year so will need to check out that park next time I go and the weather is nice :h:
Saw my psychiatrist - she doesn't know what to do with me as I'm on crazy doses yet the voices are still bothersome. She has referred me to her supervisor. Seeing him tomorrow. Everytime I go to this place I worry they're going to section me so I have to really watch what I say. In fact, I saw the psychiatrist who did section me in the corridor today; I gave her my very best scowl.

On another note, when I was getting lunch with my spouse, one of her colleagues brought his puppy in. She was absolutely adorable; a 10 week old brown labrador. And so soft! :love: My mum got a puppy a few weeks ago but I can't afford the plane tickets to visit her. :sad:
Original post by PandaWho
Its ok, yeah im not too sure coming off meds is a good idea but also i want a med free 2017.

Yeah he left me back in may :s-smilie: still get down about it now. But ill get there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw :hugs:
Well depends how you're feeling tbh, but if you feel its better on them then id say stick with that for the time being.
But I know the feeling, hopefully that can be achieved! :smile: I believe in you!

Aww no I'm so sorry to hear that! But you're better off without him! You're too good for him and deserve someone amazing! Please dont feel down about it :console: :frown:
He made a mistake in leaving you and you're the winner here :smile:

Latest