The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JWScandic
Anyone have a rough idea about this years return rates? Have an offer for SA at a BB (CS/UBS/HSBC type) and possibly a full time offer at an EB in Europe. Trying to weigh the pros and cons

Personally, if you cannot do the internship first before starting the full-time job (i.e. push the start date back) to see if you get an offer, then take the full-time job, do that for one year and then lateral over to a better bank if you want.

Intern conversion rates were really bad this year at most places. Barclays was <50% and Morgan Stanley was <65%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by volatilityskew2
Cant you do the summer internship before starting your full time job? That way if you get a return offer you can just turn the other company down

Unfortunately not, the FT starts with training etc while the summer analysts are still doing their internships.
Original post by Commercial Paper
Personally, if you cannot do the internship first before starting the full-time job (i.e. push the start date back) to see if you get an offer, then take the full-time job, do that for one year and then lateral over to a better bank if you want.

Intern conversion rates were really bad this year at most places. Barclays was <50% and Morgan Stanley was <65%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this sounds like a reasonable plan. I just don't know how easy/difficult it is to lateral to London from other parts of Europe. Thanks for the input!
Original post by Commercial Paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1

Assuming you cannot do both, take the EB. Specially if the BB is UBS/HSBC (not a BB). With CS I'd have more doubts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by katuok
+1

Assuming you cannot do both, take the EB. Specially if the BB is UBS/HSBC (not a BB). With CS I'd have more doubts.

UBS is BB 100%
Original post by TheParham
UBS is BB 100%

pretty sure the not a BB was aimed at HSBC which is true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from hsbc after passing tests?
Anyone know figures for Nomura IBD SA conversion to full time?
anyone heard back from CS or BAML?
Original post by networx
IBD. What do you mean with that haha?

Literally, their conversions and the reasoning behind their offer/ no offer was a joke this year! They had interns in teams and divisions that they did not even had the headcount for future grad positions..
Original post by TheParham
Literally, their conversions and the reasoning behind their offer/ no offer was a joke this year! They had interns in teams and divisions that they did not even had the headcount for future grad positions..

lol. maybe they got no headcount because they don't really have something that could be called dealflow hahaha
Anyone have any insight into these "exclusive networking" events where you go visit the company and meet the analysts/MD's are these comparable to a first round etc. or what does one expect?
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Anyone have any insight into these "exclusive networking" events where you go visit the company and meet the analysts/MD's are these comparable to a first round etc. or what does one expect?

Depends. Most are pretty useless but I participated in a BB S&T networking event last year that turned out to be 10 5-minute chats (interviews) with associates/VPs who had our CVs in front of them. The conversation was very much like an interview and If you impressed, you got an asterisk next to your name. A week later, I got the AC..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Depends. Most are pretty useless but I participated in a BB S&T networking event last year that turned out to be 10 5-minute chats (interviews) with associates/VPs who had our CVs in front of them. The conversation was very much like an interview and If you impressed, you got an asterisk next to your name. A week later, I got the AC..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What bank was this for if you don't mind me asking? Top 3 BB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, they're paying for my flights over so I'd assume it must be some what intended to screen applicants.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by therealhero
What bank was this for if you don't mind me asking? Top 3 BB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a bank it's a HF
Cheers, they're paying for my flights over so I'd assume it must be some what intended to screen applicants.

Good luck mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone done the BNP video interview? Could really use some help.
Original post by AenigmaFx
Anyone done the BNP video interview? Could really use some help.

Hey mate, how long after doing test you got video interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a bank it's a HF

Ah ok. But you said it was a BB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending