Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys :P anyone willing to post the pack of examquest questions out of the kindness of their hearts? :P pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss-pink09)
    anyone got any nice notes they could send me of this bio unit? im struggling a little bit
    What do you need help on?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any nice notes they could send me of this bio unit? im struggling a little bit
    F214 Respiration summary.docx

F214 Photosynthesis summary.docx

F214 Nervous System Summary.docx

F214 Hormones Summary.docx

F214 Communication_thermoreg summary.docx

Hope these are useful to you all! Sorry i haven't got excretion though!

ReputationRep:

omg you are amazing. thankyou sooo much
    i just breifly went through these and their good. did you do them yourself? x

ReputationRep:
    SOOOO GOOD! Thankyou!!!(:
    Although, would I be right in saying that we dont need to know all the stuff in the hormones one for F214?! /:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks these are really good Luke! Rep

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone have the f212 june 2010 paper ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    How much detail are we suppose to know about Dialysis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science7)
    How much detail are we suppose to know about Dialysis?

I think all they'll ask is how each type of dialysis work, maybe a couple of "suggest why..." questions too, but i dont think you need to have an in depth knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Are you finding the kidney a difficult Module?

ReputationRep:
    Suggest why blood clotting would occur during Haemodialysis.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? lol

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess no one then! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science7)
    Well I guess no one then! LOL
    At this time? lol hmm..
    From what I can guess is that since a catheter is a foreign object maybe the immune system of the body "labels" it as an antigenic part.This initiates an immune response in between which the white blood cells attack the vessels,these then become narrow.Very similar to thrombosis caused by LDL/emphysema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    At this time? lol hmm..
    From what I can guess is that since a catheter is a foreign object maybe the immune system of the body "labels" it as an antigenic part.This initiates an immune response in between which the white blood cells attack the vessels,these then become narrow.Very similar to thrombosis caused by LDL/emphysema.
    Just because i did some outside research, i understood your answer. But are we meant to know that coz it wasn't in the book. Because this is probably a stretch and challenge question so maybe! Thanks for your answer!
    I'll rep you tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know, the stretch and challenge questions from the book have answers at the back- if your using the OCR text book anyway.
    Also my teacher told me one time that the book doesn't actually have all the answers in it you have to do some outside reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    DUDE! How did you manage 95%...? I need help on how you done it aha Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecstacy.)
    DUDE! How did you manage 95%...? I need help on how you done it aha Please help
    Revise throughly and make sure you are all perfect with photosynthesis,the similarity of it with respiration/ Nervous system and endocrine system and so on..

ReputationRep:
    help with chemiosmosis and oxidative phosphorylation.........
    im oh so confused

ReputationRep:
    help with chemiosmosis and oxidative phosphorylation.........
    im oh so confused
    chemiosmosis is the movement of protons down a concentration gradient
    its role in oxidative phosphorylation is that after the 2H is 'released' from NAD, it splits into 2H+ and 2e-. the 2e- are passed through an electron transport change, which provides energy to actively pump the protons across the membrane into the intermembrane space. the protons diffuse through the ATP synthase by chemiosmosis and the proton motive force is used to combine ADP + Pi.

After the last electron carrier the electrons combine with the protons and O2 to produce water.

the NAD and FAD return back to the previous stages to be reused.

for each glucose molecule you get 10 reduced NADs, which produces 26 molecules of ATP. add that to the ATP made earlier and you have 30 per molecule of glucose. (2 in glycolysis and 2 in the krebs cycle)

ANYONE: what other similarities are there between respiration and photosynthesis, other than the use of electron transport chains, coenzymes and ATP synthase molecules being used?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.