Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    We'll see, league does seem to be getting bigger 'daan saath' though. Surely colleges could pair up or something like that?
    Nah, I'm from Newcastle but when I used to play league, back in the day, we had to go down to the deepest depths of the likes Batley and Dewsbury every week so it still is pretty Yorkshire-centric.

:eek: I'm impressed. St Hilda's
    Hello fellow Tynesider!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    The qualifications don't mention that though, they just say if your household income is under a certain threshold as evidenced by SFE, then you'll get the OOB.
    I've been looking around and have no idea where she got this from so ignore me completely...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    Hello fellow Tynesider!
    :eek: where abouts are you from?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my OOB thing through. Yay for free money!

Also just set up my email address. Yay for @exeter.ox.ac.uk!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm unsure, if it came down to it, I'd rather row/ play football I think. It's difficult to commit to anything without knowing our workloads and timetables.

Dreaming about playing?! Damn, sounds like you have withdrawal symptoms.
    I know what you mean, but being an Arts student I know I'll have time to commit to at least two sports....

I do have withdrawal symptoms. The problem is, I've been out of action for so long that I've probably lost 90% of my hard-earned cardio fitness and my rugby skills have probably deteriorated into nothing, so it'll be a rude awakening when I start playing again and realise that I'm totally crap and can't even make the college team.

(Football I dislike and rowing sounds like far too many early morning sessions. Rugby and a nice warm, indoor sport like fencing will do me fine!)

ReputationRep:
    :eek: where abouts are you from?
    Zone 2 on the Metro line, yourself?

I'd be more specific but I'm a privacy nut of sorts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Finally got my OOB thing through. Yay for free money!

Also just set up my email address. Yay for @exeter.ox.ac.uk!
    Me too!

Let it begin!

and it's clearly all about @seh.ox.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Anti-Hero)
    I know what you mean, but being an Arts student I know I'll have time to commit to at least two sports....

I do have withdrawal symptoms. The problem is, I've been out of action for so long that I've probably lost 90% of my hard-earned cardio fitness and my rugby skills have probably deteriorated into nothing, so it'll be a rude awakening when I start playing again and realise that I'm totally crap and can't even make the college team.

(Football I dislike and rowing sounds like far too many early morning sessions. Rugby and a nice warm, indoor sport like fencing will do me fine!)
    Hmm, it depends if they train regularly though.
    And depending on what college you attend, it'll be easier/harder to get into college teams, purely due to numbers (I think Univ has like 1000 undergrads? SEH only has like 500 max.)

Rowing just sounds "proper" if we're at Oxford to be honest, never done it before, but it clearly has to be done :p: You bring up an interesting point with fencing, something I've always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity.

What college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    X
    Saw you like poker earlier on, oh, it is on.

ReputationRep:
    Zone 2 on the Metro line, yourself?

I'd be more specific but I'm a privacy nut of sorts
    lol, fair enough. I'm more of a zone 1 kind of man. (Heaton)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    and it's clearly all about @seh.ox.ac.uk
    I'm a bit jealous of Goldsmiths College, UoL who have @gold.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Someone my dad worked with went to Heaton Manor school, and he was some sort of head boy/prefect...he used to tell everyone at work he had once been 'head boy at Heaton', or something, which when said quickly sounds very much like 'head boy at Eton'. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Fellgate for me. I've never been past Jesmond

ReputationRep:
    Saw you like poker earlier on, oh, it is on.
    Goodbye, sweet student loan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I'm a bit jealous of Goldsmiths College, UoL who have @gold.ac.uk
    That is the best one I've seen thus far.
    Goodbye, sweet student loan...
    Hell, I'm not crazy, I wouldn't bet more than £20 at a a time, and that would be a special occasion for me.

ReputationRep:
    ^ The one for Maths/Computer Science is so confusing though! I think I have Introduction to Pure Mathematics and Functional Programming clashing in my first week. And Maths and Comp Sci isn't properly featured on that list

Edit: That was in response to the link to lecture lists. I'm just too slow

ReputationRep:
    That is the best one I've seen thus far.

Hell, I'm not crazy, I wouldn't bet more than £20 at a a time, and that would be a special occasion for me.
    My chip values are more like 1p, 5p, 10p, and a packet of Maoam for all-in...

ReputationRep:
    My chip values are more like 1p, 5p, 10p, and a packet of Maoam for all-in...
    Ah, whenever we play we all buy chips for £10 and have a tournament.

I'm not a high roller, promise!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, whenever we play we all buy chips for £10 and have a tournament.

I'm not a high roller, promise!
    *******s, I bet you sit watching live poker at 2AM on Five...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it depends if they train regularly though.
    And depending on what college you attend, it'll be easier/harder to get into college teams, purely due to numbers (I think Univ has like 1000 undergrads? SEH only has like 500 max.)

Rowing just sounds "proper" if we're at Oxford to be honest, never done it before, but it clearly has to be done :p: You bring up an interesting point with fencing, something I've always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity.

What college are you at?
    I'm at Corpus, which is both small and reputedly bad at rugby. They have a joint team with Somerville. So I should manage to make the team, rusty as I am.
    I was county standard once...

Fencing is really fun. I've only managed a few sessions, as the only club anywhere near me happened to fold about three weeks after I joined because the instructor died.
    But I thoroughly enjoyed my taster and it seems like club at Oxford are really keen to get beginners involved; they even have a novice varsity match for people with < a year's experience, which is something to aim for!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.