The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by i'm no superman
Seems very modest and appropriate for an OSCE. I'm very confused as to why you're being called in.

It's not as if you were doing BLS and the examiner could see your thong. (Yes, that's happened at George's.)

Happened in Glasgow once before, the worst thing about it is that they haven't told me what was wrong with my appearance so I'm sitting here the day after being on cloud nine about passing my exams questioning what I did! :frown: It's just put a massive damper on the whole thing...
Just bagged myself a full time job from Monday. :biggrin:
Reply 4042
Original post by fatal
First day I wore

&set=key[rotate],value[]&set=key[width],value[]&set=key[height],value[]&set=key[x],value[]&set=key[y],value[]&call=url[file:/product/large]

with black opaque tights and a long black cardigan (sleeves above elbows).

And the second day I wore a grey skirt that came down to my knees and a long sleeve top (sleeves above elbows again)

I honestly don't have a clue why I'm being called in, I've worn both outfits loads of time and noone has said anything.

RAGING.

They might have thought too casual? If someone asked for my opinion on an OSCE outfit I would probably steer away from small print floral/drop waist/sleevless/ruffles all in one garment. Not saying that to be bitchy but a suggestion while you're waiting to find out...
(edited 12 years ago)
Medical finals PACES tomorrow. Properly bricking it now.
Reply 4044
Original post by Elles
They might have thought too casual? If someone asked for my opinion on an OSCE outfit I would probably steer away from small print floral/drop waist/sleevless/ruffles all in one garment. Not saying that to be bitchy but a suggestion while you're waiting to find out...

Different strokes for different folks. Thanks for the suggestion though, just a point that the ruffles aren't apparent when I'm wearing it, it just looks like a patterned tunic that drops straight down to my knees. Also it didn't wear it sleeveless but with a cardigan.
Original post by fatal
Happened in Glasgow once before, the worst thing about it is that they haven't told me what was wrong with my appearance so I'm sitting here the day after being on cloud nine about passing my exams questioning what I did! :frown: It's just put a massive damper on the whole thing...

Does a yellow card have any bearing on your marks for the year?
Reply 4046
Original post by fortysixandtwo
Does a yellow card have any bearing on your marks for the year?

No thank goodness :smile:
Original post by fatal
No thank goodness :smile:

Tbh a mate of mine got a slip for having "messy hair" which he'd been fine tohae all year long in the hospital :/
Someone pointed out today that my skull-print scarf was perhaps a little morbid for a hospital...
My consultant ripped on me non-stop for two weeks for wearing cuffed chinos. That's definitely going on my 'things not to do (or wear) in T-year' list. :emo:
Reply 4050
One guy in my year once wore a jack daniels tee on placement :smile:
Reply 4051
Original post by i'm no superman
My consultant ripped on me non-stop for two weeks for wearing cuffed chinos. That's definitely going on my 'things not to do (or wear) in T-year' list. :emo:

I'm trying to convert my boyfriend from chinos to nice grey trousers...he looks like a little boy at a wedding in chinos :rolleyes:
Reply 4052
Got results early.

Reply 4053
Ha cool, congratulations!
Reply 4054
Thanks.

Just to clarify, I expected to fail. And I passed. I didn't do 'well' exactly, but not too bad. :biggrin:
Reply 4055
Original post by SMed
Thanks.

Just to clarify, I expected to fail. And I passed. I didn't do 'well' exactly, but not too bad. :biggrin:

D for Degree :cool:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Someone pointed out today that my skull-print scarf was perhaps a little morbid for a hospital...

I got stopped for having a tie on, which was tucked away under a jumper and therefore wouldn't be dangling on patients.

Also, got told off for having earphones in whilst on my way to wards.
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Also, got told off for having earphones in whilst on my way to wards.

Ah, but you might have been run over and Neil would have been terribly upset...

Latest

Trending

Trending