The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hukdealz
i'll take him for you

neither have I, past papers aren't really crucial for OCR bio

Despite his grumpiness when teething he is the best thing thats happened in my life. Can't wait till exams are over and I can spend some proper time with him, all I ever seem to be saying to him is mummy got work to do - its no wonder his first words were mama wok

Going to start a paper now - hopefully won't be too bad but don't know how I'm going to be able to sit in a hall for 2 hours without falling asleep.
Reply 4041
Original post by domcandrews
LMFAO,,,cheer you all up a bit aha https://www.youtube.com/embed/ID6KY1QBR5s

haha thanks :P
4 hours enough sleep?
Original post by Wing:)
Same for me. I have one day to learn 50% of the whole A2:frown:

It doesn't help that ally exams are at the same time I have my physics lessons.

Have u learnt any of the medical stuff?
Original post by h4mz4
Yo, I need some help with the following

Can someone please explain to me the Power Stroke and The Sliding Filament Model?

Thanks

#LastMinute.com

Sliding Filament Model:
1) An action potential arrives at the neuromuscular junction(NMJ) and travels down through T tubules
2) Ca2+ ions present in the scroplasmic reticulum are released
3) These Ca2+ ions bind to troponin and change its shape
4) Troponin and tropomyosin move away from the myosin binding site
5)The myosin head is now able to able to attach to the myosin binding site
6)ADP and Pi are released from this forming ATP
7)Myosin head nods forward making actin move towards centre of sarcomere
8)The ATP now binds to the myosin head. Myosin head therefore detaches from myosin binding site
9)ATP is hydrolyzed by ATPase present in the myosin head
10)Myosin now returns to original upright position.
Hope that helped!!
Reply 4045
need sleep but cant sleep cos stressed. now what :P
Original post by doctor_2_be
Despite his grumpiness when teething he is the best thing thats happened in my life. Can't wait till exams are over and I can spend some proper time with him, all I ever seem to be saying to him is mummy got work to do - its no wonder his first words were mama wok <br />
<br />
Going to start a paper now - hopefully won't be too bad but don't know how I'm going to be able to sit in a hall for 2 hours without falling asleep.

*bed time story*

"So DNA polymerase will line up free nucleotides which is called the extension stage..."
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Her sympathetic nervous system is playing up. If she wants to calm down, her parasympathetic nervous system will need to be more dominant

LMAO!! Only a dorkish biologist like myself would find that funny.
It doesn't help that ally exams are at the same time I have my physics lessons.

Have u learnt any of the medical stuff?

Not yet. I am going to learn all the medical imaging and universe tomorrow. So much to learn for physics this year
Original post by amorrison
That 's peak, especially it being physics *barfs* . But I had to do the same last night for my psychology exam today. Luckily tomorrow's my last exam :biggrin:, so what's one more sleepless night for an exam which even if you prepare and prepare may still end up flopping it. Is physics your last one?

I'm feeling slightly envious right now, wish it was my last exam.

I'm going to do a degree in the subject so it's not too bad although I haven't looked at it at all in over a month except a bit yesterday.

Good luck tommorow!!
Do you think meiosis will come up?
You could join the f215 revision chat

Original post by hibaj
need sleep but cant sleep cos stressed. now what :P
Good luck everyone. I finished Biology A Level last year and got a B (Biology was my weakest subject and I'm not a science person at all - it was a miracle).

Spend every single minute in the exam working/thinking productively, get a good night's sleep and you'll be fine.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
*bed time story*

"So DNA polymerase will line up free nucleotides which is called the extension stage..."

we're talking transcription right?

isn't it RNA polymerase that does that? lol
Reply 4054
Original post by Syystole
You could join the f215 revision chat

where's that
Original post by Comeback
Good luck everyone. I finished Biology A Level last year and got a B (Biology was my weakest subject and I'm not a science person at all - it was a miracle).

Spend every single minute in the exam working/thinking productively, get a good night's sleep and you'll be fine.

Good advice
there's rumours circulating that this year is a really easy paper!!!
I'm feeling slightly envious right now, wish it was my last exam.

I'm going to do a degree in the subject so it's not too bad although I haven't looked at it at all in over a month except a bit yesterday.

Good luck tommorow!!

Thanks and good luck to you too. And am sure you will do find in your physics exam:smile:
whats the adv of social primates?

Quick Reply