Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Just had a Snow White moment was out taken a walk and I found three grey squirrels, two ran away but one let me get about two feet away and I was about to take a pic and was talking to it and it moved closer to me until an evil meanie car drove up and then it ran away.
    Least I know I never scared it away makes me really want to get into pet and wildlife photography. Been considering it as a hobby for a while now
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a park by the ferry dock to the statue of liberty in new york city and the squirrels there are so friendly. I fed one by hand and another climbed up my jeans' leg. I love squirrels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Just had a Snow White moment was out taken a walk and I found three grey squirrels, two ran away but one let me get about two feet away and I was about to take a pic and was talking to it and it moved closer to me until an evil meanie car drove up and then it ran away.
    Least I know I never scared it away makes me really want to get into pet and wildlife photography. Been considering it as a hobby for a while now
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline has loads of squirrels that come right up to you and let you touch them if you bring food for them! :woo: Well worth a visit if you're ever down that way.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline has loads of squirrels that come right up to you and let you touch them if you bring food for them! :woo: Well worth a visit if you're ever down that way.
    Aww that sounds brilliant never been to Dunfermline It seems pretty near Edinburgh though and I stay over there a couple of times a year so will need to check out that park next time I go and the weather is nice

ReputationRep:
    Saw my psychiatrist - she doesn't know what to do with me as I'm on crazy doses yet the voices are still bothersome. She has referred me to her supervisor. Seeing him tomorrow. Everytime I go to this place I worry they're going to section me so I have to really watch what I say. In fact, I saw the psychiatrist who did section me in the corridor today; I gave her my very best scowl.

On another note, when I was getting lunch with my spouse, one of her colleagues brought his puppy in. She was absolutely adorable; a 10 week old brown labrador. And so soft! :love: My mum got a puppy a few weeks ago but I can't afford the plane tickets to visit her. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Its ok, yeah im not too sure coming off meds is a good idea but also i want a med free 2017.

Yeah he left me back in may still get down about it now. But ill get there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw :hugs:
    Well depends how you're feeling tbh, but if you feel its better on them then id say stick with that for the time being.
    But I know the feeling, hopefully that can be achieved! I believe in you!

Aww no I'm so sorry to hear that! But you're better off without him! You're too good for him and deserve someone amazing! Please dont feel down about it :console:
    He made a mistake in leaving you and you're the winner here
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Started feeling really ill today. Quite shakey, feel sick, and have bad stomach cramps. Don't know if it's the med changes or what but I'm not feeling good at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Started feeling really ill today. Quite shakey, feel sick, and have bad stomach cramps. Don't know if it's the med changes or what but I'm not feeling good at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could be the citalopram increase. The symptoms you mention are pretty common with SSRIs both starting and increasing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As Saber said, most likely the medication increase. :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It could be the citalopram increase. The symptoms you mention are pretty common with SSRIs both starting and increasing.
    (Original post by Airmed)
    As Saber said, most likely the medication increase. :hugs:
    Thanks guys :hugs: Did try to have a read up on it earlier but my head's a bit of a mess so I couldn't concentrate on the tiny text on my phone :laugh: At least it should settle down then, that's good
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks guys :hugs: Did try to have a read up on it earlier but my head's a bit of a mess so I couldn't concentrate on the tiny text on my phone :laugh: At least it should settle down then, that's good
    Just don't try and stress or strain yourself. Medication changes are funny things!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Just don't try and stress or strain yourself. Medication changes are funny things!
    Super long day at college tomorrow, so hopefully I can get through that. I managed the afternoon today just about, but we'll see :laugh: You're not wrong there!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww sorry to hear that :console:
    As others have said, the most likely cause is the increase in dosage for the medication. It should subside as your body adapts. If not then itd be another trip to the docs.
    But I do Hope you feel better soon!
    It must be awful to be experiencing that :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    There's an app called Epocrates which is awesome for looking up drugs. It has stuff like side/adverse effects and a very handy interaction checker as well as loads of other useful stuff.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nauzene-Sto.../dp/B000GCI97I I don't know if Boots/Superdrug has these but they are really good for stomach upset (though they should be cheaper than Amazon!)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    There's an app called Epocrates which is awesome for looking up drugs. It has stuff like side/adverse effects and a very handy interaction checker as well as loads of other useful stuff.
    That sounds brill! I was taking loads of painkillers for ages until the other week when a nurse at the hospital looked at me horrified and said I couldn't do that because I'm on citalopram. Sounds like I could definitely do with that :laugh: Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Aww sorry to hear that :console:
    As others have said, the most likely cause is the increase in dosage for the medication. It should subside as your body adapts. If not then itd be another trip to the docs.
    But I do Hope you feel better soon!
    It must be awful to be experiencing that :hugs:
    Hoping it doesn't mean that because this is the only prescription in years (and about 15-20 different medications) that I haven't had a nasty reaction to :laugh: Thanks :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nauzene-Sto.../dp/B000GCI97I I don't know if Boots/Superdrug has these but they are really good for stomach upset (though they should be cheaper than Amazon!)
    Just saw the edit, I'll look them up! I've only had prescription strength ones before for other medications, so it'll be nice to get some OTC

ReputationRep:
    I'm so angry with myself. I'm trying to do the practice questions for an exam on Thursday and I just can't put together in my head what to do. Voices are laughing so loud and I can't do this very basic maths. It's like "you need to give 3mg, you have 100mg/15ml, how many ml?". I can tell it's very simple but I keep mixing up numbers and have no idea what to do. I can't even do that example one I just gave. :banghead: I feel incredibly frustrated. I don't like asking my spouse for help because she gets angry (and rightly so) at the fact I can't do something a 10 year old can. :cry2:

Had the most horrendous day ever, I've had enough, I don't even care anymore. Feel so low, I just want things to be over
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Had the most horrendous day ever, I've had enough, I don't even care anymore. Feel so low, I just want things to be over
    Hey, I'm really sorry to hear you've had a really bad day :hugs: What things do you want to be over?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so angry with myself. I'm trying to do the practice questions for an exam on Thursday and I just can't put together in my head what to do. Voices are laughing so loud and I can't do this very basic maths. It's like "you need to give 3mg, you have 100mg/15ml, how many ml?". I can tell it's very simple but I keep mixing up numbers and have no idea what to do. I can't even do that example one I just gave. :banghead: I feel incredibly frustrated. I don't like asking my spouse for help because she gets angry (and rightly so) at the fact I can't do something a 10 year old can. :cry2:
    Don't be angry with yourself. When it starts getting confusing take a 5 minute break and have some tea or hot chocolate or summin then actually write down everything step by step
    example:
    100mg in 15ml
    3mg needed
    100mg/3mg = 33.3 times smaller
    15ml/33.3 times = 0.45 ml needed

or use
    number of measures = amount prescribed / amount per measure

remember write the units too it helps if you're confused. it happens to me too dw
    your s/o shouldn't get angry at you, you're obviously stressed out and frustrated - they're meant to be here to support you

check this out too
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzndeh/mathpack.pdf
    it helps bc it gives nice formulae you could remember but dont do that if you think you'll start mixing them up haha - but they could be useful as a checking method

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.