The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bayern have signed Boateng from Manchester City today. Alex leaving Chelsea for Bayern seems less likely now but it´s still a possibility.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
Glad to see Bebe tearing it up for Besiktas
What did he do?
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
What did he do?
Scored on his debut.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
Scored on his debut.
If that was Bebe tearing it up, I'd love to see when he is 'ripping' it up!

Interesting to see how he does, can't see a future for him at OT though.
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
If that was Bebe tearing it up, I'd love to see when he is 'ripping' it up!

Interesting to see how he does, can't see a future for him at OT though.
Well i didn't mean it literally. Just a phrase, after he scored
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Hmmm.. dunno how I feel about having signed Axel Witsel. Dude has been a legend for my Benfica team in past FM games, but to actually see that transfer become a reality is quite something..

It is a great coup IMO, but an unnecessary one.. we must have about 15 midfielders at the moment..

And I really do hope that David Simao gets some chances or maybe even loan him out again to Guimaraes or something.. great potential in that guy. Did you see that "jogada" he did against Dijon last night (cant believe we lost ¬_¬)?

That dude is a beast I tell you.. I can just see it now; he'll waste his time at Benfica, we'll sell him to Betis and then a year later, Porto will snap him up and he'll become amazing..
You do have a very large squad but you need a LB more than anything right now though, so spending €6.5m on a guy who isn’t really needed is pretty silly.

With the squad you have now Simao will even fail to make it on the bench at times, which will be a shame, so maybe a loan somewhere would be better for him. But like I said to you with Rosa..the guys have to be given a chance with Benfica if they want to become something “big” and not keep being loaned out. It’s all good saying they’ve had a good season here and there for the smaller clubs (I know both Rosa and Simao did) but it’d be good to actually see what they’re like playing for Benfica.

You do have some great young talent but they aren’t really given a chance with the first team, but signing someone like Witsel just seems a bit odd. Surely there must be a reason behind it though, I mean..maybe Aimar is leaving? I can’t really see that happening but there must be a reason behind it, it just seems a bit odd to go and buy another midfield player(when you’ve just spent €5m on Perez), then spend €6.5m on him when he’s not needed and he seems kinda too good just to be “back up” on the bench. I was hoping that Jara would stand more of a chance at the first team, but with the signings of Perez, Cesar, Coelho, and now Witsel..where the hell does he fit in?

Ah, you lost? I've not been home for the past few days so i've kinda missed the pre-season stuff lately. How did you manage that? And that'd be a no to seeing what Simao did. Ha, i wouldn't mind him at Porto (i know they play different positions) but i'd rather Pizzi. If there is one guy who i want to do well this season then it's this guy (apart from some of the Porto boys of course) there's just something about Pizzi that i really like, so i'm hoping he does well.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
hhahaahhaahhahahha :laugh:
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
:rofl:
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone wrote in the comments "I bet it was Pepe driving" :rofl:
aa22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
You do have a very large squad but you need a LB more than anything right now though, so spending €6.5m on a guy who isn’t really needed is pretty silly.

With the squad you have now Simao will even fail to make it on the bench at times, which will be a shame, so maybe a loan somewhere would be better for him. But like I said to you with Rosa..the guys have to be given a chance with Benfica if they want to become something “big” and not keep being loaned out. It’s all good saying they’ve had a good season here and there for the smaller clubs (I know both Rosa and Simao did) but it’d be good to actually see what they’re like playing for Benfica.

You do have some great young talent but they aren’t really given a chance with the first team, but signing someone like Witsel just seems a bit odd. Surely there must be a reason behind it though, I mean..maybe Aimar is leaving? I can’t really see that happening but there must be a reason behind it, it just seems a bit odd to go and buy another midfield player(when you’ve just spent €5m on Perez), then spend €6.5m on him when he’s not needed and he seems kinda too good just to be “back up” on the bench. I was hoping that Jara would stand more of a chance at the first team, but with the signings of Perez, Cesar, Coelho, and now Witsel..where the hell does he fit in?

Ah, you lost? I've not been home for the past few days so i've kinda missed the pre-season stuff lately. How did you manage that? And that'd be a no to seeing what Simao did. Ha, i wouldn't mind him at Porto (i know they play different positions) but i'd rather Pizzi. If there is one guy who i want to do well this season then it's this guy (apart from some of the Porto boys of course) there's just something about Pizzi that i really like, so i'm hoping he does well.
Hmmmmmmm...

Totally agree with youu... there was no need to get Witsel, and I really hope Aimar isnt leaving. I think Saviola has lost it now and if Jesus notices it, I think Jara could very easily take that place this year (he is a striker after all).

The one thing about Witsel though, is that I think he the perfect replacement for Ramires. He is pretty much a "box to box" and decent at defending so he could do the right wing really well.
But if that is the case then players like Enzo and Urreta will be cast aside.. I really like Urreta, I think he's probably the best winger we currently have, but it seems that Jesus just doesnt see it.

And again, if Witsel plays in the middle, then what about Matic (who does pretty much the same thing)? He's been very very good so far, very promising, but hopefully he stays atleast as Javi's sub.

I havent even mentioned Bruno Cesar (excellent), Nolito or Rodrigo yet >_<... and lets not forget Gaitan, Carlos Martins and Amorim either >___________<

There is no chance Nuno Coelho is gonna stay, maybe Andre Almeida will be leaving as well. But, knowing that you need to have a minimum of 8 home-grown players, I can see them (Simao included) staying the squad and then rotting on the bench.

They've made the same mistakes as last year.... last year we didnt fix our main problems (wings) and this season we are spending like idiots on the midfield, and not doing anything about the defence.
And I rreeeeeeaaallly hope Carole isnt thrown out. That dude has potential to make us forget Coentrao IMO.

If Pizzi stays at Braga, he can really become the next big thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmMX455LcY (check 1:35 )
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Hmmmmmmm...

Totally agree with youu... there was no need to get Witsel, and I really hope Aimar isnt leaving. I think Saviola has lost it now and if Jesus notices it, I think Jara could very easily take that place this year (he is a striker after all).

The one thing about Witsel though, is that I think he the perfect replacement for Ramires. He is pretty much a "box to box" and decent at defending so he could do the right wing really well.
But if that is the case then players like Enzo and Urreta will be cast aside.. I really like Urreta, I think he's probably the best winger we currently have, but it seems that Jesus just doesnt see it.

And again, if Witsel plays in the middle, then what about Matic (who does pretty much the same thing)? He's been very very good so far, very promising, but hopefully he stays atleast as Javi's sub.

I havent even mentioned Bruno Cesar (excellent), Nolito or Rodrigo yet >_<... and lets not forget Gaitan, Carlos Martins and Amorim either >___________<

There is no chance Nuno Coelho is gonna stay, maybe Andre Almeida will be leaving as well. But, knowing that you need to have a minimum of 8 home-grown players, I can see them (Simao included) staying the squad and then rotting on the bench.

They've made the same mistakes as last year.... last year we didnt fix our main problems (wings) and this season we are spending like idiots on the midfield, and not doing anything about the defence.
And I rreeeeeeaaallly hope Carole isnt thrown out. That dude has potential to make us forget Coentrao IMO.

If Pizzi stays at Braga, he can really become the next big thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmMX455LcY (check 1:35 )
I like Aimar and it would be a shame if it means that the signing of this young guy means he’ll be shown the door, but it just doesn’t make sense signing him. I’m quite interested to see your starting line up for the first game now, as I want to see how JJ can make this work with everyone. Probably by January the ones who have been sitting on the bench all winter will want out as I can’t see him being able to keep everyone happy, even if he does rotate the midfield lot often. At least if you get an injury you’ve got back up! After watching that video you need defence!! Ha, where the hell were they? And nice by Simao..but this guy needs regular football for you, not other teams!

I forgot about Matic, I don’t see how this can work, ha! Almeida has been loaned to Belem, I remember reading it when I read about Rosa going there, another one went there too as there was 3 of them but I can’t think of the last one.
Braga have lost quite a few decent players and their manager which is a shame but you got it, he needs to stay there and not go off to Zenit or anywhere like that.

And ah, it’s official that Falcao has extended his contract until 2015 (which means nothing these days), and most importantly his clause has increased to €45m! I quite like how we do well to get them to sign new contracts mainly just to push their clauses up! Anyway, he said he hopes to be in Porto to start the season with his team mates soon. And now according to Abola Rolando has said that he feels good and happy to be with Porto when last week he stated he wanted to go to Chelsea.. but it’s on Abola so whatever to them, I still feel he wants to leave! Such a rubbish website but you can’t help to look at it..a bit like goal.com

I’ve just read that “apparently” Porto has placed Alvaro on the transfer list...what the hell?! Whether there is truth in that I don’t know but it better not be true!
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like Aimar and it would be a shame if it means that the signing of this young guy means he’ll be shown the door, but it just doesn’t make sense signing him. I’m quite interested to see your starting line up for the first game now, as I want to see how JJ can make this work with everyone. Probably by January the ones who have been sitting on the bench all winter will want out as I can’t see him being able to keep everyone happy, even if he does rotate the midfield lot often. At least if you get an injury you’ve got back up! After watching that video you need defence!! Ha, where the hell were they? And nice by Simao..but this guy needs regular football for you, not other teams!

I forgot about Matic, I don’t see how this can work, ha! Almeida has been loaned to Belem, I remember reading it when I read about Rosa going there, another one went there too as there was 3 of them but I can’t think of the last one.
Braga have lost quite a few decent players and their manager which is a shame but you got it, he needs to stay there and not go off to Zenit or anywhere like that.

And ah, it’s official that Falcao has extended his contract until 2015 (which means nothing these days), and most importantly his clause has increased to €45m! I quite like how we do well to get them to sign new contracts mainly just to push their clauses up! Anyway, he said he hopes to be in Porto to start the season with his team mates soon. And now according to Abola Rolando has said that he feels good and happy to be with Porto when last week he stated he wanted to go to Chelsea.. but it’s on Abola so whatever to them, I still feel he wants to leave! Such a rubbish website but you can’t help to look at it..a bit like goal.com

I’ve just read that “apparently” Porto has placed Alvaro on the transfer list...what the hell?! Whether there is truth in that I don’t know but it better not be true!
Hmm.. yeh, Simao needs to be playing for us. He reminds me of the beginning of Wilshere's rise to fame at Arsenal, except Arsenal actually gave him chances

Dont think Andre Almeida has been loaned out yet Otherwise he'd have gone by now.. I think he's in the Guadiana squad for tonight.

Lol, you'll do well to keep Falcao for another year... and LOL Rolando thinking he's good enough for Chelsea. Honestly, I dont rate Rolando at all..

Well, you've already robbed a Benfica target for the left-back position.. so..... maybe he's on his way out?
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Hmm.. yeh, Simao needs to be playing for us. He reminds me of the beginning of Wilshere's rise to fame at Arsenal, except Arsenal actually gave him chances

Dont think Andre Almeida has been loaned out yet Otherwise he'd have gone by now.. I think he's in the Guadiana squad for tonight.

Lol, you'll do well to keep Falcao for another year... and LOL Rolando thinking he's good enough for Chelsea. Honestly, I dont rate Rolando at all..

Well, you've already robbed a Benfica target for the left-back position.. so..... maybe he's on his way out?
Ah, i'm possibly wrong then, i can't even find the link where i read it now too! But i thought 3 of your guys were loaned out to them and Almeida was one of them.

Haha, i know..If Rolando wants to go then let him, he'll be no big loss like when Carvalho/Bruno Alves left. He has a clause of €30m...no one will pay that much for him anyway!

Oh, really? I've missed this bit of news then. Aw, i like Alvaro though! I expected since AVB left that the rest would have followed him out the door..but so far it's been pretty quiet, i'm just hoping it doesn't get left until the last hour of transfer deadline when they go. If they're to go then i rather they go now! But at the moment i'm quite enjoying this transfer window for a change.
tvdx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Regarding the Coentrao to Real Madrid transfer - I read somewhere that having an attacking left back behind Ronaldo is necessary to allow him to play his best football. Because he cuts inside onto his right foot, an attacking presence is needed on the left side, hence why Marcelo is favoured. Arbeloa isn't a suitable back up (he's not very attacking), whereas Coentrao is very very attacking.
I concede it does seem greedy to have 2 quality left backs in one team, but when the result is getting the best out of the second best player in the world, it sort of makes more sense.
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Madrid vs La Galaxy

Awesome
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Apparently, City have accepted Corinthians' third Tevez bid.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah, i'm possibly wrong then, i can't even find the link where i read it now too! But i thought 3 of your guys were loaned out to them and Almeida was one of them.

Haha, i know..If Rolando wants to go then let him, he'll be no big loss like when Carvalho/Bruno Alves left. He has a clause of €30m...no one will pay that much for him anyway!

Oh, really? I've missed this bit of news then. Aw, i like Alvaro though! I expected since AVB left that the rest would have followed him out the door..but so far it's been pretty quiet, i'm just hoping it doesn't get left until the last hour of transfer deadline when they go. If they're to go then i rather they go now! But at the moment i'm quite enjoying this transfer window for a change.
Yeh.. personally I think Otamendi will be the star of your defense very soon..

I think you've signed Alex Sandro for the left-back position. A player that had lots of rumours about him going to Benfica (mainly on Abola and Record though), and it seems Porto have signed him up.. the player even tweeted it that he'll be at the Dragao soon..
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tvdx)
Regarding the Coentrao to Real Madrid transfer - I read somewhere that having an attacking left back behind Ronaldo is necessary to allow him to play his best football. Because he cuts inside onto his right foot, an attacking presence is needed on the left side, hence why Marcelo is favoured. Arbeloa isn't a suitable back up (he's not very attacking), whereas Coentrao is very very attacking.
I concede it does seem greedy to have 2 quality left backs in one team, but when the result is getting the best out of the second best player in the world, it sort of makes more sense.
I sincerely hope that Mou doesnt ruin the left-back in Coentrao by playing him in the centre of mid/right-winger/defensive mid/etc...

Mainly for selfish reasons (Portugal haven't had a left-back this good probably ever), but I guess if he's at least getting playing time its ok..
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just thought i'd share this interesting commentator with you guys

IBRA IBRA!

oh and this one

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads