Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galin)
    Omg exactly!! That exam was absolutely disastrous
    Omg I know right; you know how they give you five minutes to look through the paper? Yeah I was feeling okay flicking through the pages...and then the speaker starting gabbling some absurd alien tongue and I was just like: :eyeball:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Omg I know right; you know how they give you five minutes to look through the paper? Yeah I was feeling okay flicking through the pages...and then the speaker starting gabbling some absurd alien tongue and I was just like: :eyeball:
    You just described what happened to me in the exam room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    Yeah my friends told me how hard the French Listening exam was, I'm just hoping that the aqa boundaries are not ridiculous for Spanish.
    For some reason Spanish is usually higher than French for AQA. Yeah, I hope so too

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah I made up most of the stuff in the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    You just described what happened to me in the exam room.
    Describing has always been a forte of mine I was least worried about French as well...and you know what happened? I accidently (:facepalm:) skipped a page; wondered why absolutely nothing made sense; went back a page (felt like dying) and had to put a guess...something about lessons? Somehow I think AQA may sprinkle some bad luck on us.

ReputationRep:
    How you guys feeling?
    I more curious for the ISA as its a new format than last year and i have no idea of the grade boundaries? Anybody got any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for me on results day ???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Describing has always been a forte of mine I was least worried about French as well...and you know what happened? I accidently (:facepalm:) skipped a page; wondered why absolutely nothing made sense; went back a page (felt like dying) and had to put a guess...something about lessons? Somehow I think AQA may sprinkle some bad luck on us.
    I guessed some as well, it was exactly clear especially the one about embarrassing moments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try not to panic and open them where you feel comfortable (away from your friends if you prefer)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No matter what you get just remember that it isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    I guessed some as well, it was exactly clear especially the one about embarrassing moments.
    Benefits of multiple choice languages :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galin)
    Haha, yeah I made up most of the stuff in the paper
    Didn't we all Ah well; hopefully the grade boundaries will be low; good luck to you both!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't we all Ah well; hopefully the grade boundaries will be low; good luck to you both!
    Thanks! You too
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by techno836)
    Benefits of multiple choice languages :lol:
    I was supposed to right it wasn't exactly clear
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    You too, I just hope that there weren't many French people who took the test but apart from that the grade boundaries should be low.

ReputationRep:
    I was supposed to right it wasn't exactly clear
    haha I know who knows though your guesses could have just got you an A grade :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    haha I know who knows though your guesses could have just got you an A grade :lol:
    I hope so, coursework was a high A so that should bail me out if I mess up

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, coursework was a high A so that should bail me out if I mess up
    haha well my friend was better than my at Spanish and I beat her :lol: she only got a high C overall and I got a high B (top in the class ) was happy as there were a lot of year 11's in that class :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    haha well my friend was better than my at Spanish and I beat her :lol: she only got a high C overall and I got a high B (top in the class ) was happy as there were a lot of year 11's in that class :lol:
    Oh that's good.

Which subjects have you already got grades for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my GCSE results on the 22nd, and i'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and a fourth subject in college, but i don't know what to do?? i want to do something easier than the subjects i'm taking, so it's not too much.. any advice? i was thinking of doing psychology or I.T but im not sure also i want to go into a career like medicine or dentistry

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.