The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got an email last night from ucas saying something had changed, had a look and there it was - didn't have to wait too long as my interview was only on tuesday
Does anyone know where you can find out the percentage of pupils receiving free school meals?
Original post by andy1234567
Got an email last night from ucas saying something had changed, had a look and there it was - didn't have to wait too long as my interview was only on tuesday

Ah thanks for letting me know. Yeah mine was on Tuesday too but for a different subject so it may be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomasawdry
Does anyone know where you can find out the percentage of pupils receiving free school meals?

Maybe OFSTED reports, if you're talking about individual schools.
Reply 4064

Should be on here. Just search for the school you need.

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/
Received a conditional offer from the IOE for Secondary English! :smile: Now to revise for the Numeracy skills test.
Hi everyone! I have my skills tests coming up in the next week and I was quite confident about passing them until I heard that the layout will be changing this year :afraid:. There isn't much information about it online so I'm pretty confused...:confused: Have they already brought in the new format or are the tests following the same layout as the previous years? Please tell me they're still the same!!! I have an interview at Brunel for PGCE secondary science in mid-January so I can't afford to fail these tests.
Original post by Mona Lisa
Hi everyone! I have my skills tests coming up in the next week and I was quite confident about passing them until I heard that the layout will be changing this year :afraid:. There isn't much information about it online so I'm pretty confused...:confused: Have they already brought in the new format or are the tests following the same layout as the previous years? Please tell me they're still the same!!! I have an interview at Brunel for PGCE secondary science in mid-January so I can't afford to fail these tests.

No they're not changing. They're exactly the same as the practice ones!
Good luck!
Original post by bellylaugh
No they're not changing. They're exactly the same as the practice ones!
Good luck!

Oh that's fantastic news! Thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 4069
Has anyone heard from Greenwich after an interview? I had mine on Tuesday and was hoping I'd hear back before Christmas :/

I had an interview on the same day - what were you applying for? I heard back on wednesday, but reply time will differ substantially by department.

Original post by Mona Lisa

They were going to make them more difficult, and change the format too, but ran out of time in the end. So they're exactly the same this year, but my bet is they will definitely change by the 2015 cycle.

Original post by madl24903
Newman College, Birmingham - Unsuccessful - What am I doing wrong?!! :confused:

We can't really answer that without seeing your application, but could it be perhaps a lack of experience? Or maybe your degree isn't fully relevant to your chosen subject/the national curriculum? If you were rejected without interview, it's a problem with your application. If you got through to interview, than it will be an issue with interview skills (as not everyone is interviewed, it's safe to assume that your application was enough to at least be considered).

Original post by Alicep87
Unsuccessful without interview for Nottingham Uni and a school direct through the Uni. I have an interview for my other choice (SD) in Jan so my application can't be that bad! I have a sneaking suspicion it's because my degree isn't History, does anyone know if I can contact the Uni to find out?

You can send the admissions department an e-mail and they will let you know, but some universities can be helpful whilst others will just send a generic "high competition for places" e-mail.

Original post by sandyN91
I just received a conditional offer from IoE so happy!!!!!!!!! Ive just gotta pass the numeracy skills test now, dreading it. How long do they give you to pass the test? I gotta do some serious revision over the holiday! Ahhhh yaaaaay

My offer gave me 6 work weeks to pass the test, which I think is pretty standard for IoE. Are you planning on accepting the place?
Original post by tory88

They were going to make them more difficult, and change the format too, but ran out of time in the end. So they're exactly the same this year, but my bet is they will definitely change by the 2015 cycle.

Oh that explains it. Ta very much for your help!
Original post by sandyN91
I just received a conditional offer from IoE so happy!!!!!!!!! Ive just gotta pass the numeracy skills test now, dreading it. How long do they give you to pass the test? I gotta do some serious revision over the holiday! Ahhhh yaaaaay

I got a conditional offer too, so have 60 days to pass the tests....luckily I've already passed both. Good luck!
Reply 4072
Original post by bellylaugh
I got a conditional offer too, so have 60 days to pass the tests....luckily I've already passed both. Good luck!

Well done!!!! How i wish I was in ur position! Hopefully soon!
Reply 4073
My offer gave me 6 work weeks to pass the test, which I think is pretty standard for IoE. Are you planning on accepting the place?

I defo want to go to IoE, I received an email n he said he'll send me the condition letter when we back from holidays so I am assuming my 6 weeks starts then? Im hoping to get the skills test [numeracy] out of the way early Jan so lots of practice n revising this holidays! Wish me luck! Well done on your offer too!
I don't know the way PGCE admissions work but you'd think there would be a system so that they don't give out all their offers in December. Just thinking about it because I have two interviews in January and keep panicking they would have seen loads of interviews in December so may have given all their offers out!

Also a little confused how the allocated places work. This year one of my choices has 18 places, so they will no doubt give many more offers than this. What happens if they go over? Do they just have to pay extra or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
I don't know the way PGCE admissions work but you'd think there would be a system so that they don't give out all their offers in December. Just thinking about it because I have two interviews in January and keep panicking they would have seen loads of interviews in December so may have given all their offers out!

Also a little confused how the allocated places work. This year one of my choices has 18 places, so they will no doubt give many more offers than this. What happens if they go over? Do they just have to pay extra or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope not! I have an interview in February. :tongue:

Also, yes, they'll probably offer more than they get. If they have too many students I hear they get fined, but that might just be undergrad. There might be difficulties with placement etc.
Reply 4076
I've applied to Newcastle, got an interview the 20th!
(edited 10 years ago)
Is anyone going to be going to st Mary's for primary in sept? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andrea199
Is anyone going to be going to st Mary's for primary in sept? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied but haven't had my interview yet. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering if anyone had an interview for UWE primary last week and has or has not received an offer. I've heard from quite a few people have got offers so wondered if this means i've been unsuccessful :/

Latest

Trending

Trending