Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Tbf, i would place the majority of the blame with the owner Dave Allen who is just asset stripping. He claims that 30% of money from player sales is reinvested into the squad with 70% going on debt, but we haven't seen so much as 1% yet. In January we sold the country's top scorer Eoin Doyle for £850k and replaced him with a £10k league 2 player who Cheltenham (who later got relegated to non league) didn't want.
    My god I don't miss old Dave Allen at Hillsborough. Every now and then I still need to rant about him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coventry bag Boro kid - and England U19 captain - Bryn Morris on a loan deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    My god I don't miss old Dave Allen at Hillsborough. Every now and then I still need to rant about him.
    Yeah I remember a while back you warned me about him and I was pretty defensive of him. Opinions are changing...

ReputationRep:
    Back on this thread seeing predictions of our success, how lovely!

How are all the regulars?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Be interesting to see how Gary Caldwell acclimatises to life in the third tier with his Wigan side today. He's up against his mentor Tony Mowbray at the Ricoh, too, which adds spice to the occasion.

It's good to have it back.

ReputationRep:
    Shambolic season last season for Orient, hopefully this season we'll get straight forward promotion, but that's the thing, 2 seasons ago we narrowly missed out on the Championship and this season we're in the League Two
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Two late goals at Elland Road, and a late equaliser from Noone - of stunning quality - in Cardiff to deny Fulham.

ReputationRep:
    What a way to open a season, btw Football league will be broadcast on Channel 5 now at 9pm???

ReputationRep:
    Rotherham vs MK Dons could be a potential six pointer, 1-1.
    Walsall, Gillingham, Bradford & Wycombe all leading
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Rotherham vs MK Dons could be a potential six pointer, 1-1.
    Walsall, Gillingham, Bradford & Wycombe all leading
    Indeed, and thought I'd screenshot the table for MK as doubt it'll be anything near this good after the first half hour:
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-08-08_15-32-10.png
Views: 38
Size:  103.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Indeed, and thought I'd screenshot the table for MK as doubt it'll be anything near this good after the first half hour:
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-08-08_15-32-10.png
Views: 38
Size:  103.9 KB
    1-3 to the Dons now, good opportunity to rack up some goal difference
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    1-3 to the Dons now, good opportunity to rack up some goal difference
    I'd rather we shut up shop and make sure we get the 3 points. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hull lead Huddersfield & 'Clucas-ade' is arguably the worst player pun I've ever heard

ReputationRep:
    Burton scored their first goal in the 3rd tier, good on them

ReputationRep:
    Wigan are just so terrible. Would not be surprised if they end the campaign relegates once again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who annoys me more, Wigan or QPR. sad to see these clubs fall. Charlton 2-0 QPR.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Carl Baker! :woo: 4-1 to MK.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God no. Barnet are a goal down, 1-0 to Leyton Orient. 15 minutes to go, come on let's get an equaliser.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 now two goals within a minute

ReputationRep:
    Very good performance against Peterborough today and the second goal was well taken. Probably should have been more than the two goals.

Oh it's wonderful when a team of free transfers and academy products perform like they do for us. A 19 year old from the youth academy with a goal and a 20 year old as our captain. Jamie Allen - remember the name.

Sheffield United and Bradford got battered too, early days though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.