Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Kane basically saving my GW. Was going terrible. Nobody > 2 points before, terrible captain choice in Sig, had Hutton on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    51 points, suddenly my week doesn't look so bad. Had like 18 before this game started :lol:
    i was having a terrible week until this game:

kane with 2 goals, 2 assists
    costa with a goal
    hazard with a goal
    fabregas with an assist

before bonus points i'll have 62 points.
    jesus.

(Original post by Cll_ws)
    Benched Kane
    that's gotta hurt :/

in your defence, who expected spurs to thrash chelsea realistically?

ReputationRep:
    anybody captaining kane is gonna feel so smug.

kane as captain will get you 38 points for a player worth 5.4m

ReputationRep:
    5 goals for Spurs and Eriksen got nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    5 goals for Spurs and Eriksen got nothing!
    Likewise Hazard completely made 2 goals and scored nothing for them. He was phenomenal and the only thing that prevented Chelsea being on the end of a one-way drubbing, but he'll only be awarded a few points towards the bonus point tot up or whatever, that ultimately amounts to nothing. One thing that the telegraph game has on FPL is they award two assists frequently, as will be the case for Hazard (x2) and Eriksen tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Surely after that game Filipe Luis will start soon. Can see Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill being rotated at CB. Would be a steal at 5.3m.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll be sliding down the table after that. Kane in for me now defo lol. Only saving grace is I won my head to head to maintain my 5 point lead at the top.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Benched Chadli- 2 assists and a goal 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Likewise Hazard completely made 2 goals and scored nothing for them. He was phenomenal and the only thing that prevented Chelsea being on the end of a one-way drubbing, but he'll only be awarded a few points towards the bonus point tot up or whatever, that ultimately amounts to nothing. One thing that the telegraph game has on FPL is they award two assists frequently, as will be the case for Hazard (x2) and Eriksen tonight.
    Do like that about telegraph fpl. How are you getting on in that one? I'm top 700 with 22 transfers left. Theoretically the bonus points do slightly reflect the chances created etc. but it's so tilted towards goals and assists that it's only ever really a tie breaker when multiple players do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narcissist)
    Do like that about telegraph fpl. How are you getting on in that one? I'm top 700 with 22 transfers left. Theoretically the bonus points do slightly reflect the chances created etc. but it's so tilted towards goals and assists that it's only ever really a tie breaker when multiple players do well.
    I play in a league of 6 where we have an auction at the start of the season. We just use the TFF interface to play our game, so I don't pay any attention to overall standings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Benched Kane
    I benched Kane too

Also I bought in Cahill in GW17 and has gotten 6,7,2,0 points. I toyed between him and Terry who has gotten 15,15,2,6

I think I may have to quit this game

ReputationRep:
    My bench:

Alnwick (1), Terry (6), S Taylor (7) and Kane (18)

But Hart didn't play so in comes Alnwick, phew!!

Benched Sigs & Hutton (16) for Terry & Kane (4) last week too. Ugggh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    My bench:

Alnwick (1), Terry (6), S Taylor (7) and Kane (18)

But Hart didn't play so in comes Alnwick, phew!!

Benched Sigs & Hutton (16) for Terry & Kane (4) last week too. Ugggh
    Mate I'm so sorry.
    It actually hurts to see so many points on the bench.

I think many people may have benched kane since they expected chelsea to destroy Spurs.
    I had him on first sub but he came on for welbeck.

Decided I'm getting rid of dat guy.
    For 7m+ he just doesn't justify his value whatsoever when you currently have players like Austin and Kane around.

Really I'm just waiting for Sturridge/Aguero to return so I can bring one in.
    Would cost too much for Sturridge, Aguero and Costa so it'll be a tough choice to decide who to leave out.
    Probably Sturridge unless Liverpool drastically improve with him in the team.

ReputationRep:
    OK turn of teh year and I am 8th in my work league (out of 13), think the title is beyond me but I want to push for the top 4, at the moment I'm about 50 pts off 4th so want to climb in to that. Have made a lot of mistakes so far which I will learn from for next year (this is my first season playing it), I want to try and have some months where I'm in the top 2 in my work league for points in that month, so definitely not giving up!

Here's how my team is at the turn of the year:

GK: Guzan, Heaton
    Def: Clyne, Chambers, Alderwereid, Taylor, Clichy
    Mid: Sanchez, Eriksen, Fabregas, Ki Sung-Yueng, Hazard
    For: Kane, Austin, Costa

I have £0.6m in the bank

any suggestions on areas to improve/potential signings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    OK turn of teh year and I am 8th in my work league (out of 13), think the title is beyond me but I want to push for the top 4, at the moment I'm about 50 pts off 4th so want to climb in to that. Have made a lot of mistakes so far which I will learn from for next year (this is my first season playing it), I want to try and have some months where I'm in the top 2 in my work league for points in that month, so definitely not giving up!

I have £0.6m in the bank

IMO you've too much money tied up over too many defenders. I'd look to pick 2 I could play every single week. Perhaps Terry and Debuchy and downgrade the others to a set of rotating defenders. Change Terry to someone else if you want yo keep 3 chelsea elsewhere. Wisdom is a good pick with pulis in charge and add two cheap from elsewhere.

In mid downgrade kinti George Boyd to free up 0.5.

Keep some in reserve for Aguero once fit.

ReputationRep:
    With so many good cheap players around, I have to bench an expensive player every week and I just know that it going to come back and haunt me AGAIN after Kane last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narcissist)
    IMO you've too much money tied up over too many defenders. I'd look to pick 2 I could play every single week. Perhaps Terry and Debuchy and downgrade the others to a set of rotating defenders. Change Terry to someone else if you want yo keep 3 chelsea elsewhere. Wisdom is a good pick with pulis in charge and add two cheap from elsewhere.

In mid downgrade kinti George Boyd to free up 0.5.

Keep some in reserve for Aguero once fit.
    Would you say get Aguero instead of Costa? I'm still debating this tbh....coming back from injury I wonder if he will be quite as effective.

Although there is a danger that if I hold on to Costa everyone is going to ditch him to get Aguero so he might lose value so I have to go with the crowd.

I don't want to swap Austin or Kane tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Would you say get Aguero instead of Costa? I'm still debating this tbh....coming back from injury I wonder if he will be quite as effective.

Although there is a danger that if I hold on to Costa everyone is going to ditch him to get Aguero so he might lose value so I have to go with the crowd.

I don't want to swap Austin or Kane tbh.
    Depends on form but with Hazard and Fabregas you're covered strongly for Chelsea attackers without Costa whereas you've no attacking City players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mate I'm so sorry.
    It actually hurts to see so many points on the bench.

I think many people may have benched kane since they expected chelsea to destroy Spurs.
    I had him on first sub but he came on for welbeck.

Decided I'm getting rid of dat guy.
    For 7m+ he just doesn't justify his value whatsoever when you currently have players like Austin and Kane around.

Really I'm just waiting for Sturridge/Aguero to return so I can bring one in.
    Would cost too much for Sturridge, Aguero and Costa so it'll be a tough choice to decide who to leave out.
    Probably Sturridge unless Liverpool drastically improve with him in the team.
    Ahha. It's always annoying but as long as I made the logical/sensible choice, in the long run it should work out.. I hope

Kane, Austin and Aguero definitely going to be my front 3 I think. Hazard and Fab definitely give enough cover for Chelsea, don't really see Costa justifying his price at all either!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I have £0.6m in the bank

You can play your January WC at some point this month (don't do it now though!). Players in bold are the ones i'd ditch if that were my team. For example Chambers isn't playing atm and Clichy always gets rotated, so you could swap those two for a Chelsea defender and then a cheaper option like Wisdom or Hutton.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.