Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Debating whether to go to Catholic mass in a couple of hours...I want to because I want to see what letting god into my life would be like on the other hand I don't know what to wear and people might TALK to me! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Thank you for seeing what's up I seem to make people unhappy for one. But the real problem is that I don't really know what's wrong. I just don't feel right :sad:
    :hugs: well you make everyone on here happy :yep: I completely understand the feeling sad for no reason thing though a nice warm drink and an early night perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    brain, why you so complicated? only the first day and i'm already confused so many things to learn! :eek:

foodwise, not doing too well atm
    Spoiler:
    Show
    its too easy for me to skip meals around here, nobody questions it :/

(Original post by GEEKHELP)
    thanks to everyone who replied your answers are invaluable because I am genuinely scared about the medication and counseling. I am looking for a career in healthcare science and I don't want my medical records to hinder me in any way. I know most jobs do not look at those records but I have seen some where they ask your GP to say you are ok etc. But my health should come first right?
    hiya! i just thought i'd drop by and say i'm studying medicine and my uni know almost all about my mental health issues, and so far haven't had an issue with me studying your mental health come first, always!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    NO CAPES!

What's an acceptable amount of time to wait before resending a UCAS reference email?
    :lol: But they look so stylish! :puppyeyes:

'fraid I don't quite know - I guess most offices should reply within 48 working hours (i.e. not sunday (maybe not saturday too)) so I guess go by that. :dontknow: Of course could send earlier than that/give it 24 hours probably if you like

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    :lol: I've been really into pink and green together lately, even though they totally clash, so green sounds good to me :nods: and um probably whsmith, i reaaaally hope they have the pens i usually get in there, but i couldn't find them on the website :cry2: :lol: i want to get a reaaaaaally nice planner/diary, but i don't know whether i need folders for uni, so i might just get a few notebooks and buy stuff when im there if i need it :dontknow: highlighters, coloured pens, notebooks, planner, pens and sticky notes are a DEFINITE must though

no, they just start on the 28th i finish on 5th december for christmas though
    Haha It's lime/really bright radioactive-y sorta green Ah - hope you have fun! :lol: Their websites generally quite rubbish I reckon, really difficult to go round/navigate (or at least I think so )
    I'd get folders when you're there - they're quite big/airy when they don't have notes in them/take up excess space (depending how big your car is)
    Sounds good :teehee:

Aaaah okay Freshers starting then, that is? I think we're about the same :woo: We start on the 28th too, actually! (and our freshers is odd in that it's a fortnight, but runs at the same time as lectures start. Not that I really did anything in freshers besides cinema - and will aim to do the same this year )

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    another week of...well...not much of anything...and more...not much of anything.

I mean I guess I could ask my mum for money to pop down a pub for a few pints, but on my own that's kinda sad really I guess, though the thought of getting plastered often appeals to me these days, anything to dull the thoughts in my head.
    This reminded me of this http://l-o-t-r.tumblr.com/post/49193...e-lembas-bread Hope you appreciate with your recent viewings Did you finish 'em? Got to watch them again soon myself Been too long! :eek:
    Silly gif's aside, I'm sorry you don't have much on though :console:

This is just a completely random thought, but have you thought about teaching yourself some coding or something? :dontknow: I just remember reading that it's something that's okay/quite fun to self-teach possibly, and something that I'd personally like to get round to myself

For anon-ing, have you tried Rob's script? or is this on a tablet/phone?

(Original post by Mazzini)
    :wavey:

Don't worry about my gender I'm not particularly fussy about which pronouns people use for me, but I tend to use male ones just for convenience (it's the gender I was assigned at birth).

:ahee: about the thread title
    Okey If you'd rather I used a different one (other than he) then please do say!

I need to join y'all at some point, maybe :ninja: Thinking of joining the CU, or at least the vaguely gospel-y/Xian choir (because they sing actual songs rather than stupid latin stuff :cool:) Anyway... :getmecoat:

(Original post by Porridge510)
    No, its fine! It's good to hear from you too.

I keep waking up and feeling different pain. Like right now my hands hurt. Both. Espically my baby finger on my right hand. What do i do at night. Build something?

Cool. I bought, ambitions expasion, im disappointed though. But still play it. I want to get my moneys worth. Wait. Do i sound tight now.
    That sucks Have you spoken to doctor about it? Do you sleep walk? (I know I used to up til I was about 12 or so :dontknow:)

Don't think it makes you tight :dontknow: Sounds sensible to me to get your money's worth! What I try and do either way - nothing wrong with being careful with money/getting use out of it, imo!

(Original post by IDukem)
    I can't help but think I'm going to struggle to fit in when I go to Uni. I really don't want to be 'just another guy' any more :sad:
    There are so many people at Uni :eek: and you have societies and groups and so many different ways to meet people similar to you - I'm sure you won't have any trouble You were just saying last night how you'd made some people laugh and stuff - I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

Sorry you're not feeling right at the moment You're always making us happier

(Original post by furryface12)
    Does anyone know how to stop yourself shaking? Have been really badly all day and it's driving me mad
    I know when I woke up before exams shaking that going on a quick stroll helped, though I'm also never sure whether I'm shaking for being cold or for anxiety sometimes :dontknow: Can it ever be both? My teeth don't chatter but legs and arms did - luckily not that often at all though.
    I hadn't realised you had ME (or I've forgotten ) - sorry to hear, I know that my brother's friend had/has it and struggled, though he seems to be doing well now - doing a degree at cardiff (sorry if that was random... )

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    mental health services have ruined me.
    :jumphug: :hugs: Around if you need to talk, really sorry they've been useless again Hope moving goes okay tomorrow

(Original post by Tibbz2)
    I've wondered if I have depression for a few years now, or if I'm just unmotivated

Spoiler:
    Show
    My motivation has completely dropped off in the past few months though, everything I used to enjoy has just become boring and pointless :/ I've been really tired constantly since January time, and my doctor has said he thinks I have ME/CFS, which can cause depression, but I'm not sure if this is just depression in the first place... I also have no appetite and generally feel down a lot of the time, some nights I will just cry all night and feel like nothing is working out, and I even feel worried about my relationship and if my partner really wants to be with me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sounds similar to depression to me, both from what I've read and partially what I've experienced with me - though I don't know how it overlaps with ME/CFS, because obviously (if I understand ME enough/vaguely) tiredness definitely comes with that (I think?)
    Sorry that isn't much more help...

Welcome to the thread either way (if you haven't been here before? Sorry if not )

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Debating whether to go to Catholic mass in a couple of hours...I want to because I want to see what letting god into my life would be like on the other hand I don't know what to wear and people might TALK to me! :afraid:
    I can't say about catholic-ness, but in general churches are generally really friendly (at least those I've been to in the UK) - generally for most CofE there's a bit of chatter before the service, then not much talking besides the actual service-ness, and then coffee and biscuits at the end with chatter
    If you tell someone that you're new/if they ask then they might introduce you to some people? :dontknow:
    Don't know what the usual dress code is for catholic stuff - I guess just vaguely smartly

(Original post by PandaWho)
    at a meeting tomorrow, not sure if its uniform or not, and the leader isnt replying to my last email i sent, and im worried that shes not talking to be, because the other day i offered to help with something and she never even ackowledged my offer
    Sure she's not not talking to you :hugs: I'd guess she's just being rubbish with emails in general at the moment? Is the uniform just a shirt over the top? Could you wear a tshirt and bring the shirt along? (and hoodie :awesome: ) (Though it's probably different uniform to brownies than scouts I realise )
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    at a meeting tomorrow, not sure if its uniform or not, and the leader isnt replying to my last email i sent, and im worried that shes not talking to be, because the other day i offered to help with something and she never even ackowledged my offer
    If it's guiding-related you could wear a random hoodie with proper t-shirt underneath, and if the others are in uniform you can just take your hoodie off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Sure she's not not talking to you :hugs: I'd guess she's just being rubbish with emails in general at the moment? Is the uniform just a shirt over the top? Could you wear a tshirt and bring the shirt along? (and hoodie :awesome: ) (Though it's probably different uniform to brownies than scouts I realise )
    dunno, she was saying shes struggling with everything, so iv said i would take something on if she didnt want to, and she hasnt said a word about it, and i could have had it done already... i feel like iv upset her cos i agree with the other assistant leader over her!

i have a rugby shirt, and a hoodie.
    i may wear another hoodie that technically is uniform, but i wear them on "normal" days, and isnt from this area... i guess its not my fault if im not in uniform considering i havnt been told...
    just scared to go incase shes upset with me!

ReputationRep:
    Haha It's lime/really bright radioactive-y sorta green Ah - hope you have fun! :lol: Their websites generally quite rubbish I reckon, really difficult to go round/navigate (or at least I think so )
    I'd get folders when you're there - they're quite big/airy when they don't have notes in them/take up excess space (depending how big your car is)
    Sounds good :teehee:

Aaaah okay Freshers starting then, that is? I think we're about the same :woo: We start on the 28th too, actually! (and our freshers is odd in that it's a fortnight, but runs at the same time as lectures start. Not that I really did anything in freshers besides cinema - and will aim to do the same this year )
    :lol: i bought a bright lime green sandwich toaster today...yano, the essentials it turns out stationary shopping is next week instead :cry2: and yeah i agree about whsmith website, its kinda rubbish! i found some gorgeoussssss stationary in john lewis today but mother wouldn't let me get any yet i think im gonna get folders when i get there, or just buy normal ring binders, rather than massive lever arch files i had for sixth form to begin with!

yeah freshers starts on september 28th, and lectures start a week after that, but i also have some freshers events the week after! luckily i have the friday off after the event during lectures im super excited, but i also fear for my health with all the alcohol that i will, no doubt, stupidly consume :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If it's guiding-related you could wear a random hoodie with proper t-shirt underneath, and if the others are in uniform you can just take your hoodie off?
    i might just wear one of my Lancs north west hoodies so its uniform, but not...
    i only have a now "unoficial" rugby shirt which i dont think fits with my quetiapine weight, and an official hoodie.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know when I woke up before exams shaking that going on a quick stroll helped, though I'm also never sure whether I'm shaking for being cold or for anxiety sometimes :dontknow: Can it ever be both? My teeth don't chatter but legs and arms did - luckily not that often at all though.
    I hadn't realised you had ME (or I've forgotten ) - sorry to hear, I know that my brother's friend had/has it and struggled, though he seems to be doing well now - doing a degree at cardiff (sorry if that was random... )
    I took the dog a walk earlier (not that that was a very sensible thing to do probably ) and it didn't seem to make any difference, probably if it's anxiety-related it would though as for me certainly walking definitely helps de-stress! Kind of shaking all over, it's nowhere near as bad as it was earlier though.

Yeah, I normally just call it CFS though as that's what my GP calls it :dontknow: Good, at least that means there might be an end to it all at some point! I have got better at managing it which is definitely a good thing, as Tibbz said earlier though I wish it would just go away

How are you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    People might try and talk to you - just don't hang around too long beforehand or afterwards and you'll be fine! You can wear whatever, really. As long as you don't wear a T-shirt saying 'God sucks' or something, am sure you'll be alright :jebus:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i might just wear one of my Lancs north west hoodies so its uniform, but not...
    i only have a now "unoficial" rugby shirt which i dont think fits with my quetiapine weight, and an official hoodie.
    That could be a good idea, then it's fine either way! I've only got a senior section t-shirt plus a couple of unit/camp hoodies, so you're doing better than me

ReputationRep:
    That could be a good idea, then it's fine either way! I've only got a senior section t-shirt plus a couple of unit/camp hoodies, so you're doing better than me
    i have too many items from different camps iv been to. got 2 different district hoodies (one has a rude looking badge on, so we changed it ) got 2 different county hoodies got LOADS of different camp t-shirts.
    then when i qualified i got the adult rugby shirt, but just found out that thats not proper uniform wear now, and your not menna have badges sewn on adult uniform, and i have the "right to be..." badge set sewn on. so when i went back home i stole my mums adult hoodie hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I can't say about catholic-ness, but in general churches are generally really friendly (at least those I've been to in the UK) - generally for most CofE there's a bit of chatter before the service, then not much talking besides the actual service-ness, and then coffee and biscuits at the end with chatter
    If you tell someone that you're new/if they ask then they might introduce you to some people? :dontknow:
    Don't know what the usual dress code is for catholic stuff - I guess just vaguely smartly
    That's what I'm worried about - the chatter part! I think if someone comes up to me I might melt into the floor.

I like the sound of biscuits!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    People might try and talk to you - just don't hang around too long beforehand or afterwards and you'll be fine! You can wear whatever, really. As long as you don't wear a T-shirt saying 'God sucks' or something, am sure you'll be alright :jebus:
    Haha, I was actually thinking of wearing a Ramones tshirt. I don't think they have any anti-God songs.

Btw, if it says it's at 5, does that mean the mass starts promptly at 5 or that's what time people start arriving? I know it's probably different for all churches but in general have you any idea?

Thanks for the replies guys. I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna be a brave sabertooth tiger or a wimpy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: well you make everyone on here happy :yep: I completely understand the feeling sad for no reason thing though a nice warm drink and an early night perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do I? :'-) I have Uni coming up and although it's natural for people to be excited and nervous, I have a bad history of going into a place full of optimism and a desire to build friendships and have fun etc., but it never happened as I got isolated, fell into depression and felt alone. I'm worried lightning will strike twice :sad: I have a cup of tea and Van Halen keeping me company :teehee:

There are so many people at Uni :eek: and you have societies and groups and so many different ways to meet people similar to you - I'm sure you won't have any trouble You were just saying last night how you'd made some people laugh and stuff - I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

Sorry you're not feeling right at the moment You're always making us happier
    I know, but previous experiences has really tainted my view I did and that made me feel great, yet here I am petrified that I'll get another case of people blanking me and me being able to forge friendships

Thank you! That's really kind of you to say
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i have too many items from different camps iv been to. got 2 different district hoodies (one has a rude looking badge on, so we changed it ) got 2 different county hoodies got LOADS of different camp t-shirts.
    then when i qualified i got the adult rugby shirt, but just found out that thats not proper uniform wear now, and your not menna have badges sewn on adult uniform, and i have the "right to be..." badge set sewn on. so when i went back home i stole my mums adult hoodie hahaha
    Lucky! I have one unit and two camp hoodies I think, plus one camp t-shirt. They've done the last couple of camps over exam time for us so I've not been able to go on them :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Lucky! I have one unit and two camp hoodies I think, plus one camp t-shirt. They've done the last couple of camps over exam time for us so I've not been able to go on them :unimpressed:
    iv been on a fair few camps over the years, one camp i even got a polo and a hoodie because i was service crew id love for my old county to do another one of them camps again, it was amazing, it was called 4 nations, so it got people (supposedly) from england, ireland, scotland and wales, though no units from ireland came, and it was AMAZING. i just collect hoodies and i seem to have collected landyards from all the camps iv been given one

ReputationRep:
    My little sister has joined the Sea Cadets, can't believe she's getting so grown up

Watching the episode of 8 out of 10 cats when they bring on a puppy and a baby tiger and it's amazing! They're so cute!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True, I couldn't manage it with CFS at all though! I missed a lot of it, and when I was there I couldn't focus on what was going on or take anything in- if you look at my notes from last year they're completely incoherent mostly Exams were even worse, I should have just stopped while I had the chance as I was told to, but hey, that's me for you
    Yeah I found my exams really tough with the tiredness, I just didn't have any motivation for revision and nothing was staying in my mind at all... So far this year I've been managing to concentrate in most lessons quite well though so hopefully it stays like that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sounds similar to depression to me, both from what I've read and partially what I've experienced with me - though I don't know how it overlaps with ME/CFS, because obviously (if I understand ME enough/vaguely) tiredness definitely comes with that (I think?)
    Sorry that isn't much more help...

Welcome to the thread either way (if you haven't been here before? Sorry if not )
    Yeah tiredness is probably the most annoying part of CFS for me, when I have my worse days I feel dreadful, like really dreadful :/

Thanks, and no I haven't been here before, but I think I'll stay, seems cosy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Haha, I was actually thinking of wearing a Ramones tshirt. I don't think they have any anti-God songs.

Btw, if it says it's at 5, does that mean the mass starts promptly at 5 or that's what time people start arriving? I know it's probably different for all churches but in general have you any idea?

Thanks for the replies guys. I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna be a brave sabertooth tiger or a wimpy one.
    It means the bell for Mass goes at 5pm and that's when the service starts. So if you turn up 2-3 minutes beforehand, you should be safe. Equally, it's OK to turn up 2-3 minutes late, so don't worry about that! You should be able to sneak in if necessary :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Yeah I found my exams really tough with the tiredness, I just didn't have any motivation for revision and nothing was staying in my mind at all... So far this year I've been managing to concentrate in most lessons quite well though so hopefully it stays like that

Yeah tiredness is probably the most annoying part of CFS for me, when I have my worse days I feel dreadful, like really dreadful :/

Thanks, and no I haven't been here before, but I think I'll stay, seems cosy
    How did you find getting diagnosed with CFS? I've been inexplicably tired and cold constantly for about a year or so now, I've had blood tests which came back clear and there doesn't seem to be any actual cause :/ I'm currently not sure whether it's CFS or just a symptom of depression

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.