Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Liverpool yesterday. Saw the highlights now, back to back wins with key players out(using second choice fullbacks and there being an injury to your best player. Things are looking up for Liverpool.

Especially since you lot are a 2nd half of season team if you are in the top 4 come christmas you should be third.

ReputationRep:
    Yer put it this way, burnt out kid bearing the burden in attack, best player not playing, Can starting his first game I think, massively misfiring striker up front, Allen rested and the same ****ty fullbacks as ever, and we managed a win away from home.

It's not dire and if it wasn't for Jagielka with a 1 in a 1000 shot then we'd be on three straight wins.

Had Sturridge been available for this run or if Welbeck or Remy had been our striker, then we'd be within touching distance of Chelsea. Regardless of everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Great win for Liverpool yesterday. Saw the highlights now, back to back wins with key players out(using second choice fullbacks and there being an injury to your best player. Things are looking up for Liverpool.

Especially since you lot are a 2nd half of season team if you are in the top 4 come christmas you should be third.
    Yet we're the only team in the last decade or so not to win the title when we've been top at Christmas, and we've done it twice in that time :cry::cry:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Skrtel, A. Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Balotelli.

That would be my first team for Real - maybe Allen in for either Coutinho or Lallana. I'd go with Balotelli over Lambert but ONLY because he has CL experience. Shame that Lucas has gone off the face of the Earth because, in his prime, he'd have been a shoe-in to try and neutralise the Madrid attacking threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Skrtel, A. Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Balotelli.

That would be my first team for Real - maybe Allen in for either Coutinho or Lallana. I'd go with Balotelli over Lambert but ONLY because he has CL experience. Shame that Lucas has gone off the face of the Earth because, in his prime, he'd have been a shoe-in to try and neutralise the Madrid attacking threat.
    That's far too attacking, it'll get ripped to shreads when Real counter. Allen has to come in alongside Gerrard and Henderson with Lallana and Sterling in front of them. Balotelli up front but he'll get isolated. Seriously i cant see any way in which you guys could set up to avoid defeat.

Inb4 you guys beat RM :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mignolet
    Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
    Can
    Henderson Allen Gerrard
    Sterling
    Balotelli

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    That's far too attacking, it'll get ripped to shreads when Real counter. Allen has to come in alongside Gerrard and Henderson with Lallana and Sterling in front of them. Balotelli up front but he'll get isolated. Seriously i cant see any way in which you guys could set up to avoid defeat.

Inb4 you guys beat RM :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I imagine we'll play like the away team and look to play on the break? Balotelli's hold up play is amazing and Real Madrid will push up all their fullbacks etc.

Hopefully the atmosphere at Anfield will be good. Hasn't been amazing so far this season..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Hopefully the atmosphere at Anfield will be good. Hasn't been amazing so far this season..
    If it isn't good on Wednesday then there's no hope for the rest of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Agent Wisdom provided the assist for WBA's first goal, United proceeded to drop points

ReputationRep:
    i love watching united.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i love watching united.
    Watching United just makes me feel better about how **** Liverpool have been. Same with Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    United drew tonight!
    Such a shame WBA couldn't hold on but Blind's strike was good, nice to see Wisdom getting an assist too and it was a lovely pass. It's hard to believe they are one point below us and Arsenal are two points below considering how atrocious our form has been this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    United drew tonight!
    Such a shame WBA couldn't hold on but Blind's strike was good, nice to see Wisdom getting an assist too and it was a lovely pass. It's hard to believe they are one point below us and Arsenal are two points below considering how atrocious our form has been this season.
    West Ham who are currently 4th just says it all really....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    They'll get hammered by City next week and end up mid table, same with Soton-their form will peter off.

ReputationRep:
    Not a great start to the season but 8 games in and we're not completely off the pace for top 4.

ReputationRep:
    Watching United just makes me feel better about how **** Liverpool have been. Same with Arsenal.
    exactly, it's way too early to talk about places - there's only one win between 4th and 12th.
    however it is nice to see that we're 5th after such a poor start.
    it's amazing that we're ahead of everton, spurs, arsenal and united after the start we've had, even if it's just by a point or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Not a great start to the season but 8 games in and we're not completely off the pace for top 4.
    Only 4 points off 2nd place as well...

I hope the team perform on Weds, I don't expect a win-at best we can get a draw but what I do expect is that team give 100% and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    exactly, it's way too early to talk about places - there's only one win between 4th and 12th.
    however it is nice to see that we're 5th after such a poor start.
    it's amazing that we're ahead of everton, spurs, arsenal and united after the start we've had, even if it's just by a point or two.
    With United playing against Chelsea, the 3 points at Hull is massive to widen the gap. Could easily drop points to Hull as they certainly are no push overs as well as our dire form. Hopefully the Madrid game will be the kick up the ass to get the form back.

That 3 points at QPR just feel even more sweeter now xD

ReputationRep:
    With United playing against Chelsea, the 3 points at Hull is massive to widen the gap. Could easily drop points to Hull as they certainly are no push overs as well as our dire form. Hopefully the Madrid game will be the kick up the ass to get the form back.

That 3 points at QPR just feel even more sweeter now xD
    west ham will lose to man city so we should be 4th by the end of the next set of games.
    but as you said, hull aren't pushovers.
    they're a much tougher team than people think and they showed that last season when they beat us.

the problem with us is that we make it so hard for ourselves.
    it's almost as if we aren't looking about widening the gap and getting ahead, we're looking at staying in touch.
    it's almost as if when our rivals drop points it means we can "afford" to drop points too.
    it really shouldn't feel like that as a fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    west ham will lose to man city so we should be 4th by the end of the next set of games.
    but as you said, hull aren't pushovers.
    they're a much tougher team than people think and they showed that last season when they beat us.

the problem with us is that we make it so hard for ourselves.
    it's almost as if we aren't looking about widening the gap and getting ahead, we're looking at staying in touch.
    it's almost as if when our rivals drop points it means we can "afford" to drop points too.
    it really shouldn't feel like that as a fan.
    The game will be at Anfield, anything less than a comfortable 2-0/3-0 win will be very disappointing. Getting a win vs Hull is expected if we want to secure a top 4 place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.