Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procaffinator)
    Waiting patiently for my rejection from Nottingham
    It's been 5 months!
    Don't give up hope yet! I applied in October and only JUST got my offer yesterday, so I know the feeling. Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamsinb123)
    Just got an offer from Nottingham for Law with Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! See you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnekaa)
    got an offer on the 22nd of march and got allocated to collingwood on the 29th
    Was yours an open application?

ReputationRep:
    any stories of getting LAW offers reconsidered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amie_U)
    any stories of getting LAW offers reconsidered?
    Under what circumstance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Under what circumstance?
    Most probably a mistake or a student's keenness to still attend the uni after rejection

ReputationRep:
    Most probably a mistake or a student's keenness to still attend the uni after rejection
    Just because you don't like the word 'No'?

Not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Just because you don't like the word 'No'?

Not a chance.
    lol I wouldn't say not a chance

ReputationRep:
    lol I wouldn't say not a chance
    You clearly know very little about University admissions.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how have you/ how are you going to prepare for your law interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBonfire)
    Guys, how have you/ how are you going to prepare for your law interviews?
    What interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For quite some time, I've had a massive dilemma of whether to firm Nottingham or Bristol (both offers at AAA). Am I mad if I firm Bristol over Nottingham anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    For quite some time, I've had a massive dilemma of whether to firm Nottingham or Bristol (both offers at AAA). Am I mad if I firm Bristol over Nottingham anyone?
    Not really, if your prefer the uni then go ahead! Also, do you know why you got an offer of AAA from Nottingham as I got an offer but for A*AA when I was predicted AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    I'd say it depends on the uni life which you would prefer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Not really, if your prefer the uni then go ahead! Also, do you know why you got an offer of AAA from Nottingham as I got an offer but for A*AA when I was predicted AAA
    Not sure, possibly as I am classed as international

ReputationRep:
    durham, kings, birmingham, warwick which is better for law if you're considering to work in the middle east?

(Original post by lawundergrad101)
    durham, kings, birmingham, warwick which is better for law if you're considering to work in the middle east?
    Are you doing Law with Arabic? Or something under those lines.

Personally, I find Birmingham Law school quite adequate however not for international study routes etc. I would say Kings, but it should be more a personal preference tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Are you doing Law with Arabic? Or something under those lines.

Personally, I find Birmingham Law school quite adequate however not for international study routes etc. I would say Kings, but it should be more a personal preference tbh
    would you rank them in your order of preference please? no i'm just doing LLB law.

would you rank them in your order of preference please? no i'm just doing LLB law.
    So if you want to work in the middle east, how will you execute that? What I'm implying is, can you speak Arabic and are you affirmative that a LLB Law degree will be liable (for example, one of my friends had done "international law" and another "law with french" and both work overseas).

In terms of ranking them in preference, I really don't know sorry. However these may help you:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...rankings?s=law

ReputationRep:

Its isnt the Uni that will get you a job in the Middle East - it's you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.