The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Man like WalkingAbortion trying to create an AFTV esque meltdown on the United thread.

sr90 please ban this tosser, I don't even come on here that much and she's still pissing me off
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
WA didn't even watch the game ffs
Tbh she sounds like one of those fans who just follows football because the players are good looking.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also how can you defend a player when he made such as costly mistake. He's a ****ing professional paid hundreds of thousands a week and he can't even make a simple pass on the counter.
IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Imagine still sucking LVG and Woodwards balls at this point. Embarrassing.

Don't worry though, maybe they'll put a £200 million bid in for Neymar next time lol
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An Arsenal fan telling us we've bottled it? HMMMM.
Why is that hard to comprehend? Not bottled it but MASSIVELY bottled it. Chances of top 4 looking extremely slim. Arsenal are bottlers no denying lol but this is something else.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Also how can you defend a player when he made such as costly mistake. He's a ****ing professional paid hundreds of thousands a week and he can't even make a simple pass on the counter.
Game should have been killed off way before he got on the pitch though.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Memphis is a complete and utter fraud. If he's worth £25m then so am I.

Still, was expecting to lose this and I enjoyed watching it so it isn't all bad.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chill bruh we ain't making top 4! We just gotta accept that now...honestly can't see us making up this gap....we still lack a lil something we should have finished the game earlier
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also how can you defend a player when he made such as costly mistake.
He's the United version of Mignolet.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mojo Jojo makes a good point, its not like Chelsea didn't deserve their goal because they were dominating for large parts of the second half but it was our mindset which cost us. De Gea once again got us a point as I doubt Romero would pull those saves off.

Saying that, what was Depay doing at the end? It was a simple pass and a tap in for Schneiderlin.

As for Lingaard, he's proving me wrong atm I'd liken him to Nani who clearly had ability but was not consistent enough. Everyone else including Fellaini had a good game and did their jobs well so you can't single anyone out for blame.

Seems like its written in the stars a million miles away () that LVG will miss out on top 4 and get replaced....
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Game should have been killed off way before he got on the pitch though.
Should have?

It wasn't so no point in saying that.
Fact is he's made multiple mistakes leading to goals now.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like Memphis and do think he should get more playing time, but that was unforgivable.

(Original post by AliRizzo)
Why is that hard to comprehend? Not bottled it but MASSIVELY bottled it. Chances of top looking extremely slim. Arsenal are bottlers no denying lol but this is something else.
I don't think we've bottled it tbh. Just made poor decisions in December wrt our set-up and we've been playing catch-up ever since. Should have won today but what can you do. Dave had to make a lot of good saves as well, prior to their equaliser.
Jimmy Seville
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol how many chances did we have compared to you

You got a ****ty goal that gave you a point.
How many genuine chances did you create? Can think of Courtois needing to make 3 saves tops? You had one shot on target more than us btw. De Gea made at least 3 world class saves.

Your discipline was very poor too.

Our set pieces are **** tho
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like Memphis and do think he should get more playing time, but that was unforgivable.

I don't think we've bottled it tbh. Just made poor decisions in December wrt our set-up and we've been playing catch-up ever since. Should have won today but what can you do. Dave had to make a lot of good saves as well, prior to their equaliser.
Agreed, I think the result will hurt the team more mentally but you're not out of it yet. United could effectively be 1 point behind us in two weeks time as we have to play Leicester then go to Old Trafford. I think the problem you lot had tonight was trying to shut up shop too early, should have kept Fellaini on and unfortunately Memphis' mistake was criminal.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
How many genuine chances did you create? Can think of Courtois needing to make 3 saves tops? You had one shot on target more than us btw. De Gea made at least 3 world class saves.

Your discipline was very poor too.

Our set pieces are **** tho
Fact is, our goal was good and yours was utter ****, which resulted from a **** player failing to make a simple pass.

Also, talking about set pieces. We had like 10 corners ffs
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Should have?

It wasn't so no point in saying that.
Fact is he's made multiple mistakes leading to goals now.
Yes, should have.

Is Memphis solely to blame a she made the mistake (Borthwick-Jackson was also playing Costa onside as well if you hadn't noticed) or does at least some of the blame lie with the other 12 players, LvG and the rest of the coaching staff that this squad seems to have absolutely no ability to control the tempo of a game?

We let Chelsea back into the game, we gave them every opportunity we possibly could have to make good chances, it really isn't the least bit surprising they did eventually score.

(Original post by AliRizzo)
Agreed, I think the result will hurt the team more mentally but you're not out of it yet. United could effectively be 1 point behind us in two weeks time as we have to play Leicester then go to Old Trafford. I think the problem you lot had tonight was trying to shut up shop too early, should have kept Fellaini on and unfortunately Memphis' mistake was criminal.
If that was supposed to be a United team shutting up shop I actually want to weep.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rk is fuming :lol:
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You let Chelsea back into the game and they were creating opportunities, it's not like they were completely toothless. Only a matter of time before they grabbed a goal, jammy or not.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Yes, should have.

Is Memphis solely to blame a she made the mistake (Borthwick-Jackson was also playing Costa onside as well if you hadn't noticed) or does at least some of the blame lie with the other 12 players, LvG and the rest of the coaching staff that this squad seems to have absolutely no ability to control the tempo of a game?

We let Chelsea back into the game, we gave them every opportunity we possibly could have to make good chances, it really isn't the least bit surprising they did eventually score.

If that was supposed to be a United team shutting up shop I actually want to weep.
You're failing to see the point.
The whole chance stemmed from Memphis's mistake.
Had he had the competence to make a simpey 5 yard pass then BJ wouldn't have played Costa on side and they wouldn't have scored.

Its all saying we should have killed the game off and we should have controlled the tempo but when a player makes such a shocking mistake then them words go out the window.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're failing to see the point.
The whole chance stemmed from Memphis's mistake.
Had he had the competence to make a simpey 5 yard pass then BJ wouldn't have played Costa on side and they wouldn't have scored.

Its all saying we should have killed the game off and we should have controlled the tempo but when a player makes such a shocking mistake then them words go out the window.
Daley Blind had just as much fault for that goal as Memphis did. That was also poor from him coming out of his position allowing space for Costa.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (8)
20.51%
Labour (17)
43.59%
Liberal Democrats (6)
15.38%
Green Party (1)
2.56%
Brexit Party (1)
2.56%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
5.13%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.56%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)