• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Its not technically against the rules, but I would like to give some members a bit of advice; don't poach members willing to join a party from them. IE if someone new joins the house and is looking to join the party, unless there is significant reasons not to, it is very unsportsmanlike to poach them; plus it may make the member not want to stay at all, as there is petty arguing over them.

Just a wee bit of advice! toronto353
    Not at all, I quite agree with what you've said here. I would simply add that it's a little tiresome to keep having to rake over the same issues again and again and I would appreciate leaders' and parties' help in ensuring that these matters are laid to rest now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just saw a poll for nationwide intentions Trump 45%(+4), Clinton 42(-6), changes from April

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Just saw a poll for nationwide intentions Trump 45%(+4), Clinton 42(-6), changes from April

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #FeelTheBern
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And back to my "Yesterday in history" series, 212 years since Napoleon I was declared Emperor by the French Senate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    #FeelTheBern
    And while neither candidate is seen positively, Trump is actually seen as being slightly better.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How the f*** can you lose a A320 ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh good !!!! Muslim's have decided to post quotes about how great " Allah " is on the Egypt Air Facebook page ... Like this is helping the situation
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    How the f*** can you lose a A320 ?
    Quite easily, that is what normally happens when a plane crashes with no warning

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh good !!!! Muslim's have decided to post quotes about how great " Allah " is on the Egypt Air Facebook page ... Like this is helping the situation
    If it were American Airlines and people were posting quotes about the Christian God you wouldn't be batting an eye, or are you just sticking with being a massive ignoramus and forgetting that EGYPT IS MUSLIM STATE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Quite easily, that is what normally happens when a plane crashes with no warning

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose MH370 Is an example

If it were American Airlines and people were posting quotes about the Christian God you wouldn't be batting an eye, or are you just sticking with being a massive ignoramus and forgetting that EGYPT IS MUSLIM STATE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't help the situation does it ? .... ;Like bringing god into everything will actually help the situation or return the plane ( providing it's not crashed into the sea or blown up my Islamic extremists ) Didn't realize there were towers in Egypt
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I suppose MH370 Is an example

Doesn't help the situation does it ? .... ;Like bringing god into everything will actually help the situation or return the plane ( providing it's not crashed into the sea or blown up my Islamic extremists ) Didn't realize there were towers in Egypt
    Depending on what they're using for "radar" there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of examples that don't include terrorism. If it's simply looking for a transponder signal then anything that causes the transponder to stop transmitting will do the job, if it's real radar then anything that breaks the plane into lots of pieces would too, but those pieces would also be visible and it's almost certainly the former.

It also has to be remembered that Egypt Air isn't exactly the best of airlines, even back when the country was stable and more financially sound.

It doesn't exactly hinder the the situation either, does it? People grieve in different ways, the religious tend to turn to their God(s). I'm not quite sure what towers have to do with anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Interesting article for any GoT fans

http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-.../#Q1Oh.Ove7uqw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Depending on what they're using for "radar" there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of examples that don't include terrorism. If it's simply looking for a transponder signal then anything that causes the transponder to stop transmitting will do the job, if it's real radar then anything that breaks the plane into lots of pieces would too, but those pieces would also be visible and it's almost certainly the former.

It also has to be remembered that Egypt Air isn't exactly the best of airlines, even back when the country was stable and more financially sound.

It doesn't exactly hinder the the situation either, does it? People grieve in different ways, the religious tend to turn to their God(s). I'm not quite sure what towers have to do with anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh i was'nt claiming it was terrorism ... the likelihood is it probably crashed because of some failure or what have you doubt it was a radio or transponder failure .. surly it would of landed or someone would of seen it ?

Agreed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Royal Navy preparing to join search
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Royal Navy preparing to join search
    Well, as long as it's the ships being used to ferry migrants into Italy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, as long as it's the ships being used to ferry migrants into Italy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    " The UK's Royal Navy says it is making contingency plans to help in the search for the missing EgyptAir plane. RFA Lyme Bay, RFA Cardigan Bay and HMS Enterprise are all in the region and ready to help if requested. "

ReputationRep:
    Oh i was'nt claiming it was terrorism ... the likelihood is it probably crashed because of some failure or what have you doubt it was a radio or transponder failure .. surly it would of landed or someone would of seen it ?

Agreed
    A transponder failure will not cause a crash but it being off can help show what what has happened.

ReputationRep:
    Think Kezia actually did quite well in QT last week

ReputationRep:
    Latest Ipso Mori poll shows that 47% of people (up from 37% this time last year) think the government is handling the economy badly.

Perceived economic competence is ther strength and signs that it is falling is very bad for the Tories.

Fortunately for them, Labour has Jermey Corbyn.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I could seriously regret this, but Aph - when's the PolComp analysis coming!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.