Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mental Health Support Society XVIII Watch

ReputationRep:
    Said good by to my brother and sister in law agsin today there off traveling for another 12 months. Wish theyd just settle back here and not move again! :hmpf:

Spoilered for ranting/thinking outloud
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also REALLY angry. Something that my granny left in her will which i still havnt recieved (shr died in 2011) iv found out is supposedly in the hands of my step mums mum. Im so angry, yet still not sure if thats a ploy and actually my dad or my step mum has sold it.
    But apparently my grandads trying to get it back to give me it for christmas.

Not sure what the next step is. My dads denied my sister access to the will so we cant see if what my dads saying is true.
    But i reckon we givevit till christmas then prehaps go CAB for advice. Because im pretty sure he cant legally deny us access to the will. And im not sure what we would do if the things that are legally ours have been sold without our permission or knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UK SURVEY TO SEE IF THE MENTAL HEALTH ACT NEEDS CHANGING!

THIS IS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DETAINED UNDER THE MENTAL HEALTH ACT.
    PLEASE SHARE IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA, MAKE IT KNOWN! KETS GET OUR VOICE HEARD

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mentalhealthactsurvey

*Mods could this be put in the OP or on the main page or even a new thread? Want people to see it*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have to have an appointment with the uni about calling an ambulance whilst at uni

I feel like the odds are stacked up against me to fight not going back into hospital.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Feel a bit deflated today.

My grandpa had surgery last week to remove that toenail and some surrounding tissue that docs believed was the cause of that serious abscess he had a few months back that caused him to be removed from the transplant list for a while. He went for a check up today and he thought it was all going good but the operation hasn't helped with the infection and now its back full force, meaning he will probably be put off the transplant list again. He's taken every antibiotic available for that type of infection and its either not helped or its came back a week or two after stopping treatment. He is diabetic so they have to be careful with his feet. They are trying another round of antibiotics but if it doesn't clear, there's talk about amputating his foot which would leave him in a wheelchair.

The poor guy needs a break when it comes to his health :cry2: I also barely slept last night from more trouble in my block of flats again so today is really ****

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Hey, I'm really sorry to hear you've had a really bad day :hugs: What things do you want to be over?
    Absolutely everything, I screwed up again so badly and nothing I say/no can't make it right. I'll just add it to the list of things I will have on my conscience to keep me awake at night. I have no energy, the last bit of confidence I had has gone, I had a mental breakdown at work yesterday. I just don't know what to do anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Have to have an appointment with the uni about calling an ambulance whilst at uni

I feel like the odds are stacked up against me to fight not going back into hospital.
    Hope it goes ok!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not having a good night. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I'm not having a good night. :cry:
    Aww :console:
    What's up?

ReputationRep:
    i haven't been on TSR for a while pretty much been un active since the end of august literally since my GCSE resluts day i have been non stop
    the last couple of weeks i haven't been myself i haven't been very well i think due to the weather had to go to the doctors twice where they have given me the blue and brown inhaler ad 5 day course of steroids which made me feel like absolute **** if any of you on here have taken steroids from the doctor before i think you can understand where i am coming from. I'm doing level 3 early years educator at college and the work is literally non stop I feel so drained and tired all the time and i just dont know what to do i have a boyfriend but lately he hasn't been much help because he has been busy too which is really annoying because me and my mum have been disagreeing on alot of things lately so we arent on the best of terms. i also have been feeling really self conscious especially about how i look in clothes and my weight and its just getting me down

i hope everyone else is having a good day im just having a funny day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elleee1234)
    i haven't been on TSR for a while pretty much been un active since the end of august literally since my GCSE resluts day i have been non stop
    the last couple of weeks i haven't been myself i haven't been very well i think due to the weather had to go to the doctors twice where they have given me the blue and brown inhaler ad 5 day course of steroids which made me feel like absolute **** if any of you on here have taken steroids from the doctor before i think you can understand where i am coming from. I'm doing level 3 early years educator at college and the work is literally non stop I feel so drained and tired all the time and i just dont know what to do i have a boyfriend but lately he hasn't been much help because he has been busy too which is really annoying because me and my mum have been disagreeing on alot of things lately so we arent on the best of terms. i also have been feeling really self conscious especially about how i look in clothes and my weight and its just getting me down

i hope everyone else is having a good day im just having a funny day
    Welcome Back

Aww so sorry to hear you're having difficulties currently. I hope you can get of the steroids quickly if they're making you feel that way. Aww hopefully you can catch up on rest soon
    And nice to hear you have a bf too
    Aw please don't feel self conscious! I'm sure you're beautiful!

Thankyou Hopefully tomorrow will be much better for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Said good by to my brother and sister in law agsin today there off traveling for another 12 months. Wish theyd just settle back here and not move again! :hmpf:

Spoilered for ranting/thinking outloud
    Spoiler:
    Show

Also REALLY angry. Something that my granny left in her will which i still havnt recieved (shr died in 2011) iv found out is supposedly in the hands of my step mums mum. Im so angry, yet still not sure if thats a ploy and actually my dad or my step mum has sold it.
    But apparently my grandads trying to get it back to give me it for christmas.

Not sure what the next step is. My dads denied my sister access to the will so we cant see if what my dads saying is true.
    But i reckon we givevit till christmas then prehaps go CAB for advice. Because im pretty sure he cant legally deny us access to the will. And im not sure what we would do if the things that are legally ours have been sold without our permission or knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww hopefully they'll settle down next time
    Spoiler:
    Show

Wow! That's awful of them!
    You defo deserve your share of the will (seeing as it is yours) and after what they've done, you deserve even more form it!
    If they've sold it then therpyre just *******s!
    But defo contact CAB if you haven't recieved anything by Christmas.
    I hope you receive what's rightfully yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Welcome Back

Aww so sorry to hear you're having difficulties currently. I hope you can get of the steroids quickly if they're making you feel that way. Aww hopefully you can catch up on rest soon
    And nice to hear you have a bf too
    Aw please don't feel self conscious! I'm sure you're beautiful!

Thankyou Hopefully tomorrow will be much better for you!
    thank you <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elleee1234)
    thank you <3
    You're very welcome :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Don't be angry with yourself. When it starts getting confusing take a 5 minute break and have some tea or hot chocolate or summin then actually write down everything step by step
    example:
    100mg in 15ml
    3mg needed
    100mg/3mg = 33.3 times smaller
    15ml/33.3 times = 0.45 ml needed

or use
    number of measures = amount prescribed / amount per measure

remember write the units too it helps if you're confused. it happens to me too dw
    your s/o shouldn't get angry at you, you're obviously stressed out and frustrated - they're meant to be here to support you

check this out too
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzndeh/mathpack.pdf
    it helps bc it gives nice formulae you could remember but dont do that if you think you'll start mixing them up haha - but they could be useful as a checking method
    Thank you for the explanation. That, and the link, help a lot. I managed to get all 20 practice questions done. Now I just need to be able to replicate that in my exam tomorrow. :crossedf:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Tried to write about national stress awareness day and the post is waiting to be moderated :laugh: I tried!

Feeling pretty good today. I'm still not good physically, had to take the day off college. I also sent the email explaining why I was off (saying I was having trouble with MH and med change) from the wrong email account - that 3 other people have access to. Oops. They've now seen it, and I don't like them knowing that kind of thing. Two are close friends, but that was our work account that we talk to our userbase with so that was awkward. I deleted it all and they haven't said anything, but someone definitely read the reply that was sent in return so at least one saw it. Ah well. I got a blog post out and that NSAD post done, so at least I was productive, but I don't think they're very good and they feel very vague but nothing ever feels up to standard nowadays so I'm trying to leave it alone before I obsess over it. Idk, I'm okay I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Tried to write about national stress awareness day and the post is waiting to be moderated :laugh: I tried!

Feeling pretty good today. I'm still not good physically, had to take the day off college. I also sent the email explaining why I was off (saying I was having trouble with MH and med change) from the wrong email account - that 3 other people have access to. Oops. They've now seen it, and I don't like them knowing that kind of thing. Two are close friends, but that was our work account that we talk to our userbase with so that was awkward. I deleted it all and they haven't said anything, but someone definitely read the reply that was sent in return so at least one saw it. Ah well. I got a blog post out and that NSAD post done, so at least I was productive, but I don't think they're very good and they feel very vague but nothing ever feels up to standard nowadays so I'm trying to leave it alone before I obsess over it. Idk, I'm okay I think
    If its the MH forum or even heakth forum ALL posts are moderated before being aproved the help stop trolls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    If its the MH forum or even heakth forum ALL posts are moderated before being aproved the help stop trolls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, MH. Completely forgot about it until I'd submitted it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thank you for the explanation. That, and the link, help a lot. I managed to get all 20 practice questions done. Now I just need to be able to replicate that in my exam tomorrow. :crossedf:
    No problem I'm glad I could help
    I hope your exam goes well/ went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    First IPT session tomorrow, second attempt. Worried about it being with someone new and really ill physically but oh well. Will give it a go I guess.

Kind of realising how much i'm just trying to cover everything up and keep going. Everyone thinks i'm coping and I'm really not. All going to come crashing down and i dont know what to do. Not even like i'm just trapped any more, drowning and fast
    How was the IPT session?

Know exactly how you feel feel the same you have to be honest with your therapist about feeling like that. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever taken part in any motivational interviewing and found it helpful? I'm actually looking to use it at work and was wondering if anyone had any tips from someone who has been on the receiving end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.