The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Because that's legitimately the only reason you didn't lose this game.

You played amazing today but we still got at you late on. No other keeper in the league is saving the Can effort, and no other keeper in the world - bar Neuer - is saving the Coutinho strike.

The difference Lallana makes is ridiculous - if he's not injured and starts the game, maybe it's a different result.
    That second one wasn't that great, it just looked better because he went late and went with a harder technique.

Fair result, you were dreadful in the first half.

(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Mourinho away in a mother****ing nutshell.

He probably will do the same thing next week too.
    This man is very angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The fact is that we were missing 2 of our midfield 3 and still matched you. That says a lot to me.
    Are we gunna act like we weren't missing Martial and Mhki? If we had their quality in our attack we would have slapped you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    You made a couple good passes through our defence but they were swiftly dealt with.

Face it, Klopp got Mourinho'd.
    All I'd say is that without Wijnaldum and Lallana, we played an awful game of football. Therefore to get a point against a side like United (even at home) isn't the worst result in the world.

I'll take it all day long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    All I'd say is that without Wijnaldum and Lallana, we played an awful game of football. Therefore to get a point against a side like United (even at home) isn't the worst result in the world.

That was the plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Are we gunna act like we weren't missing Martial and Mhki? If we had their quality in our attack we would have slapped you
    If you had them in your side, you would've been more attacking and played completely in to our hands.

Mourinho had his defensive gameplay and it worked perfectly. Martial and Mhki were of no use to you today whether they were fit or not.

ReputationRep:
    If we played Mata and Carrick we would have probably slapped them as well but we would be a bit more open

ReputationRep:
    why is mkhitaryan not playing at all?
    is he still injured?
    did he piss of mou and he does not want to play him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    If we played Mata and Carrick we would have probably slapped them as well but we would be more a bit more open
    If you were more open you would've lost. Not even in question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)

This man is very angry.
    Na, I may get very angry on Sunday, but this was the ideal result personally. I thought you'd probably draw anyway.

I still think early days with United but you're in need of a consistent threat in attack that wins you games.

(Original post by Lúcio)

Problem is that so will United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    If you had them in your side, you would've been more attacking and played completely in to our hands.

Mourinho had his defensive gameplay and it worked perfectly. Martial and Mhki were of no use to you today whether they were fit or not.
    Brb Martial & Mkhi off the bench for Ibra & Rashford last 20 minutes; Counter attack 1-0 slapped GG Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Absolutely world class performance from Pogba for far.

MOTM for me already.
    This is why I love you.

sa-1's sass >>>

ReputationRep:
    This game reminds me of the Chelsea Arsenal emirates matches where he played Oscar up top personally.

ReputationRep:
    More optimistic about the Chelsea game. Obvious threat is Hazard but they look suspect defensively.
    Zlatan better get his **** together.

Zlatan vs Luiz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Problem is that so will United.
    Difference is that we're 3 points clear after playing some disgusting opening fixtures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    More optimistic about the Chelsea game. Obvious threat is Hazard but they look suspect defensively.
    Zlatan better get his **** together.

Zlatan vs Luiz
    We actually don't look suspect though and Hazard ain't even our main threat, he goes in and out of games too often this season. Main threat is clearly Costa and also how we have the option of going two up top. Moses also is a big threat and how your midfield responds to the Kante-Matic holding pairing.

You also have us playing a 6 man midfield against your 5 and hurting you guys in wide areas(when you like to camp the middle).

ReputationRep:
    I would take that result, although slightly left feeling for more in terms of the performance that could have resulted in a win. Herrera, Blind, Valencia were brilliant - the former Bilbao man was everywhere and he might not be the tallest or fit the archetypal Mourinho man but his energy and tenacity is endearing.

Zlatan and Pogba were poor and didn't take control of the game but that could be down to the strategy yet with Pogba you expect more especially as he was in a role devoid of major defensive responsibilities.

We couldn't lose today but this gives us confidence going into the Chelsea match.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not happy with Ibra so far

ReputationRep:
    Brb Martial & Mkhi off the bench for Ibra & Rashford last 20 minutes; Counter attack 1-0 slapped GG Goodnight.
    But would of already been 2-0 up by the time Martial & Mkhi came on :P

ReputationRep:
    More importantly, Martial's girl took her insta off private

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho 1 - 0 Klopp.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.