Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EmilyTonge)
    All I'm hoping for is a pass right now; the grade boundaries are ridiculous
    Personally I thought it would be 168/200 for A* so I wasn't far off, it's just the fact that I am close to the 170 boundary that is annoying me

I hope you get that pass anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    For the grade boundaries to be that high, people must've done really well so I hope I'm one of those people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This being the case is my last hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Exactly, I'm sure that's the case.
    Hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by erodedsoul)
    This being the case is my last hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, usually I wouldn't mind an A, but I need it for further maths, and since I started using TSR I've been giving my self high expectations I don't know why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funny how most people in the thread worry about getting an A instead of an A* and I'm here wondering if I made it to a C grade I pray I got a C.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by llama_whisperer)
    Funny how most people in the thread worry about getting an A instead of an A* and I'm here wondering if I made it to a C grade I pray I got a C.
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama_whisperer)
    Is this for maths? Has the C grade gone up by 15 as well? That's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally I thought it would be 168/200 for A* so I wasn't far off, it's just the fact that I am close to the 170 boundary that is annoying me

I hope you get that pass anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn you're clever & you never know, you might have got 170 marks. An A is still brilliant I wish you the best x

ReputationRep:
    Is this for maths? Has the C grade gone up by 15 as well? That's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hoping for a C too and I think the highest it's been previously was 66? I'm not sure but it makes a difference for us D/C grade people because there's such a fine line between passing and failing😩

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, usually I wouldn't mind an A, but I need it for further maths, and since I started using TSR I've been giving my self high expectations I don't know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not doing Maths A Level but I need an A for Economics because the sixth form I'm going to is selective so they're entry requirements are so high 😫 I'm hoping if I just miss an A and everyone else has done worse than expected the might give me some amnesty, especially as you barely even need a C in maths for A Level Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Damn you're clever & you never know, you might have got 170 marks. An A is still brilliant I wish you the best x
    Thank you very much, I hope you get the pass too, and yh would be happy with an A just gutted I wouldn't be able to do FM,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel made the marks for an A* a bit too high, but then the papers were easy, I'm just hoping I secure at least a C in Maths I need a C in English and Maths so i can do my BSC Games Development and BSC Computing Courses when i apply for
    University.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for a C too and I think the highest it's been previously was 66? I'm not sure but it makes a difference for us D/C grade people because there's such a fine line between passing and failing😩
    No I'm hoping for an A 😭 but if the C grade boundaries have gone up the same amount as the A/A* grade boundaries (15 marks from last year) that's a more promising indication that people have done well across the board as the exam board can get away with reducing the amount of A/A* grades but can't get away with massively reducing the amount of C grades given, if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not doing Maths A Level but I need an A for Economics because the sixth form I'm going to is selective so they're entry requirements are so high 😫 I'm hoping if I just miss an A and everyone else has done worse than expected the might give me some amnesty, especially as you barely even need a C in maths for A Level Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm doing economics too but I only need a B to be accepted, you must be going to a good school, good luck on that A and I hope you get in, and I've never done economics before so I don't know how much maths it requires, I heard It was an essay subject with a lot of graphs so I'm guessing a little knowledge of maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I hope you get the pass too, and yh would be happy with an A just gutted I wouldn't be able to do FM,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If everyone has done worse than expected perhaps they'll allow you to do FM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm doing economics too but I only need a B to be accepted, you must be going to a good school, good luck on that A and I hope you get in, and I've never done economics before so I don't know how much maths it requires, I heard It was an essay subject with a lot of graphs so I'm guessing a little knowledge of maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah if you look at the past papers it's entirely functional maths which wouldn't exceed a C/B grade at GCSE, also the maths questions only count for a small number of marks, most of the marks come from the essay-based questions as you said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If everyone has done worse than expected perhaps they'll allow you to do FM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so, If Im a few marks off Ill just ask nicely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah if you look at the past papers it's entirely functional maths which wouldn't exceed a C/B grade at GCSE, also the maths questions only count for a small number of marks, most of the marks come from the essay-based questions as you said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OH cool, apparently there's a lot of tick box as well? Saw it online somewhere I forgot where but on the edexcel website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatimabibi_)
    That's really amazing, I'm also be studying biology, chemistry and psychology so could you please give me some revision tips? Also which exam board are you with ?
    All AQA,
    Chemistry: watch YouTube videos:
    https://m.youtube.com/user/MrERintoul (This guy is the real MVP)
    www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk
    Biology: I like making summaries of every topic and drawing processes out to clear my head.
    Psychology: this I found to be the trickiest one, this could be because I neglected it slightly or because I'm used to short answer questions. What I did was make summaries, with a description of the subject, the same volume of material but evaluation of that content(pros and cons), and also as many methodological evaluations as I could find in the Internet. But I noticed that I wasn't learning fast enough I ended up writing down, evaluating the content and further evaluating specific Psychology studies in fact I learnt over 90 of them off by heart in the last 2 months leading up to my exams! The hardest thing I found was remembering the names but once I got the hang of it everyone thought I was amazing at psychology! Basically learn the studies and case studies inside out so that you can use them at any time.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel- I officially hate you

I think I did all right overall but we have see tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.