Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am. I'm on msn too if you want to talk :hugs:
CareBear
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
its my first post in here.
i got put on anti depressants today, and im a wee bit scared of starting them. but i know they will probally help
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for Luke
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CareBear)
its my first post in here.
i got put on anti depressants today, and im a wee bit scared of starting them. but i know they will probally help
Hi CareBear, what a lovely username! I used to love the care bears when I was little

What anti-depressants have you been prescribed? I was lucky when I was on mine as the first one I was given worked and did help. However, lots of anti-depressants have side effects and I wasn't so lucky on that front! Just be careful...there are lots of anti-depressants on the market. If you start to feel worse, go straight back to your doctor and speak to him/her about swapping onto something different. Oh, and remember that they do take a bit of time to start working.

We're all here for you though hun. Let us know how you are doing and if you ever need to chat or just want a hug, don't be scared to say so

lots of love, take care :hugs: x
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi CareBear :hugs:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Withdrawal sucks, and I don't know what to say to help you to get through it (pulse is 120 now just thinking about it). Keep in touch with your GP, carry on seeing A&E if you're worried about your physical or mental state, ring me in the middle of the night if you need to. There is life on the other side of this :hugs:.
Thank you YAP, that means a lot to me. I have come home for a while, just until this passes. How are you? :hugs:
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm a horrible horrible person

I want to curl up and die
addie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)
I'm a horrible horrible person

I want to curl up and die
Oh my goodness, thats a terrible thing to say.

You surely cannot have not done anything that bad as to think that. Correct me if Im wrong here.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I think we should be biased when it comes to drugs. In the past I would always say that everyone is different and that you cannot say "don't go on this drug, because withdrawal is hell", "you are putting toxins into your body" etc. If you want to stay on something all of your life, then perhaps it is the drug for you. If you want to be able to live, if you do not want to become apathetic, fat, hateful and exhausted, do not. You get all of that and then doctors - most of which I HATE - have the audacity to say that it is the depression, not the drugs. Absolute ********. Total rubbish. I hate whoever suggested I take medication. Because now I am dependent on it. I cannot live without it and cannot live with it. I don't know what to do. But I do not want to live like THIS. I hate myself and I have become hateful of other people, too. People disgust me. I never used to be like that. I feel so ill. I have come home for a bit. My mum is ill (going back to hospital tomorrow), my Dad is never quite well, my Nan is ill. Everyone is ******* ill. I hate everything about my life. I have messed everything up at uni - I have made drunken mistakes at uni and I already have a bad reputation for drinking/mouthing off. But I am completely different when sober. Not even a shell of the person I am when I am drunk. I am shy, quiet, caring… but I hate myself. I hate everything. You cannot escape from depression. Whoever said there is hope is lying.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I think we should be biased when it comes to drugs. In the past I would always say that everyone is different and that you cannot say "don't go on this drug, because withdrawal is hell", "you are putting toxins into your body" etc. If you want to stay on something all of your life, then perhaps it is the drug for you. If you want to be able to live, if you do not want to become apathetic, fat, hateful and exhausted, do not. You get all of that and then doctors - most of which I HATE - have the audacity to say that it is the depression, not the drugs. Absolute ********. Total rubbish. I hate whoever suggested I take medication. Because now I am dependent on it. I cannot live without it and cannot live with it. I don't know what to do. But I do not want to live like THIS. I hate myself and I have become hateful of other people, too. People disgust me. I never used to be like that. I feel so ill. I have come home for a bit. My mum is ill (going back to hospital tomorrow), my Dad is never quite well, my Nan is ill. Everyone is ******* ill. I hate everything about my life. I have messed everything up at uni - I have made drunken mistakes at uni and I already have a bad reputation for drinking/mouthing off. But I am completely different when sober. Not even a shell of the person I am when I am drunk. I am shy, quiet, caring… but I hate myself. I hate everything. You cannot escape from depression. Whoever said there is hope is lying.
I hate people too. (besides you guys who understand me!) And I agree, there is no escape. I think I'm getting somewhere and then I just relapse Not good.

I'm going back home for good. Parents have agreed it's for the best. So this time in 2 weeks, if all goes to plan, I'll be back home and job hunting. Fun times. Scared but excited. Just hope I get somewhere.
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus - :hugs:

i know the feeling, been feeling good for a while now but its hit me once again, the negative voice is back once again won't leave me alone always putting me down and being freezing cold doesn't help

*pink_sapphires* - im happy to hear you've made up your mind and i hope it goes well for you
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for Laus and Liz and Rainfaery and everyone else
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and Lego :hugs: sorry didn't see you before x
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
Laus - :hugs:

i know the feeling, been feeling good for a while now but its hit me once again, the negative voice is back once again won't leave me alone always putting me down and being freezing cold doesn't help

*pink_sapphires* - im happy to hear you've made up your mind and i hope it goes well for you
Thanks darling :hugs:

how are you?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
:hugs: for Laus and Liz and Rainfaery and everyone else
:hugs: back. are you ok my sweet?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
:hugs: back. are you ok my sweet?
i can't talk at moment. dissociated a bit and talk funny. ok though.
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Thanks darling :hugs:

how are you?
bored, lonely and cold
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone.

God I want this to stop. When will it get better?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone. Thinking about you all :hugs:

Also, I got a conditional offer off Bangor!! so im feeling good today.
Just have to work for it now!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads