Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Wanted to ask; have you, by any chance, heard of or played Portal?
    And if not, why not? :hmmm:

(Original post by Illusionary)
    And if not, why not? :hmmm:
    Exactly.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love this song from GT5 and from the TV ad.

Full HD needed to get the best out of the PS3?

I only have a 720p one in my room and parents won't allow me to hook up consoles to the full HD one in the living room. :nopity:

Considering getting a new TV. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I got portal when steam were giving it away for free a couple of months ago
    It's like the highest spec game my laptop can run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    Here's a tip - walking from Faversham train station to Boughton alone at 2am in December is not a fun walk. I never realised how dark those roads were! And it only take like 5-10mins in the car. Took a bloody hour to walk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I love this song from GT5 and from the TV ad.

I've never heard that in game before. What a tune. Thank you for bringing this into my life.

(That sounds ridiculously sarcastic but it's not - I genuinely think it's awesome.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Full HD needed to get the best out of the PS3?

I only have a 720p one in my room and parents won't allow me to hook up consoles to the full HD one in the living room. :nopity:

Considering getting a new TV. :holmes:
    Most games are still 720p, so if you have 1080i/p it'll be upscaled.

(Original post by Roobsa)
    I've never heard that in game before. What a tune. Thank you for bringing this into my life.

(That sounds ridiculously sarcastic but it's not - I genuinely think it's awesome.)
    :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    The song from GT5 that is stuck in my head lately is Rock it by Sub Focus...

It's also always playing at my gym so i keep hearing it all the time everyday and it's starting to get annoying.... Nice song though...

ReputationRep:
    PSP2 power is comparable to PS3?

ReputationRep:
    The PSP 2 is gonna rock hard! I just hope it is no more than the price PSP are at now RRP.

ReputationRep:
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!! My work is done and handed in, how I got it done I have no idea. That was a long night. I won't be leaving work that late again, fairly sure I have at least passed it even if I didn't do as well as perhaps I could have. Now to update PS3 software then spend an evening on GT5 and MW2 if I can stay awake
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sounds good, though it is early days.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception first details revealed.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...-structure.ars

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139326p1.html

Official reveal happening at award ceremony. :jive:

ReputationRep:
    [SIZE="3"]Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception first details revealed.[/SIZE]

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...-structure.ars

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139326p1.html

Official reveal happening at award ceremony. :jive:
    About bloody time!

Naughty Dog said they intend for the game to be character driven—they will make even more use of motion-capture techniques and now have their own dedicated studio for it. Likewise, the mechanics of the game will be getting a few tweaks, such as enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple targets at one time. Multiplayer and online co-op will be getting more attention as well.
    PS Move? I knew buying it would be worth it in the long run!

Uncharted 3 and Arkham City both expected to have trailers at the awards

(Original post by hobo06)
    About bloody time!

Uncharted 3 and Arkham City both expected to have trailers at the awards
    I know right. :pierre:

I'd rather have gameplay but hey, it's better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    PS Move?
    No, they're referring to motion capture where you get an actor to wear that suit with all the balls stuck to it. It allows them to make the animations far more realistic and create more fluid movement of characters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    No, they're referring to motion capture where you get an actor to wear that suit with all the balls stuck to it. It allows them to make the animations far more realistic and create more fluid movement of characters.
    Oh

I can't reply on your profile, so: that certainly sounds like my good friend hobo07. He leant his voice to the game. But then blew all the money he got for it on drugs. That guy never learns :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't played either of the Uncharteds. Should probably get around to that at some point.

In other news, the opening of AC:Brotherhood is just fantastic. One of the best opening 1-2 hours I've ever played in a game. And I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to enjoy playing as Desmond as well.

Of course I have, what kind of newb do you take me for? :p:

Loved it. Can't wait for the second one, looks so much grander in every way.

(Original post by Phalanges)
    Of course I have, what kind of newb do you take me for? :p:

Loved it. Can't wait for the second one, looks so much grander in every way.
    Just checking.

Can't wait for the second one too. The multiplayer aspect, in particular, looks very clever. I mean, Portal is a very good couch game to play with friends watching as well as on your own, so I wonder if multiplayer will be as enjoyable (with friends). The difficulty (concepts they have introduced) looks ... slightly daunting.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.