Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my Biology exam I had on of those moments where I was like ...."Whaaat!?!"... When I saw the last question I was clueless, however after 2 minutes I figured out my answer and felt confident one of those brilliant EUREKA! moments... However, to my dismay the lady in charge of the exam said please put your pencils down before I could write anything on the paper... EPIC FAIL... I did higher tier and I'm hoping I at least got a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Oh that's good.

Which subjects have you already got grades for?
    Maths A*
    English A
    P.E (BTEC) A*A*
    Spanish B
    History B
    Human Health and Physiology B
    IT (nationals) MM
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by techno836)
    Maths A*
    English A
    P.E (BTEC) A*A*
    Spanish B
    History B
    Human Health and Physiology B
    IT (nationals) MM
    Won't the Bs affect your chances of getting into medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChieOnakata)
    In my Biology exam I had on of those moments where I was like ...."Whaaat!?!"... When I saw the last question I was clueless, however after 2 minutes I figured out my answer and felt confident one of those brilliant EUREKA! moments... However, to my dismay the lady in charge of the exam said please put your pencils down before I could write anything on the paper... EPIC FAIL... I did higher tier and I'm hoping I at least got a B.
    ouch that is so unlucky :lol: best of luck

(Original post by h3lpme.)
    I'm waiting for my GCSE results on the 22nd, and i'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and a fourth subject in college, but i don't know what to do?? i want to do something easier than the subjects i'm taking, so it's not too much.. any advice? i was thinking of doing psychology or I.T but im not sure also i want to go into a career like medicine or dentistry
    psychology isn't easy :nope: I'd recommend history/geography to show some variance if you don't want another hard science

ReputationRep:
    Won't the Bs affect your chances of getting into medicine?
    possibly however after results day I will have 6A*s and 3As ..and Universities only see (include) the top 10 when scoring
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    possibly however after results day I will have 6A*s and 3As ..and Universities only see (include) the top 10 when scoring
    Oh, I never knew that, I thought you had to declare all your grades.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I never knew that, I thought you had to declare all your grades.
    you do, but applying wisely I know that leeds and Sheffield aren't too focused on GCSE's and if they have to include them at all that's how they do it I won't apply to Oxbridge or anything down in London anyway :nope: don't like the place
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    you do, but applying wisely I know that leeds and Sheffield aren't too focused on GCSE's and if they have to include them at all that's how they do it I won't apply to Oxbridge or anything down in London anyway :nope: don't like the place
    Oh okay. I'm looking to apply to Manchester seen as it's close and I'm familiar with the place.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay. I'm looking to apply to Manchester seen as it's close and I'm familiar with the place.
    Manchester is my 3rd/4th :yep:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Manchester is my 3rd/4th :yep:
    Looking forward to pay the loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chieonakata)
    in my biology exam i had on of those moments where i was like ...."whaaat!?!"... When i saw the last question i was clueless, however after 2 minutes i figured out my answer and felt confident one of those brilliant eureka! Moments... However, to my dismay the lady in charge of the exam said please put your pencils down before i could write anything on the paper... Epic fail... i did higher tier and i'm hoping i at least got a b.
    absolutely identical situation...which exam if u dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to pay the loan?
    loan?

I don't believe money is too much of an issue but it might be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)
    Any advice for me on results day ???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont feel like you have to open your results in front of everybody or even at school. Also if you don't get what you want remember that you can get a remark of you weren't very far off a better grade and you might get up a grade. Good luck!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    loan?

I don't believe money is too much of an issue but it might be
    I would've agreed to that if the tuition fee was 3k per year.

ReputationRep:
    I would've agreed to that if the tuition fee was 3k per year.
    oh i'm not too bothered about student loan, don't have to pay anything until over 21k ..it takes a small amount out a month and it gets wiped after so many years ... it's not like i'm paying upfront :lol:

I thought you was on about accommodation in Manchester :lol:

ReputationRep:
    psychology isn't easy :nope: I'd recommend history/geography to show some variance if you don't want another hard science
    thing is i did geography as a gcse and didn't like it at all:/ im not really sure, i can choose anything i want, i just want something that wont need as much determination as the other subjects, any other options/

ReputationRep:
    Well Psychology is good in my opinion however I think something "tougher" might be better... I don't like saying one subject is easier than another: each to their own you know??? I'm sorry if I sound snobby for saying that, but I think Psychology is a more commonly picked a level and if your thinking of going into medicine you might want to pick Physics or Further Maths. This would make you a stand out candidate and the Universities would appreciate your the fact that your a levels are all connected to medical science in one way or another. However, I personally think you should pick something that would offer a more broad curriculum e.g. Religious Studies or English Literature both subjects offer critical thinking and analysis skills which are VITAL when you have to think on your feet which to the best of my knowledge is what goes on a lot of the time in Hospitals or whatever the medical facility is. Remember you want to enjoy your a levels and not be stressed out, I think subjects like Geography, History and RE would take the pressure off and they are very much traditional a level subjects. I suggest RE because you look into the ethical side e.g. transplants for example and the ethical implications etc. OR you could pick Geography, personally this subject is very broad you could become a medical anthropologist working for the United Nations or you could become one of the world's leading Climate Scientists. I did Geography at GCSE and I'm waiting for my results on the 22nd too so I really think Geography is the way to go. You explore human impact on the environment and you explore physical geography. Sorry for the long reply Good Luck!!! As long as you work hard you can do anything PS. I'm possibly picking the same subjects so I can go and do Neuroscience and become a Neuroscientist...What exactly in medicine do you want to do e.g. Dermatology, Cardiology etc. Sorry I just like chatting to like-minded people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3lpme.)
    thing is i did geography as a gcse and didn't like it at all:/ im not really sure, i can choose anything i want, i just want something that wont need as much determination as the other subjects, any other options/
    I didn't see you mention IT sorry but IT is a good idea it's different and it also keeps more doors open for a contingency plan
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I didn't see you mention IT sorry but IT is a good idea it's different and it also keeps more doors open for a contingency plan
    The only subject I can go in the exam room with out revising for. Well, apart from physics that is.

ReputationRep:
    The only subject I can go in the exam room with out revising for. Well, apart from physics that is.
    really? so i.t is easy?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.