Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by great life)
    Congrats! Are you local or international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!
    International, I'm French.

Do you have an offer yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who received the "interview was competitive, but not high enough" message heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megamanshah)
    Has anyone who received the "interview was competitive, but not high enough" message heard anything?
    Nothing yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Nothing yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm getting increasingly worried that I might get rejected, they seem to have handed out offers to students from the UK and now are giving out offers to international students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megamanshah)
    I'm getting increasingly worried that I might get rejected, they seem to have handed out offers to students from the UK and now are giving out offers to international students
    Don't worry too much, that's cos this past month they had been interviewing internationals, and are now getting back to them...there are still places but probably not too many for all of us who received the "competitive interview but not high enough.." message and we'll just have to wait til the end of the cycle to hear back

Anyone know when the final interview dates are? Think they've written end of march on the portal somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know whether my Application Status should change after interview? Because my Application Status is still at "Acceptance of Interview" even though I had my interview more than 2 weeks ago... (P.S. I'm an international student, had interview on February 19th)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazer46)
    Hi, does anyone know whether my Application Status should change after interview? Because my Application Status is still at "Acceptance of Interview" even though I had my interview more than 2 weeks ago... (P.S. I'm an international student, had interview on February 19th)
    It only changes from that if they offer you or reject you. Mine stayed as acceptance of interview until I was offered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So updates only come at 5.45pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iacovos)
    So updates only come at 5.45pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems to be a trend of around 5-6 pm I think.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! So I have my interview next week, im an international student (had problems with visa so i had to postpone the interview date). Any last minute advice? oh and just out of curiousity has anyone had this interview through skype?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.... Just had a nightmare / panic thinggy ...
    Basically in the dream i recieved an update from kcl saying they have given out all offers and whilst my score was competitive ; it wasnt competitive enough......
    And then they called other people up after rejecting them post interview on results day ... Lol at my imagination ... But seriously ......
    I have now woken up and constantly checking mg portal ...cAnt sleep ...
    Oh lordy .... I think i am becoming more and more pessimistic as more offers are being given out .......
    Help ..... Gulp ...... Sad face ... Was this a psychic moment or my negative thought process ...... or my conscience trying to tell me something ... Like an accurate assessment of my interview ...
    Funny never had nightmares doing dissections ......and other ' challenging stuff '
    Clear sign i need to hit the gym hard .....
    WHy is life becoming so hard ( ps not depressed lol) ...
    Sorry for a relatively long and selfish post .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it that the earlier we firm the more preference we get for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnerz)
    Is it that the earlier we firm the more preference we get for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, if u apply before June 30th your all balloted equally, any later and you're further down the pecking order for the ballot post results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who's received an offer!!

Are there any grads going to the open day on the 19th? Would be great to meet up beforehand!!

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question here but .. After my interview, I was asked to upload additional documents last Wednesday and I did on that day but haven't gotten a confirmation that they received it. Should I send a message asking on portal? Today is the 2 week mark of my interview. Help!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how relevant this is, but I was asked to upload my documents before my interview (which was in January) and when I did they never confirmed that they have seen it.
    And I still don't have an offer or a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlee0926)
    Not sure how relevant this is, but I was asked to upload my documents before my interview (which was in January) and when I did they never confirmed that they have seen it.
    And I still don't have an offer or a rejection.
    Oh man that's a while! Did you get asked to upload after interview as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veriluxe)
    Oh man that's a while! Did you get asked to upload after interview as well?
    Actually I checked the portal the night before my interview, saw their message telling me to upload my certs, panicked cos I thought I was too late in uploading them, and uploaded them right after.

TL;DR No, I uploaded before the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlee0926)
    Actually I checked the portal the night before my interview, saw their message telling me to upload my certs, panicked cos I thought I was too late in uploading them, and uploaded them right after.

TL;DR No, I uploaded before the interview
    Hahaha omg I would've panicked so hard too! Are you home or international? I have a feeling this week is the week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys so important updates ( please don't quote me and do confirm these by contacting unis)

LAST INTERVIEWS IS in march 27th.
    people like me who haven't heard back will probably do so after this dates ( probably first 2 weeks of april) after they have given put offers to all "outstanding " candidates ... Anyplace a left will probably be offered to us.....

This confirms our suspicion , " pooling us and if there's re places left to offer ... There will be but I don't know how many places will be left " so there will be probably be a few rejections .....
    I hope that helps ... I know it didn't comfort me Lolz

PS GUYS THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE ...
    PLEASE ALWAYS CONFIRM WITH UNI ....
    THEY WILL PROBABLY PROVE ME WRONG BY GIVING OUT OFFERS ..... LOLZ
    DONT GET DISTRESSED OR ANYTHING .. PLEASE .. THATS THR ONLY REASON I PUT INFO HERE ... ONLY TO HELP..MEXCERCISE UR DISCRETION.... AND DONT STRESS OUT......,
    DONT MAKE ANY DECISIONS BECAUSE OF THIS POST.... HELLO ( lol) WE LIVE IN 21 st century .... IN THE WORLD OF INTERNET .... SO HARD TO CONFIRM WHAT I AM SAYING

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.