Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Think I might kill myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Back on this thread seeing predictions of our success, how lovely!

How are all the regulars?
    Haha it's a great feeling knowing we're favourites for promotion for a lot of people.
    Anyway, great performance from Dangerous Dave and Afobe's of the mark, which is good. Wonder how Blackburn will cope without Gestede. Coady looks a great signing for us and Le Fondre should fill the gap well if Dicko/Afobe get injured. We should get top 6, but we'll see how the season pans out. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Just when you thought a football league highlight show couldn't get any worse..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Just when you thought a football league highlight show couldn't get any worse..
    Indeed; it was actually quite hard to watch all the way through - so incoherent and awkward. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    3-0 win for the Dulwich today, top of the league and our debut striker scored a brace.

Happy days here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Indeed; it was actually quite hard to watch all the way through - so incoherent and awkward. :sadnod:
    Hope they realise that fans just want football, not the awkward 'banter' with the weatherspoon-reject audience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I don't know who annoys me more, Wigan or QPR. sad to see these clubs fall. Charlton 2-0 QPR.
    QPR.easy. Austin scored them 18 last season and they still got relegated.

Besides they get promoted with their daddy's credit card and the irish in me can't support a rangers side.

Wigan all the same look in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Despite being the 'feature game' and having Michael Vaughan pop up I too found the format of the new show awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Despite being the 'feature game' and having Michael Vaughan pop up I too found the format of the new show awkward.
    I almost miss staying up to watch the highlights after MOTD.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a bizarre end to Bury's game.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder why walk-in goals never happen in the premier league (oh wait, maybe the players are actually disciplined enough)

ReputationRep:
    Super Sam Vokes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We won 2-1 after Wealdstone turned up 20 minutes late :lol:

I'm hoping for a playoff berth this season, but Bath is Bath so we'll see.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Capital One Cup tomorrow night for a lot of Championship and League One sides. I love the football season being back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Back on this thread seeing predictions of our success, how lovely!

How are all the regulars?
    Stunned after Saturday's result!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    We won 2-1 after Wealdstone turned up 20 minutes late :lol:

I'm hoping for a playoff berth this season, but Bath is Bath so we'll see.
    Team to watch out for this season, Maidstone United. Outclassed our whole league last year, and got a great following. Outnumbered home fans at most away games.

ReputationRep:
    Henri Lansbury joining Burnley for 4 million. Forest dark horse to go down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony_LeaS)
    Team to watch out for this season, Maidstone United. Outclassed our whole league last year, and got a great following. Outnumbered home fans at most away games.
    Funnily enough someone else told me that Maidstone United is a team to watch out for too. Who do you support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Funnily enough someone else told me that Maidstone United is a team to watch out for too. Who do you support?
    Dulwich Hamlet. We were extremely happy with Maidstone taking the title, well and truly deserved it.

That and it means minimal competition for the league this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony_LeaS)
    Dulwich Hamlet. We were extremely happy with Maidstone taking the title, well and truly deserved it.

That and it means minimal competition for the league this year!
    Excuse my ignorance, what league do they play in?

Good luck for the season!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.