Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    Anyone got any tips for Holman Fenwick Willan AC?

Cheers.
    Hey congrats! Can I ask when you applied?

I went to their Open Day in November so I might be able to give you some tips from what they told us! Wanna inbox me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    Anyone got any tips for Holman Fenwick Willan AC?

Cheers.
    Message me and I can help you out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Debevoise & Plimpton assessment centre tomorrow afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mal22)
    Congrats if you don't mind me asking, I noticed that you received an offer for K&L Gates' vac scheme do you mind telling me how long they took to reply to you? I applied on the 31st and still haven't heard anything so wondering if what to deduce from that :/
    Was it the 31st of December you applied? I applied in mid-Jan, not long before the deadline. I then got an invite to an open day but that went into my junk mail. I also got an interview invitation about 3 days after that. I interviewed just over 2 weeks ago now. Best of luck and I hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by busybody1)
    Yay me too! which scheme are you doing?
    Congratulations! I'm on the 2nd scheme commencing 29th June, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just did the 2Birds video interview. I managed to say some good points but I also froze up a number of times before finally formulating the words and saying what I wanted to say. I really hope they take the whole time-pressure thing into account because I felt like I was sitting a Spanish/German/French oral exam from school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    Was it the 31st of December you applied? I applied in mid-Jan, not long before the deadline. I then got an invite to an open day but that went into my junk mail. I also got an interview invitation about 3 days after that. I interviewed just over 2 weeks ago now. Best of luck and I hope that helps
    Thank you yes I applied on the 31st of January! (That was the deadline I think because I got an email saying that my application was received) however when I checked the status of my application on CV mail, there is nothing next to status :/ do you think that might be a problem? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)
    Me three! I'm on the first scheme.

I'm on the 2nd scheme too!! woop... I guess we'll be seeing

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if they are done with interview - rejections en masse for anyone still waiting?

Also, has anyone been rejected by White & Case, Gibson Dunn or Macfarlanes?

ReputationRep:
    For what its worth, I interviewed at Gibson Dunn in April last year in an absolute car crash of an affair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Able star)
    Just did the 2Birds video interview. I managed to say some good points but I also froze up a number of times before finally formulating the words and saying what I wanted to say. I really hope they take the whole time-pressure thing into account because I felt like I was sitting a Spanish/German/French oral exam from school.

Don't worry I am sure they must take into account the time pressure as so many people must crumble under the pressure of them altogether! Do you mind me asking were they all competency based questions or a mix? I am just about to do it and my prep has not gone well today at all! so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aim-High)
    Hi! Sorry for the delay. I applied shortly before the deadline (30 Jan). No, it wasn't a private number. My AC was on Tuesday. I received my offer yesterday. Good luck with your other apps.
    Congratulations, great news! How did you find the AC? Was it really difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmac92)
    Don't worry I am sure they must take into account the time pressure as so many people must crumble under the pressure of them altogether! Do you mind me asking were they all competency based questions or a mix? I am just about to do it and my prep has not gone well today at all! so nervous!

How did it go?

I'm a bit confused... is the deadline tonight or tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeymanC3)
    DWF interview. However, they wrote:

"However, as you have noted that you are available to start a training contract in 2015/ 2016 we would like to fast-track your application and progress you to an interview for a Training Contract instead of the Vacation Scheme."

Is that quite a common procedure to allow them to get an understanding of more candidates?
    Hi which office was this for? and did you tick 2015 or 2016 TC? PS have you had your interview? any tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharifa22)
    Hi which office was this for? and did you tick 2015 or 2016 TC? PS have you had your interview? any tips
    Hi there!

This was for the London office. I ticked 2016.

Unfortunately my interview is not for another 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Able star)
    I found this as well. I think this particular interview process will be new to a lot of people so I expect most of us will be in a similar boat!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had Eversheds face to face interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a Dechert interview this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's done a Vac scheme at Mayer Brown - would really appreciate it if you could PM me .

ReputationRep:
    Update on TLT London - "should hear back by the end of this week or into next"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.