The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tamara98
Thank you for your lovely words, hopefully we'll both manage to get an interview ! PM me if you need any help <3

Well, let's give out best and hopefully meet one day!!! :biggrin:
Thank you very much, Tamara, you're very kind! I can say the same, please ask if you need help! ^_^
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck to everyone doing admissions tests tomorrow :biggrin:

Aww thanks. I will need it c:
Guys, regarding the written work cover sheet, there's an area for a stamp. However, don't know if that's the case in the UK but our teachers do not have their own stamp. Should I get it stamped by the school principal ? :/

I emailed them about the stamp problem because my teachers didn't have stamps either and they found an alternative way. You could call/email them and see what they suggest
So what is the alrernative way?
Original post by snowflake39
I emailed them about the stamp problem because my teachers didn't have stamps either and they found an alternative way. You could call/email them and see what they suggest

Which college are you applying to ? What was the suggestion ? :smile:
I've applied for philosophy and theology at Jesus college (ironically).

Good luck to all of you guys for tomorrow- if anyone else is taking the "PHIL" let me know!

Also, as for the written work I have to send in two essays- do we just post them to our respective colleges or is there some quicker way, such as by email?

Best of luck to everyone with your applications :smile:
Anyone else taking the MLAT/ELAT tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck to everyone doing admissions tests tomorrow :biggrin:

Thank you, definitely gonna need it XD XD
Original post by SGrice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally someone applying for English and Modern Languages too ! :biggrin:
Finally someone applying for English and Modern Languages too ! :biggrin:

Yes! What modern language did you apply for? I applied for French!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SGrice
Yes! What modern language did you apply for? I applied for French!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you kidding me, me too !!!
What college ? :biggrin:
Are you kidding me, me too !!!
What college ? :biggrin:

That's great! 😋 I was allocated to Somerville. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SGrice
That's great! 😋 I was allocated to Somerville. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was allocated to St Anne's. Are you ready for tomorrow ? :biggrin:
What are your other uni choices ?
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! ahhhh
Yep. The ELAT tomorrow!!! :s-smilie:Good luck fellow applicants! :biggrin:

Original post by SGrice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was allocated to St Anne's. Are you ready for tomorrow ? :biggrin:
What are your other uni choices ?

I hope I am! I'm worried for the MLAT because I heard it has a low passing rate but I've been reviewing a lot so *fingers crossed* I've also applied to St. Andrews, Durham, QMUL, and Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent off my written work to Magdalen College this morning, just prepping for the HAT now :afraid:
Original post by antigone-
Sent off my written work to Magdalen College this morning, just prepping for the HAT now :afraid:

Lucky you, got that marked! I'm on half term at the moment, been emailing my teacher my work but she's not replying ! D:

Good luck with the HAT, i'm sure you'll do well in it :h:
Which college are you applying to ? What was the suggestion ? :smile:

I applied to Christ Church. I printed the teacher profiles out from my school's website (since they have that) so that served as proof that they're actually teachers and not just some random person. You could maybe put down some contact info of the teachers so if they have doubts they can contact them and confirm that they filled out the cover sheet. If they have like a businesscard maybe you could scan that and send it with the written work, also as proof. I'm sure there are several things you can do instead of the stamp and the college will understand that not all schools have a stamp :smile: it shouldn't be an issue as long as the cover sheet is filled out for each subject.
Original post by snowflake39
I applied to Christ Church. I printed the teacher profiles out from my school's website (since they have that) so that served as proof that they're actually teachers and not just some random person. You could maybe put down some contact info of the teachers so if they have doubts they can contact them and confirm that they filled out the cover sheet. If they have like a businesscard maybe you could scan that and send it with the written work, also as proof. I'm sure there are several things you can do instead of the stamp and the college will understand that not all schools have a stamp :smile: it shouldn't be an issue as long as the cover sheet is filled out for each subject.

Thank you very much ! I should just email the college to make sure :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending