Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippi1)
    I got my offer for straight Social Policy BSc in January - is the course you have applied to ?
    oh,yes.I applied to all the majors in Bsc social policy. Got rejected from three of them.Still waiting for this one. They said my ps is not strong enough. I am an American applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okmandy)
    oh,yes.I applied to all the majors in Bsc social policy. Got rejected from three of them.Still waiting for this one. They said my ps is not strong enough. I am an American applicant.
    Ok well good luck with your remaining chance and your other options away from LSE.

I think because they don't interview they take the personal statement very seriously ...

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide whether I should send an email to ugadmissions if I don't hear next week, just saying how I know it's competitive and was wondering whether the admissions selector is still reviewing my application... Thoughts? My 4 week expired feb 6th and next Friday would be March 6th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Can't decide whether I should send an email to ugadmissions if I don't hear next week, just saying how I know it's competitive and was wondering whether the admissions selector is still reviewing my application... Thoughts? My 4 week expired feb 6th and next Friday would be March 6th
    I think if you do email them they will just say they are still considering your application ... They will tell you when they have made their minds up ... I can't imagine they will think oh this person really wants to know so lets put them out of their misery !! But hey do what you think you should !! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    do not under any circumstances. That is a guaranteed rejection. Just wait until the end of march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    do not under any circumstances. That is a guaranteed rejection. Just wait until the end of march
    That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powelsmartin)
    That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They would not reject you for emailing them ... All decisions have to be scrutinised for fairness and you couldn't say that was a valid reason !! I don't think it will get you an answer any quicker though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippi1)
    I think if you do email them they will just say they are still considering your application ... They will tell you when they have made their minds up ... I can't imagine they will think oh this person really wants to know so lets put them out of their misery !! But hey do what you think you should !! Good luck
    (Original post by avar)
    Yeah like, I know it's not going to increase my chances of getting an offer or anything it's more my fam just making me double check LSE haven't lost/forgotten about my application - think this is just nerves making me think illogically -> if they have lost it then I'll sell my story to the Daily Mail in April and make my fortune!!! Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    lol my mum thinks i should do the same... my 4 weeks ended on feb 6th too, it's peak innit
    probs not worth emailing tho, just tryna stay calm - at least we know it cant be another month before they tell us cos of the 31st march deadline right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for IR ps wasn't strong enough

ReputationRep:
    If they were not still reviewing your application you would have had the rejection by now. I genuinely believe that many Unis have been caught out this cycle. If you look in lots of other threads, there are people who are still waiting for their replies. The Unis have the stock 8 and 4 week email but the volume of applications has rendered them useless. You did not get rejected today so you are still in with a shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djsimpy)
    lol my mum thinks i should do the same... my 4 weeks ended on feb 6th too, it's peak innit
    probs not worth emailing tho, just tryna stay calm - at least we know it cant be another month before they tell us cos of the 31st march deadline right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah exactly, I'm just gonna wait

(Original post by JamjamjamT)
    If they were not still reviewing your application you would have had the rejection by now. I genuinely believe that many Unis have been caught out this cycle. If you look in lots of other threads, there are people who are still waiting for their replies. The Unis have the stock 8 and 4 week email but the volume of applications has rendered them useless. You did not get rejected today so you are still in with a shout.
    Yeah I'm gonna wait it out

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, I'm just gonna wait

Yeah I'm gonna wait it out
    Thing is you would never know. You could email them on Monday and get rejected by Wednesday and then you would always be asking yourself if it was because of your email.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected after 20 weeks of waiting. Sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Thing is you would never know. You could email them on Monday and get rejected by Wednesday and then you would always be asking yourself if it was because of your email.
    Yeah exactly, I'm not taking that chance, I'll just wait it out and if, and I doubt it will, come to March 31 at least I'm then right to email. Cheers for persuading me man, I don't want to throw it away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yangyuning)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn that's what I don't like, as it builds your hope that you've not been rejected and then 20 weeks bam. They should do offers and rejevtions all together in March of feb time not dribs and drabs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, I'm not taking that chance, I'll just wait it out and if, and I doubt it will, come to March 31 at least I'm then right to email. Cheers for persuading me man, I don't want to throw it away
    I think that's probably right call mate, although I said earlier no harm in calling it's true if you do get rejected you'll always b like it was that phone call/ email whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm an applicant for 2015 LSE Graduate programme

I have a question on LSE application submission.

I already paid my application fee with credit card and received the receipt e-mail.
    But my application form status still looks like this.... Pay&Submit section is still orange-ish.

Does this mean that I have successfully turned in my application and I just have to wait until LSE confirms my payment or do I have to contact them asking for technical support since application has not been submitted yet?

Deadline is by today so I'm really worried now :'(
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yangyuning)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww! Did they tell you what's the reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaisaisa)
    Got rejected for IR ps wasn't strong enough
    Can I asked what you got at AS etc? I too have applied for IR and still haven't heard back, I'm worried and wouldn't consider myself a strong applicant because I got C's at GCSE -_- fail...but I just wish they'd tell me if I'm rejected sooner

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.